Disney debuts “The Little Mermaid” Live Action First Look

bbbsss

The casting of Ariel already was when it went bad.

But where was the anger when Brandy became Cinderella, Whitney Houston was the fairy godmother.

My generation Cinderella by Disney was multi ethnicity and it was groundbreaking, because like when Britney worked with Madonna, it was huge Brandy worked with Whitney Houston, the singer that inspired her Monica might have won the public but battle wise it's game over when the successor actually picked the industry favorite as my throne is your's when it's your turn..

@CrazyButItFeelsAllright

The backlash is sad, cos Cinderella was white in the animation world, if anything it actually shows it was cancelled the minute she was announced as Ariel.

Red heads are cool,but you aren't being erased,and give it a chance,I know more females who are trump supporters happy for the film, same with loving the new Thor.

it's the men aka the Chad's and it's literally like right in Time, the men come out denouncing ****..

And I'm not surprised at all.

As fir danish people saying their culture never had Black people at the time it was written, well wasn't this technically a metaphor of his broken heart over a man that didn't love him, according to the folklore.

One more thing, explain Sebastisn as well, no Jamaican crab existed in this time line either..

Stop dissecting everything, cos the counter arguments have actual fact to make your opinion become irrelevant and on the way to the er waiting for the timeline of the immediately time of death, wrong opinion cancelled..

You guys complained about mooshoo, and Mulan not being a musical, without checking why. The version we loved was disrespectful to the Chinese people by adding elements that wasn't in the folklore.

a huge list of stuff we did, that probably offended people of the folklore, the love story of Captain John Smith and Pocahontas comes to mind, hell in reality she died before going to London in the direct to video sequel, she survived, actually ruining the events of that trip, that didn't well, actually came out happily ever after.

I hope most of you don't have kid's..

6 hours ago, SouthernOreo said:

It's really folks getting mad that a black actress/singer has taken on the role of a FICTIONAL, let me repeat that ..... a FICTIONAL .... character, that could've been ANY RACE. ANY ETHNICITY. Why are some of you so upset over such?! Please, give me a LOGICAL reasoning. I'll wait.....

Because people wanted to see someone who actually resembles the ORIGINAL character from the 1989 cartoon, which Halle does not. What is there so hard to understand?

:tiffeyeroll_miss_ny_new_york_ms_annoyed_eyes_roll_eyeroll_irritated:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, Alexanda said:

There are too many changes, i don't like that.

It's like a white-aladdin, it doesn't make sense.  

I am all for diversity, but idk it changes too much. 

Aladdin was supposed to be Indian, the mermaid is ....well a mermaid! Who said mermaids are European?? It's a mythical creature not a prime minister in Finland in the 60's , make your words make sense at least.....

• Love 2
  • Like 1
30 minutes ago, bbbsss said:

Because people wanted to see someone who actually resembles the ORIGINAL character from the 1989 cartoon, which Halle does not. What is there so hard to understand?

:tiffeyeroll_miss_ny_new_york_ms_annoyed_eyes_roll_eyeroll_irritated:

Ok. You still have that version..

But it's 33 years ago, I was 5 when that movie came out, saw it in theatres, please stop gate keeping, cos that's what I'm seeing,,my childhood is ruined, it's a kid's movie, and your throwing a tantrum on a movie not being marketed to you at all..

Please stop acting like a baby and shut up and grow up.

I'm sorry Disney isn't marketing or aiming at you. I'm sorry your childhood is being ruined, though it's not, it's still on Disney plus, that's if you stream, cos you sound like my parents when a remake came out of a film they loved and made it modern to my youth culture and issues relevant..

So please just stop, it's hating,, gate keeping, but keep in adding things to the check list..

Cos you know it's bad when the anti woke crowd is actually saying it's racist, and I see it, when they call it out as well,, Houston you have a problem. COS it's a kid's movie and a musical, so she was hired cos she can sing, not cos if her skin color, and for the record Jody Benson, your beloved Ariel is ready and stamp of approval.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block