Shawn Mendes cancels tour

I wish him the absolute best and I’m sure he’s aware that with his current chart positions this may have been his last arena selling tour.

He really is putting his mental health before his career, that’s actually very admirable. A lot of other celebs would have pushed through and risked their sanity. 

i think him choosing himself is good. Honestly we know that bussiness is really demanding. Like look on Britney she was traveling non stop, working her ***off from young age. It was taking toll on her so the only escape was getting married and having kids. And yet that didn't help  cause they were after her -putting her under cship. So now i think such a demanding job for a young person it really can cause traumas in future. People never thought about it earlier though and now everybody r about mental health. It is good sign ppl started caring about it but ofc it is hard to say whether it is something real or ppl just became really weak and needy.

On 7/8/2022 at 9:52 PM, Daniela.tomasseli said:

Update:

Earlier:

spacer.png

I might come off strong or “insensitive” because this is a mental health issue and that absolutely comes first. But with Shawn’s case.. he is been complaining about the same thing for YEARS! He whines about being away from friends and family… he is ALWAYS on vacation with friends and family like literally he is always traveling (not even work related) with friends and family. 

His tour got postponed SEVERAL times… for YEARS, finally started and plays a couple of shows and this grown man decides “oh it’s too soon, I miss my family and friends and my mental health isn’t good yet”… ITS HIS FREAKING JOB! i know mental health always comes first but this man has been complaining for YEARS and makes absolutely no sense, if you’re not professional enough to do you job just find another profession but stop playing the victim card and stop playing with your fans and their hard earned money just because you’re a little unprepared, unprofessional B.

sorry rant is over.. felt cute might delete later.

teresa jacqueline GIF by Lifetime Telly

I think it’s a little insensitive, yes! The money he spends comes mostly from his fans, but for something they already bought/enjoyed… I mean, if he decides to not go on tour again ever, isn’t it his choice? Like Britney’s choice to go in Hawaï every month and not give us new music/shows? 

Mental health is sneaky, hard to decipher, so if he says NO to Million$$$ by not not going on tour, it’s probably for a good reason, no matter what I think of him…

Awkward Britney Spears GIF
Sales must not be good he new music has failed to chart like his other work… I think out of respect of his fans (I can’t tell you one song) but he should really record a DVD of it. All singers if they want to cancel (unless like super sick or like extreme cases) be contracted to do one show filmed to create a DVD and streaming experience. Not only will it help pay off the debt he will now have to touring agency and promoters but the crew who work on it also can have some income. It’s not just him who puts the show on.. just a Random thought. It’s crazy Britney was legit trafficked and still did every show for piece of me expect like 1 or 2 when she hurt her ankle. Also dance under those hot *** lights with fevers. Unless he’s going to rehab this is just a way for him to hid his sales. 

I’ll just say the quiet part out loud: I wonder if lackluster ticket sales were a big reason for the cancellation and they are using his  mental health (which is also definitely a big factor) as a PR cover, no shade either way honestly, **** happens 

On 7/10/2022 at 2:59 PM, edamamebeans said:

exhalers being insensitive about mental health? color me shocked :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red:

Right... you'd think we'd be the most understanding considering what B has gone through. 

I understand burnout. I was a flight attendant for 4 years and the lifestyle of traveling all the time and being away from home and being up at all different hours of the night is very grueling and can lead you down a dark path.

I'm glad I stepped away when I did. Good for Shawn for recognizing and doing what's best for himself. 

And here I was lynched for not being understanding enough when in fact, I stated that he should do this and take the Meghan or Zayn route since he cannot fullfill his promises. Good for him taking his MH seriously, also I stand by my point that this is not fair towards fans and/or their parents. Taking your mental health seriously is a Sophie's choice in todays wordl, I guess 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block