Trying to find an artist/song/music video

Nn maybe this isn't the right place to ask but we Exhalers love music right?

I saw this tweet a while ago and just remembered it as it resurfaced again and it's driving me crazy as to what the second music video is? (I know the first is Play's Us Against the World) The whole point of the tweet is that in both videos and in the photos, there are women wearing the same style jeans with the checkered pattern. 

The song sounds like its from very late 90s-early 2000s (I wanna say anywhere between 1999-2002), looks like a 3 or 4 piece girl group (I assume due to the prominence of the girls in the front), group could be from anywhere in the world although the video is giving me American vibes. The song sounds like a bop from the split 2 seconds that play in that tweet. Lyrics sound like "yeahhhhh, I remember". 

I swear I spent all night last night and this morning trying to find out who this could be but I don't know. I know my fare share of girl groups from the time period but I can't think of any that I think could be the possible group in this video. If anyone knows I'd appreciate it!

40 minutes ago, Isla said:

Nn maybe this isn't the right place to ask but we Exhalers love music right?

I saw this tweet a while ago and just remembered it as it resurfaced again and it's driving me crazy as to what the second music video is? (I know the first is Play's Us Against the World) The whole point of the tweet is that in both videos and in the photos, there are women wearing the same style jeans with the checkered pattern. 

The song sounds like its from very late 90s-early 2000s (I wanna say anywhere between 1999-2002), looks like a 3 or 4 piece girl group (I assume due to the prominence of the girls in the front), group could be from anywhere in the world although the video is giving me American vibes. The song sounds like a bop from the split 2 seconds that play in that tweet. Lyrics sound like "yeahhhhh, I remember". 

I swear I spent all night last night and this morning trying to find out who this could be but I don't know. I know my fare share of girl groups from the time period but I can't think of any that I think could be the possible group in this video. If anyone knows I'd appreciate it!

Found it! It’s Debelah Morgan - I Remember

The dancing is more toward the end of the music video. I’ve never seen or heard the song. And based off that little clip it did seems like a girl group, but when the checkered pants girls goes to the left, it’s now three women up front but for some reason the one on the right didn’t seem to stand out, so I thought maybe this is a solo girl and those are all her dancers. Obviously the one in yellow would then be the star. I searched a few singers from that era and finally found it. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, MikeHunt said:

Found it! It’s Debelah Morgan - I Remember

The dancing is more toward the end of the music video. I’ve never seen or heard the song. And based off that little clip it did seems like a girl group, but when the checkered pants girls goes to the left, it’s now three women up front but for some reason the one on the right didn’t seem to stand out, so I thought maybe this is a solo girl and those are all her dancers. Obviously the one in yellow would then be the star. I searched a few singers from that era and finally found it. 

OMG that was so quick! Thank you :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad: I did have a feeling it may possibly have been a solo artist but the four girls made me think it was a group nn

• Like 1
1 minute ago, trip to my touch said:

not even the word girl group lol

Well they weren’t huge. If you were into teen pop and the Disney channel, then you’d hear of them. Towards the end of their music career they finally made it on to TRL but the lead singer always intended to leave the group to go to college, and the group didn’t make it after she left. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
19 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

Well they weren’t huge. If you were into teen pop and the Disney channel, then you’d hear of them. Towards the end of their music career they finally made it on to TRL but the lead singer always intended to leave the group to go to college, and the group didn’t make it after she left. 

only thing i watched on disneychannel were shows like - gummybears, chip and chap, darkwing duck, ducktales, balu and goofy and max

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2024 at 2:03 AM, MikeHunt said:

Jojo made harmonies like them in her debut album.

• Haha 1

Now who’s gonna help me find a music video that I’ve been looking for for years? It’s from around 2002, I can’t remember the song, I don’t know the artist, all I remember is the music video. It was all about fingers that had faces painted on them and they were doing things, I remember one scene where two fingers were getting it on. I’ve tried every possible search on google and I’ve looked in all playlists on YouTube but I couldn’t find it. Does anyone remember such thing?

On 5/21/2024 at 5:03 PM, MikeHunt said:

I grew up with Disney Channel music videos and TRL but I’ve never heard the first two songs :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

• Haha 1
On 6/1/2024 at 4:59 AM, Wendy Williams said:

She sounds like mariah (whistles) + Aaliyah (deep mature vocals).

I thought she sounded like Mariah a bit too! Cannot stop listening to this song now I’ve found it

• Love 1
On 6/1/2024 at 8:14 AM, Unbroken said:

Now who’s gonna help me find a music video that I’ve been looking for for years? It’s from around 2002, I can’t remember the song, I don’t know the artist, all I remember is the music video. It was all about fingers that had faces painted on them and they were doing things, I remember one scene where two fingers were getting it on. I’ve tried every possible search on google and I’ve looked in all playlists on YouTube but I couldn’t find it. Does anyone remember such thing?

I wish I could know ddd but haven’t got a clue what song this is sorry!

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block