Shawn Mendes cancels tour

11 hours ago, x.rox said:

Stop the immature name calling and attacks on people in the forum. THAT’S gross. People are allowed to not buy into excuses used by celebrities to avoid performing or the like. It comes with the territory of being a public figure. That’s the reality. Again, stop with the vicious assault on people in the forum just because they don’t share you’re views. Speaking of being “raised by dogs” as you put it to someone. The irony. The only people worthy of the kind of hate you’re spewing are MAGA Trumpers. 

I can see how me calling out people who are making jokes about him killing himself and his ***uality is a “vicious assault”  :madonna_weird_alien_cuckoo_nuts: 
You all talk as if you know for a fact he’s lying when you’re literally just pulling things out your ***. Get a grip on yourself and grow up.

7 hours ago, ElToxico said:

Like I said - go off with your tantrums. Maybe if you stop thinking taking 3 weeks off work because you’re stressed is normal then you’ll finally be able to afford to eat. :clownery_makeup_meme:

No ones having a tantrum but you babe, you’re unhinged at the prospect of people prioritizing their health over their job. It SHOULD normal, and would be if it wasn’t for people like yourself fighting against your own best interests.
I think it’s just weird how someone you’ve never met taking time off his job has upset you so much, enough that it has you raging against a whole generations work ethic. You look much, much older than he is, you should know better. 

• Like 1

Mental health is extremely important but I think this is going to hurt his career.  Record labels make the vast majority of their money through an artist touring since they cant really rely on album sales anymore.  If this is a constant pattern, it is going to be difficult for a record label to put money into his career if they cannot make money from him.  Hopefully he can deal with whatever is bothering him.  

37 minutes ago, Brat said:

Is he ok?  People are calling Madonna a man and she’s not bothered :kesha_sunglasses_pink_talking_telling:

She's also been used to being called a grandma since 1993 when she was 35.

Not many are made the industry and it's showing. 

Doja, others. Their not made for the backlash and thats because mental health was never discussed or acknowledged but shamed and shunned for. 

Including therapy, cos it made you look looney. 

Even Mariah Carey denied she was bipolar cos of the industry treatment and press. 

Hell past collaborators called her crazy and such saying it's a lie..

We were raised tomorrow is a different day, sweep it under the rug. 

Most of us are latch key generation, meaning our parents were never there, we raised ourselves on microwave food and when they were home, they couldn't be bothered to be with us. Turn on the tv, leave us alone. 

7 hours ago, kdub87 said:

No ones having a tantrum but you babe, you’re unhinged at the prospect of people prioritizing their health over their job. It SHOULD normal, and would be if it wasn’t for people like yourself fighting against your own best interests.
I think it’s just weird how someone you’ve never met taking time off his job has upset you so much, enough that it has you raging against a whole generations work ethic. You look much, much older than he is, you should know better. 

The Simpsons Bart GIF by MOODMAN

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
On 7/10/2022 at 2:41 PM, kdub87 said:

Cant believe how sh!tty some of yall are. Its disgusting, were y'all raised by dogs? For real your parents honestly failed you. These people are not here solely for your pleasure, they're people with feelings and needs like anyone else, and when they end up committing suicide you're all out here on your shi!tty little instagrams posting tributes and saying how sad and unecessary it is. No wonder society is the way it is now with you gutter people. 

I understand your sentiment and where you’re coming from. But at the end of the day none of this is our place to judge anyone. 
Only the person living with their “issues” can deal with them. Everyone walking on egg shells around these types of people make it worse and just make others feel increasingly worse. 

All you did was insult someone, while at the same time thinking you’re standing up for some sort of ideology? Yet you did it in a way that attacked versus educated. Clearly you don’t care at all about Mr. Mendes’ health or mental health issues in general based on how you responded. You just came in here to find exhalers to attack. Just because they go against what you “believe”. 

Let’s keep these matters civil. 

• Love 2
  • Like 3
On 7/10/2022 at 3:59 PM, ElToxico said:

I'm all for Mental Health until it becomes a scapegoat for everything. And I dont recall saying it was impressive: this is a clear example of snowflake behaviour....putting words in somebody else's mouth to feed their victim narrative.

You know Shawn? Crazy how you claim that he's using it as a scapegoat or that he has a victim narrative when you don't know him. Stan behavior. Not only is not impressing anyone it's quite pathetic but go off. I just imagine you laying your head down on your pillow at night proud of this. HA, hella embarrasing. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, mwilliams917 said:

You know Shawn? Crazy how you claim that he's using it as a scapegoat or that he has a victim narrative when you don't know him. Stan behavior. Not only is not impressing anyone it's quite pathetic but go off. I just imagine you laying your head down on your pillow at night proud of this. HA, hella embarrasing. 

Another snowflake......twisting my comments and putting words I have not said in my mouth - from where I am standing you are the embarrassing one calling names and acting like a child. go change your diaper please and come back when you learn how to argue like an adult.

• Like 3

dang that’s crazy. 

