Britney fans need to accept that she’s done with music and owes us absolutely nothing

51 minutes ago, Britney4Evur said:

Agreed. Wanting new music, new material or a new “era” of artistry from her is not a bad thing at all. If not for fans wanting to consume her artistry, she’d have no empire. She’d be a no one without consumerism. She would have no millions to kick back and relax and take a break from working like everyone else must do on a daily basis. I personally don’t think a singing career really is as exhausting as other careers. You write. You sing. You record. Producers do heavy lifting making some tracks. I hate to minimize the amount of work an artist does but they aren’t performing surgeries on patients on a daily basis like let’s have a reality check. She does owe her new found freedom to her fans who advocated for her. She does indeed owe her empire of millions and millions of dollars to her fans and consumers. To not be willing to indulge her fans whom worked so hard for her in so many ways to help her would be disrespectful to the fans to be honest and kind of a slap in the face. It would be a gesture of good will and a thank you. A farewell album would be a thoughtful gesture to the fan base and people across the globe who bought into her brand and supported her throughout her career and through supporting her during her battle with the conservatorship. I think the OP serves as divisive rhetoric that is not helpful to anyone. For a celebrity who made their career, their fortune, their freedom on the backs of willing consumers to walk away immediately wouldn’t be a kind or thoughtful thing to do. No matter who it was. She can do that and that’s her right but it wouldn’t make it any less rude for lack of a better word. 

She must distinguish between punishing the industry and punishing indirectly the people who stuck by her through it all. Punishing the latter just doesn’t seem right. 

Either way I wish her the best. The OP fails to address the fact she has teased a new era with the Get Na*ed song and dance routine she posted with the caption “what’s to come” and that she’s explicitly mentioned a “break” not a permanent hiatus. So this thread is merely click bait really to stir things up. Imo. With all due respect to the author. 

And to add to your post, if you don’t mind. By her not sharing her creativity , it shows her father and everyone who screwed her over that she lost her career because of them and most importantly her creativity. They would be shaking if Britney released a “you don’t own me” song. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, Yasux34 said:

re title this " britney fans need to accept she owes us nothing"

Thank you. 

This!!

for me a remix album or bsides album don't got any motion or sense without promo , performing or touring! lets be her FREE! To decide

so don't desperate! remember  before the conservatorship she was already planifying the blackout performances with sam lufti, So she loves performing! But ITS NOT the right moment! lets her heal and take the years she want!! 

• Love 3

Okay I’m very late to this thread, but here’s my thoughts:

Will I be sad if Britney never releases another album? Well yes, but I can understand if she is done with music. I’ve stopped expecting a new album from her for a while now. I think Britney will always have a passion for music and dance and maybe one day she might do something music-related if she feels up to it. But at this stage in her life, she has other priorities and that’s fine. She’s going to get married and is having a baby! As you said OP, she owes us nothing.

Honestly it’s best to say her music career is on indefinite hiatus. But who knows what will happen in the future. Maybe she will give us something music-wise somewhere down the line, maybe not. But if it happens, it happens and I’ll be happy. But I’m not expecting anything. 

Edited by Isla
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

I totally see where you are going but I’m so not ready to think of her NOT releasing new music anymore!!! Britney has been there for me since I am 15 (and I’m 38…) so it’s hard to think of my icon not releasing anything while she’s alive. She’s always been a hard worker and everything she released was ear worm so it doesn’t make sense to me, even if I know I must accept it. I always expected a comeback, a new song or something from her and I know it can give her pressure to deliver, but I’m being honest. Nobody in the last 25 years made me feel like she did… so please, Britney, embrace yourself and your talent and let the world knows, again, what you are made of! ❤️

• Love 4
11 hours ago, 3IsACharm33 said:

And to add she had A lot of great energetic pom performances during 2014-16

Her energy around those years was great. I just wish she got rid if the armography, idk where she got that from or who taught her that thing. I feel like she found it cool but as she was constantly medicated, that's something she found easy to do that didnt requiere too much moving, just a theory. 

• Like 1

Agree 100%. She even said in FTR that if she could choose, she would not be working but spending time with her kids (or something like that) so i'm sure this time she will focus on her family and raising the new baby. And I'm really happy for if that's what she decides to do, i think that's what she needs right now.

But i do think she will release at least something in a few years. If, for the firstime in her career, they give her the freedom to do whatever she wants, she may release something someday. The problem is that she already said Jamie and co. ruined the industry for her so I think she needs time to "rediscover" the business and that might take a while and I do hope her record company (and team!) gives her the creative freedom she deserves.

• Love 3
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Norge Santana said:

She own us everything, she is rich and live in a mansion thanks to our money.

Only us can cancel her, not her cancelling us.

She won’t be rich if she never works again though. She could make money from some of her biggest hits, but we all know she didn’t write most of them, so she wouldn’t be getting a lot of money for them. So at some point, she will have to release music or perform again. 

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, britney_rocks said:

She won’t be rich if she never works again though. She could make money from some of her biggest hits, but we all know she didn’t write most of them, so she wouldn’t be getting a lot of money for them. So at some point, she will have to release music or perform again. 

Do you not understand how money works??? She probably lives off of the interest that her FORTUNE makes every day just for sitting in the bank. She’s no longer paying ridiculous amounts for her conservatorship fees. She will also soon no longer be paying KFed child support and it will probably be lowered now that she isn’t working and is “retiring”. She still makes money from her perfumes, which are to date one of the most recognized and popular celebrity perfumes STILL after all of these years. She could make a post on her Facebook/Instagram/TikTok for a company/product and charge a fortune just like the Kardashians and every other influencer on the Internet does… Welcome to 2022. She is set for life and can retire now and live EXTREMELY comfortably and in luxury. Stop worrying about her finances. It’s weird. 

• Like 1

I agree but to be totally honest as a fan it's hard to fully accept it, I'm not desperate and I don't make billion threads about new music but still I'm sad a little bit. It doesn't mean I want her to go back to work... People here are overreacting sometimes when it comes to this topic, it's obvious we want her to do whatever she wants. But let's be real, what fan wouldn't love some new music from their favorite artist? If she ever comes back to music I hope it will be only because of her passion to it.

• Love 1

I actually don’t think she’s completely done with music, I think for the foreseeable future she’s not interested in it but will eventually return to it at some point. We all know she easily gets bored.

In the meantime I think RCA/Britney should release a compilation of rare/unreleased songs, that way her contract will be fulfilled and if she in fact retires it’s a nice capper to her career. 

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block