Don’t praise her for being atheist please

2 minutes ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

She’s a Sagittarius. She’ll always be spiritual. I mean, she talked about Astrology and Kabbalah while claiming to be Christian. 

Sagittariuses religious beliefs are always all over the place, shallow, and have alot of contradictins with no structure lol

• Love 2
  • Haha 2
7 minutes ago, fays1 said:

Why is it an issue to say religion is wrong?

This is coming from someone whos religious

I think I am thinking of "believing in God" as a separate thing from religion. Like "religion" can include so many religions, and at least some religions are obviously harmful (like, I'm not trying to judge all the religions of the world, but I could agree for example that Scientology seems harmful to the people who participate in it). Some people believe in the existence of a God without following any particular religion. I don't see anything wrong with having that belief, or not having it. (I'm saying this as someone who is basically agnostic.)

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, Jsken said:

I think I am thinking of "believing in God" as a separate thing from religion. Like "religion" can include so many religions, and at least some religions are obviously harmful (like, I'm not trying to judge all the religions of the world, but I could agree for example that Scientology seems harmful to the people who participate in it). Some people believe in the existence of a God without following any particular religion. I don't see anything wrong with having that belief, or not having it. (I'm saying this as someone who is basically agnostic.)

Yeah but alot of people think the idea of believing in a God (even without religion) is wrong, and I think its okay to say that. They have their own arguments to why they think its wrong, and while I disagree with their arguments as a religious person, I think they have good arguments too that make us think and challenge ourselves. I quoted myself below to me responding to one of their arguments:

1 hour ago, fays1 said:

Statistics shows that most atheists will adopt a none religious irrational belief after becoming atheists, and that most athiests become atheists for emotional reasons.

To be a rational person that cares about the truth, you will have to do more work than simply being an atheist.

I would easily trust an extremely religious person who respects my freedom, over an atheist who wants to control me through their subjective morals and reactionary politics.

Truth is overrated, none of us will ever know what truth is, and even if we know, humans are too emotional and irrational by nature. Whats more important is being good human beings that respect others freeodm, and having enough awareness that our beliefs are subjective.

Im not overly religious but im not an atheist, i wanna believe in life after death because it makes me feel better about things. but if Britney wants to be an atheist, thats her choice. its sad because she used to always say in the early years she believed in god and prayed. but if she says she doesnt believe in anything anymore, thats her choice and who are we to judge her?? shes been through a lot of **** in her life and still is, so shes allowed to not believe  if she doesnt want to.   

The same people frothing at the mouth to trample over my rights as a human every waking day of my life? I think they can stand a little ribbing tbh.:mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

I think it’s hilarious that the same group of people who marginalize and degrade pretty much everyone outside of that group are looking to those same people for compassion. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, thousand oaks said:

I see a lot of people praising her for becoming atheist, and that seems really stupid to me. I absolutely do not criticize her for her choices, she is free to believe or not believe what she wants, but I find it ugly that so many people praise her as if believing in God is wrong and bigoted, while becoming an atheist is cool

Praising her does not mean believing in God is wrong. You can’t claim to not criticize her choice but then criticize those who praise her choice. Like many ultra religious people, you are a hypocrite. 

if you believe great. If you don’t great. Everyone has the freedom to believe what they want or not believe at all. And people can praise whatever those beliefs are without being criticized.