While i do agree that…It’s convenient that he just started this tour and how privileged he is to be able to simply “postpone” the tour like that despite having a lot of deals and such. However…

i do think he is struggling with the tour. He’s talked a lot about having mental health issues in the past and since he hasn’t performed on tour like that since pre COVID….I think it was just too much for him. 

while I understand where a lot of people are coming from on this thread, I think y’all’s attitude is a little uncalled. Especially calling him bratty and ungrateful and entitled like???? 

it’s very true that professionalism is an important thing and “sucking it up” is an admirable thing to do, but not everyone can survive like that for long. And let’s cut the normal jobs comparisons convo cuz we are talking about a major concert world tour which is very different  from your typical 9 to 5.

A world tour  multiple trips, constantly moving around. rehearsals, sound checks. A lot of pressure. And lots of performances and social interactions. For someone like Shawn who has talked a lot about having Anxiety in the past.. it makes sense he would feel this way. i don’t think he’s lying or using it as a crutch.

and also……I think if he did continue the tour. And started to look noticeable tried and anxious and was not singing well live and looking “bad”, y’all would all be saving “he shouldn’t have gone on tour he should’ve cancelled” etc etc. I mean I feel like there’s a ton of artists who’ve had downfalls and issues because of touring, hell Britney herself did NOT want to tour in 2018 and even before she revealed that, we as fans could all tell because it was very obvious by her behavior and performances that she was not having it. (and then the maria thing happened lol)

so if Britney had the power in 2018, to just be like “you know what no! fuc this tour im not doin this anymore” and postponed/canceled POM 2018? We all would have been supportive and haply that she was focusing on herself. and she had brand deals too, she would’ve probably gotten sued and she could’ve fought it but I digress 

and i know their two situations are very different but what if Britney had cited the same reason? For mental health reasons? then suddenly she gets away with it becasue she’s older and because the public has seen evidence that she’s had mental health issues??? 

i just think y’all should’ve have a *little* more empathy yeesh. yeah maybe it is too convenient but postponing a whole tour because tickets weren’t selling ? That’s kind of harsh. plus thats also kind of a dumb move to make and I doubt they’d do that cuz u lose more money by canceling dates instead of just performing shows even if the tickets aren’t really selling 

• Like 4
18 hours ago, ElToxico said:

Another snowflake......twisting my comments and putting words I have not said in my mouth - from where I am standing you are the embarrassing one calling names and acting like a child. go change your diaper please and come back when you learn how to argue like an adult.

so you don't actually have any substantive responses under than to call people with empathy snowflakes? 2016 called and they'd like their wannabe insults back. You can do better than that, surely... :frenchy_britney_u_sure_ff_femme_fatale_you_look:

Or maybe you can't lol

2 hours ago, mwilliams917 said:

so you don't actually have any substantive responses under than to call people with empathy snowflakes? 2016 called and they'd like their wannabe insults back. You can do better than that, surely... :frenchy_britney_u_sure_ff_femme_fatale_you_look:

Or maybe you can't lol

I have a bachelors and am almost done with my masters but I’m apparently a snowflake and a high school drop out :madonna_weird_alien_cuckoo_nuts:

Im embarrassed for even responding to the miserable trolls, I should know better! 

On 7/11/2022 at 5:14 PM, A.a.A said:

I understand your sentiment and where you’re coming from. But at the end of the day none of this is our place to judge anyone. 
Only the person living with their “issues” can deal with them. Everyone walking on egg shells around these types of people make it worse and just make others feel increasingly worse. 

All you did was insult someone, while at the same time thinking you’re standing up for some sort of ideology? Yet you did it in a way that attacked versus educated. Clearly you don’t care at all about Mr. Mendes’ health or mental health issues in general based on how you responded. You just came in here to find exhalers to attack. Just because they go against what you “believe”. 

Let’s keep these matters civil. 

You say it’s not our place to judge anyone yet ignore the people making fun of someone’s mental health, ***uality, and whether he will kill himself or not? Why would I care about the gutter people making those statements? I don’t see you calling those out..

Also, I’m sorry that you have to walk on eggshells around “these types of people”,  I can see how difficult it must be having to acknowledge that other people can struggle with mental health. Respecting someone’s right to take care of their health isn’t a “belief” either, it’s just being a decent human being. Try it some time.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, kdub87 said:

You say it’s not our place to judge anyone yet ignore the people making fun of someone’s mental health, ***uality, and whether he will kill himself or not? Why would I care about the gutter people making those statements? I don’t see you calling those out..

Also, I’m sorry that you have to walk on eggshells around “these types of people”,  I can see how difficult it must be having to acknowledge that other people can struggle with mental health. Respecting someone’s right to take care of their health isn’t a “belief” either, it’s just being a decent human being. Try it some time.

Every single person on this earth struggles with some sort of mental health issues. It’s our job to make them stronger not bow down to every whim. 
And you should practice what you preach. You said nothing positive, complimentary or even supportive. In no way we’re you “decent”?

You legit just came to virtue signal and put others down. We do not know this man, I don’t care if some people on the internet are saying “mean” things. It’s survival of the fittest, you won’t make it complaining all day. Get stronger or fall behind.

Just one man’s opinions. 

• Haha 1
  • Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block