Shawn Mendes cancels tour

On 7/15/2022 at 5:23 AM, kdub87 said:

I have a bachelors and am almost done with my masters but I’m apparently a snowflake and a high school drop out :madonna_weird_alien_cuckoo_nuts:

Im embarrassed for even responding to the miserable trolls, I should know better! 

I love how everyone that has an opinion different to yours is "a miserable troll"

You're going to have a very hard road ahead of you.....

• Love 2
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, ElToxico said:

I love how everyone that has an opinion different to yours is "a troll"

The second anyone starts throwing around their alleged education as a form of superiority they lose all credibility in the argument.

Pure Red Herring Fallacies.

• Haha 4
6 hours ago, Britney'sBish said:

The second anyone starts throwing around their alleged education as a form of superiority they lose all credibility in the argument.

Because these people actually don’t actually care about the issue. It’s all for virtue signalling and clout. If people cared in this thread they would speak positive and not negatively. These people are always victims, blaming the world, “the patriarchy” or “capitalism” for all the problems. 

I wish Shawn the best. But he’s hot, rich and an amazing singer. Let’s relax. 

• Like 3
8 hours ago, A.a.A said:

Because these people actually don’t actually care about the issue. It’s all for virtue signalling and clout. If people cared in this thread they would speak positive and not negatively. These people are always victims, blaming the world, “the patriarchy” or “capitalism” for all the problems. 

I wish Shawn the best. But he’s hot, rich and an amazing singer. Let’s relax. 

15 hours ago, Britney'sBish said:

23 hours ago, ElToxico said:

I love how everyone that has an opinion different to yours is "a troll"

I don’t really care to argue about it, it’s beneath me. I probably reacted too strongly given that a close friend of mines daughter took her own life not too long ago, so seeing people make jokes about Shawn killing himself and his ***uality etc. really pissed me off as it’s a sore point for me right now.

Hopefully you all find it within yourselves to be a little more compassionate and not call people struggling with their mental health ‘victims’ or ‘snowflakes’. Just because it’s on the internet and you can’t see the impact your words have doesn’t make them any less impactful to those reading them.

On 7/14/2022 at 12:37 PM, kdub87 said:

You say it’s not our place to judge anyone yet ignore the people making fun of someone’s mental health, ***uality, and whether he will kill himself or not? Why would I care about the gutter people making those statements? I don’t see you calling those out..

Also, I’m sorry that you have to walk on eggshells around “these types of people”,  I can see how difficult it must be having to acknowledge that other people can struggle with mental health. Respecting someone’s right to take care of their health isn’t a “belief” either, it’s just being a decent human being. Try it some time.

I haven’t read responses making fun of him but I haven’t been paying attention really… you attacked me and all I said was something along the lines with agreeing with the sentiment celebs, especially performers, need to be careful not to use mental health loosely to avoid their performing. Charlie XCX used this excuse to avoid going on her tour when she hit it with her singles; I can’t remember if it was arena or not, but she cancelled it if I recall correctly. And ever since I haven’t heard of her doing any arena shows or shows in general tbh (I could be wrong !). So my comment was really about him being careful in using that term “mental health” because it’s been used by others and doesn’t always work out favourably … whether that’s a problem with society remains to be seen. Maybe it is. But people do get frustrated and eventually move on right? Can’t fault them for  that. Granted, his stans will always support him. Anyways you have to be careful to go on the offensive on here with people. Also claiming you have a masters … one who is intelligent need not have to substantiate their intelligence with bringing receipts for their level of education. If one needs to do that it’s usually because they’ve not demonstrated to people they’re in fact of that calibre a person. Your responses should speak for themselves. And they just speak angry petulant child. So leverage your Master’s degree communication skills and act like it, with class. 

• Like 3
10 hours ago, kdub87 said:

I don’t really care to argue about it, it’s beneath me. I probably reacted too strongly given that a close friend of mines daughter took her own life not too long ago, so seeing people make jokes about Shawn killing himself and his ***uality etc. really pissed me off as it’s a sore point for me right now.

Hopefully you all find it within yourselves to be a little more compassionate and not call people struggling with their mental health ‘victims’ or ‘snowflakes’. Just because it’s on the internet and you can’t see the impact your words have doesn’t make them any less impactful to those reading them.

That’s more like it. I think that’s really fair and people can empathize with you and understand your position better. We should all be careful not to use too critical words when we don’t know the full story. I can get on board with that. I think that was in essence, your message. Was to try and be more thoughtful.

:-)

On 7/9/2022 at 5:19 PM, x.rox said:

He’s going to do himself in when the GP loses interest and he’s playing small venues. 

