Shawn Mendes cancels tour

He’s going to do himself in when the GP loses interest and he’s playing small venues. 

I agree with the sentiment that artists throwing the excuse of “mental health” around when they are avoiding touring is becoming a bit worn and people are starting to see this as a PR thing than genuine. 

You can only **** over your fan base so long before people fall off the band wagon. 

And some thought he was the next Justin Bieber. So wrong.

• Like 2
23 hours ago, mwilliams917 said:

Glad you understand how ridiculous you sound. You clearly don't know how mental health works and probably don't care to. You can love something and have it completely overwhelm you. The fact that you would type that out and think it's funny and think it's acceptable when people have died/unalived themselves from mental illness is ridiculous. He's another HUMAN BEING.  But yeah he should push through it, simply because he has fans and originally thought he was ready. You lack empathy and are seemingly proud of that. Gross. 

What a great post in representation of generation snowflake

• Haha 1
22 hours ago, AndyFoster said:

Double edged sword. He’s lucky to be in a position where he can put his mental health first.

The rest of us however would lose our jobs if we put our mental health first.

I’m not mad at him, I’m mad at the world for treating mental health so carelessly. 

This. I literally got fired the first day I came back after 4 months of having a burn out.

• Love 1

I get this mental health stuff, it's like nobody but you know what you are going through. Yet, I managed to do something with it so I would not break down every now and then and Mr. Mendes should do the same. It's his freaking job that earned him this financial freedom and stability. Again, I get he hasn't been touring for three years now due to corona and other s h i t, however, people pay their hardly earned money (or their parents') to see him live and this behaviour of his is disrespectful af. Do it like ZAYN or Meghan T; release music and don't do lives or write for other artists. Real fans will always find a way to your music. Anyway, I hope he won't end up in worse situation than he is in now :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

• Love 1
  • Like 2

I don't buy this mental health crap.. It all comes off very entitled and like he is a spoiled brat.  Let's be real.. he has not had a hit recently, his album has not sold, his tickets aren't selling.  Don't let these artists manipulate the reality.  Maybe his ego is devastated because his success isn't as strong as it used to be, maybe for that he needs a break..Isn't it so funny how no one has mental break downs when they re at the peak of success with #1 albums and singles.. hmmm.  They absolutely go on tour then..

• Love 1
  • Like 3

Cant believe how sh!tty some of yall are. Its disgusting, were y'all raised by dogs? For real your parents honestly failed you. These people are not here solely for your pleasure, they're people with feelings and needs like anyone else, and when they end up committing suicide you're all out here on your shi!tty little instagrams posting tributes and saying how sad and unecessary it is. No wonder society is the way it is now with you gutter people. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
18 hours ago, x.rox said:

He’s going to do himself in when the GP loses interest and he’s playing small venues. 

I agree with the sentiment that artists throwing the excuse of “mental health” around when they are avoiding touring is becoming a bit worn and people are starting to see this as a PR thing than genuine. 

You can only **** over your fan base so long before people fall off the band wagon. 

And some thought he was the next Justin Bieber. So wrong.

Are you for real?

What the **** is wrong with people Jesus Christ. 

Just now, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

I don’t blame him, it’s a hard gig, I’m sure. Think of how busy and exhausted Britney must have been, she was touring nearly non-stop for years!

They dont care, its just another opportunity to bash him and make jokes about him killing himself or being gay, yet they cant see why he withdraws from commitments. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Groundbreaking said:

I get this mental health stuff, it's like nobody but you know what you are going through. Yet, I managed to do something with it so I would not break down every now and then and Mr. Mendes should do the same. It's his freaking job that earned him this financial freedom and stability. Again, I get he hasn't been touring for three years now due to corona and other s h i t, however, people pay their hardly earned money (or their parents') to see him live and this behaviour of his is disrespectful af. Do it like ZAYN or Meghan T; release music and don't do lives or write for other artists. Real fans will always find a way to your music. Anyway, I hope he won't end up in worse situation than he is in now :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

You tour the world doing shows for thousands upon thousands of people? Have your personal life and ***ual orientation up for public discussion and ridicule? Until you do, maybe dont compare your mental health situation with his. Calling him "disrespectful af" for cancelling shows to take care of his health is so beyond entitled I dont know what to say. Do better.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block