Don’t praise her for being atheist please

51 minutes ago, thousand oaks said:

I see a lot of people praising her for becoming atheist, and that seems really stupid to me. I absolutely do not criticize her for her choices, she is free to believe or not believe what she wants, but I find it ugly that so many people praise her as if believing in God is wrong and bigoted, while becoming an atheist is cool

Grow up.

• Love 4
  • Haha 1
28 minutes ago, easy said:

the saddest part is how big her faith was to her, that now she doesn't believe because of what was done to her. don't make it about god and what's "cool" — that's the reasons people hate christian's so much, you push your beliefs as "right" and condemn everyone else who thinks differently. allow britney the grace to sort through her faith and spirituality. 

I agree 

• Like 1

Basically she’s not letting anyone yank her chain anymore and saying she’s atheist gets it across to anyone who still thinks they bother her with their 60 second interviews. I believe Britney loves god but some godly people are not godly as they seem everything is not always what it seems you have to watch out for people they be acting shady she’s aware of the shading and doesn’t gaf ha ha  I support it 

1 hour ago, theannehedonia said:

I'm an atheist because I think religious belief is irrational. It's speculative, based on wishful thinking and lacking in objective evidence. Even if there is a god, they would not be worthy of being worshipped. Injustice and despicable acts are committed in their name all the time. It's relative. I think accepting that there is no god is a healthier perspective than the alternative. Religious belief is the same to as someone believing in pizza-gate and/or QAnon.

So good for her. She is using reasoning to understand what is likely true about the world. I could be wrong about the existence of a god, but my experience in this reality points to that it's probably not true. 

Statistics shows that most atheists will adopt a none religious irrational belief after becoming atheists, and that most athiests become atheists for emotional reasons.

To be a rational person that cares about the truth, you will have to do more work than simply being an atheist.

I would easily trust an extremely religious person who respects my freedom, over an atheist who wants to control me through their subjective morals and reactionary politics.

Truth is overrated, none of us will ever know what truth is, and even if we know, humans are too emotional and irrational by nature. Whats more important is being good human beings that respect others freeodm, and having enough awareness that our beliefs are subjective.

• Love 2
  • Haha 1

I don’t believe in god and I think it’s weird that people believe in something that doesn’t exist. To me it’s the same as a fairy tale, but not with happy endings. People should believe what they want tho, as long as they don’t exclude people like gay people and don’t start wars.

I praise Britney for being an atheist now, makes me love her even more!!!

• Love 8
  • Like 1

Unmmm…being Atheist is no different than any other religion.  Some people don’t believe in God…because it is immensely far-fetched.  I’m atheist…I don’t hate people who believe in God, though…after all I did at one point.  But it’s as believable as the tooth fairy and Santa Claus to me.  And her reasons are valid.  She prayed and bad things still happened to her, like me.  You are making it seem like being atheist makes you a bad person?  Like you worship Satan or something.

• Love 5
  • Like 2
8 minutes ago, britneybits2022 said:

I don’t believe in god and I think it’s weird that people believe in something that doesn’t exist. To me it’s the same as a fairy tale, but not with happy endings. People should believe what they want tho, as long as they don’t exclude people like gay people and don’t start wars.

I praise Britney for being an atheist now, makes me love her even more!!!

Its not weird at all that humans believe in something bigger than them to help them cope reality and death. Its part of our human nature to believe in a God weather its real or not. And the happy ending is heaven..

I am so happy that people practice a faith that works for them. 
However, Christianity is one of the major oppressors on this planet. It is used for an excuse to support genocide, racism and capitalism. God did nothing for her. Her lawyer, her fans and her hope for the better brought her to where she is now. 

Humanity is on the brink of extinction, believing in fairytales rather than scientists and other experts is wild. 

• Love 6
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, thousand oaks said:

I see a lot of people praising her for becoming atheist, and that seems really stupid to me. I absolutely do not criticize her for her choices, she is free to believe or not believe what she wants, but I find it ugly that so many people praise her as if believing in God is wrong and bigoted, while becoming an atheist is cool

Praising Britney for being open about believing atheism is not the same as saying that believing in God is wrong and bigoted.  Everyone has a different path with their faith and their beliefs about the nature of our universe. If you believe in God, cool--that's your journey. Britney says she doesn't believe in God right now, and that's her journey--and as she explained she has reasons for the change in belief. I have a lot of respect for her vulnerability about the subject. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Heybritneygirl said:

I am so happy that people practice a faith that works for them. 
However, Christianity is one of the major oppressors on this planet. It is used for an excuse to support genocide, racism and capitalism. God did nothing for her. Her lawyer, her fans and her hope for the better brought her to where she is now. 

Humanity is on the brink of extinction, believing in fairytales rather than scientists and other experts is wild. 

EXACTLY 👏🏻 

7 minutes ago, Jsken said:

Praising Britney for being open about believing atheism is not the same as saying that believing in God is wrong and bigoted.  Everyone has a different path with their faith and their beliefs about the nature of our universe. If you believe in God, cool--that's your journey. Britney says she doesn't believe in God right now, and that's her journey--and as she explained she has reasons for the change in belief. I have a lot of respect for her vulnerability about the subject. 

Why is it an issue to say religion is wrong?

This is coming from someone whos religious