I’m sorry if you felt I attacked you, It was in response to this comment you made about Shawn killing himself when the GP loses interest, I just found it in poor taste.
None of us know for certain if he is using it as an excuse or not but I’m on the side of believing people when they say they’re struggling with their mental health. I’ve seen what can happen when you don’t. 
Also, me saying I’m studying for my masters was in response to being called a high school drop out, which I think is fair. Anyway, I’ve nothing more to add to the conversation other than I’ll try to react less hot-headed in the future, it’s just a sensitive subject. Just try to be mindful of what you say, and consider that you don’t know what’s going on in someone’s private life before judging from afar. It can be really damaging. 

5 minutes ago, kdub87 said:

I’m sorry if you felt I attacked you, It was in response to this comment you made about Shawn killing himself when the GP loses interest, I just found it in poor taste.
None of us know for certain if he is using it as an excuse or not but I’m on the side of believing people when they say they’re struggling with their mental health. I’ve seen what can happen when you don’t. 
Also, me saying I’m studying for my masters was in response to being called a high school drop out, which I think is fair. Anyway, I’ve nothing more to add to the conversation other than I’ll try to react less hot-headed in the future, it’s just a sensitive subject. Just try to be mindful of what you say, and consider that you don’t know what’s going on in someone’s private life before judging from afar. It can be really damaging. 

Idk why you keep on rambling, go touch some grass and stop taking celebrities that close to heart.

spacer.png

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, kdub87 said:

Also, me saying I’m studying for my masters was in response to being called a high school drop out, which I think is fair. Anyway, I’ve nothing more to add to the conversation. Just try to be mindful of what you say, and consider that you don’t know what’s going on in someone’s private life before judging from afar. It can be really damaging.

You would have had much more empathy and a stronger argument had you lead with that instead of coming in here guns blazing and hurling insults.

People can't read minds and can only know what you tell them.

I'm truly sorry for what you're going through, I've been there myself.

However, that doesn't justify the way you handled yourself in this thread either.

When you lash out the way you did you're going to get strong pushback and people treating you in kind. If you had lead with your story, you wouldn't have had all the clap backs.

Again I'm very sorry for your loss.

13 minutes ago, Britney'sBish said:

You would have had much more empathy and a stronger argument had you lead with that instead of coming in here guns blazing and hurling insults.

People can't read minds and can only know what you tell them.

I'm truly sorry for what you're going through, I've been there myself.

However, that doesn't justify the way you handled yourself in this thread either.

When you lash out the way you did you're going to get strong pushback and people treating you in kind. If you had lead with your story, you wouldn't have had all the clap backs.

Again I'm very sorry for your loss.

I get it, it’s just a sore spot, but the behavior I was responding to is also uncalled for. You’ve been through it so you know yourself how things like that can be triggering. Thanks for your condolences, my heart breaks for my friend and I don’t know how she’s coping, I know I couldn’t. We’ve just seen so many times the effect peoples words can have, I’m not expecting that Shawn Mendes is gonna come to a Britney forum to read crap about himself, but there may be one person who reads it and is affected by it and that’s what sucks. 

14 minutes ago, Daniela.tomasseli said:

Idk why you keep on rambling, go touch some grass and stop taking celebrities that close to heart.

spacer.png

“WHy ArE YoU TrEaTiNg CeLEbrItIeS LiKe ThEy’Re PeOple”

• Like 1
On 7/16/2022 at 9:30 AM, kdub87 said:

Killing himself????????? “Doing himself in” can be used in different contexts. I wasn’t inferring he’d kill himself omg what haha no! I meant do himself in as in his *career* !!! Like he’s going to harm his career. Glad I got a chance to clarify that lol. 

And great advice. Hug.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2022 at 6:00 AM, Stefani said:

It must be nice to simply be able to postpone your responsibilities without having to worry about any financial backlash. I wish I could leave my job for 3 weeks to take care of my health and not have to worry about missing out on 3 weeks' worth of paychecks. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

You said perfectly…not doubting they don’t work hard but um…we all work hard and multiple jobs and can’t even take a day for mental health let alone long spans of time

26 minutes ago, GimmeBritney320 said:

You said perfectly…not doubting they don’t work hard but um…we all work hard and multiple jobs and can’t even take a day for mental health let alone long spans of time

But that says more about our society than the individual. I'm sure if any of us had the luxury to take the time we needed to prioritize our mental health, we would take it, so I can't hate on him for doing so. He's also been heavily working since he was a kid, which is a lot of pressure to take on at such a young age. For all intents and purposes, he seems like a nice guy who appreciates his fans, so I can't wish him anything other than the best

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

I think people sometimes forget that depression and anxiety are chronic health conditions that can become debilitating when they flare up. Touring involves a lot of factors that can exacerbate both as well. Keeping consistent circadian rhythms are really important in returning to a stable state during a flare up, and touring the world involves fairly constant disruption to a persons daily sleep/wake cycle. I’m glad he’s doing what he needs to do for his health, I hope he gets back to a better place soon 💕 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block