Shawn Mendes cancels tour

He just became single, from probably hus first real relationship, and on top of that..

I saw the itinerary its split up, he can postpone until next year. 

Like he said he's been doing this since he was 15, he might be exhausted and just lonely, going on a hiatus, might help him 

Taking a couple of years off.

Don't care what Daniel Ek of spotify says, 3 to 4 years off might do him good. If they're really his fans, they will wait for him and be there when he gets back..

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

Good for him! More artists need to take a stance like this if they’re feeling the pressure. 

Just started June 27, i hate how artistd feel they have to tour to make money  

He is a songwriter; he can do what Meghan does, sell songs to give to other artists. 

I wonder if they can overhaul. 

I see alot of younger people cracking cos of the industry expects them to be like the artists of the past. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

@Jordan Miller

i just did research, Disney+ and Tommy Hilfiger sponsored this tour for concert special and documentary on the streaming end, and Tommy Hilfiger for their fashion line..

Forbes is now calling his team out saying they put shawn in an awkward position cos there will be lawsuits if he can't complete this tour, his team should have known the pressure they were adding and they're not gonna settle but want their whole money they gave him.

this should be a sign to stop doing these deals, putting pressure on young people and fear of lawsuits, if they can't do their end of the business deals. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2

I echo all these comments, health and yourself come first.
And I love me some Shawn. But..

I must say with all the sponsors and money put into the tour it makes me wonder if he was having trouble selling tickets. 

Lots of artists aren’t selling tickets like in they used too, so i get it.

The music world is changing.

Hope all is OK with him. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Daniela.tomasseli said:

spacer.png

I might come off strong or “insensitive” because this is a mental health issue and that absolutely comes first. But with Shawn’s case.. he is been complaining about the same thing for YEARS! He whines about being away from friends and family… he is ALWAYS on vacation with friends and family like literally he is always traveling (not even work related) with friends and family. 

His tour got postponed SEVERAL times… for YEARS, finally started and plays a couple of shows and this grown man decides “oh it’s too soon, I miss my family and friends and my mental health isn’t good yet”… ITS HIS FREAKING JOB! i know mental health always comes first but this man has been complaining for YEARS and makes absolutely no sense, if you’re not professional enough to do you job just find another profession but stop playing the victim card and stop playing with your fans and their hard earned money just because you’re a little unprepared, unprofessional B.

sorry rant is over.. felt cute might delete later.

teresa jacqueline GIF by Lifetime Telly

Glad you understand how ridiculous you sound. You clearly don't know how mental health works and probably don't care to. You can love something and have it completely overwhelm you. The fact that you would type that out and think it's funny and think it's acceptable when people have died/unalived themselves from mental illness is ridiculous. He's another HUMAN BEING.  But yeah he should push through it, simply because he has fans and originally thought he was ready. You lack empathy and are seemingly proud of that. Gross. 

• Like 3

His management should've known something was up before embarking on the tour. It's not "normal" to postpone three weeks of shows after playing like 5-6 shows on your brand new tour. Mental health is so important, but I do agree with the people saying: "Girl, it's your job, suck it up" to some extend. 

Looking at his tour schedule it does look overwhelming tough, it's almost 4 months of non-stop touring. They should have scheduled more breaks in between tbh. 

• Like 3
7 hours ago, mwilliams917 said:

Glad you understand how ridiculous you sound. You clearly don't know how mental health works and probably don't care to. You can love something and have it completely overwhelm you. The fact that you would type that out and think it's funny and think it's acceptable when people have died/unalived themselves from mental illness is ridiculous. He's another HUMAN BEING.  But yeah he should push through it, simply because he has fans and originally thought he was ready. You lack empathy and are seemingly proud of that. Gross. 

I’m sorry I don’t have empathy towards cynical unprofessionalism. 
ITS HIS JOB! He complains about touring.. he hasn’t toured in over 3 years! He gets to to his job for 1 week and he cracks down (allegedly because honestly mental health excuses are being thrown around by PR teams in disgusting cheap ways lately). He needs to stop making commitments if he isn’t professional enough to pull them off.

happy real housewives of atlanta GIF by TV One

• Love 2
  • Like 6
47 minutes ago, Daniela.tomasseli said:

I’m sorry I don’t have empathy towards cynical unprofessionalism. 
ITS HIS JOB! He complains about touring.. he hasn’t toured in over 3 years! He gets to to his job for 1 week and he cracks down (allegedly because honestly mental health excuses are being thrown around by PR teams in disgusting cheap ways lately). He needs to stop making commitments if he isn’t professional enough to pull them off.

happy real housewives of atlanta GIF by TV One

People like you and me are leaving our jobs cos we don't get personal time off.

My friend regrets saying she's available to cover, they take full advantage every time she answers the phone.

She might be in a Relationship, but like she said since she's not a mom, they call her first since they act like she has no life. 

• Haha 1

I blame his team 💯 

They should have made deals for him based on his mental health NOW versus trying to schedule him as if he was 17 again and a newbie. He’s obviously in a vulnerable place and the pressure is definitely intense.

Not sure if I care enough to feel bad for him tho :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block