Britney fans need to accept that she’s done with music and owes us absolutely nothing

Britney will never be done with music because she’s an artsy fartsy musical person. She’ll also always be a dancer, even if she’s 100 years old and in a wheelchair. 

Whether or not we’ll see another traditional album rollout ever again has less to do with her musical inclinations and way more to do with the state of the industry. Nobody (except Adele) even succeeds with albums anymore, they don’t make sense in the tiktok age. If her label understands this then we’ll get new music. If they insist on making her do hokey old school promo that she doesn’t wanna do then it’ll never happen. The only certainty we have is that the days of her being onstage against her will are over, thankfully. 

• Love 5

Can we stop with these stupid posts?  That's both rude and arrogant to assume she's done with her music career, when it's a known fact that she loves performing and loves recording music.

The ONLY thing she's done with is doing music UNDER A C-SHIP and WITH HER FATHER IN CONTROL.

It might be a while before we get new music, but to assume she's done is flat out nonsense. She doesn't need to tell you or any of us anything on what she's doing until she wants to.

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Tbh i def want her to be happy and live her life. That's all i want to see from her : happiness. I'm ngl I'd still want an album or something but if she doesn't feel like it, that's totally fine, i'll support her no matter what :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing: Performing idc about, I think she needs a huge break from that after being forced to perform for 10 years. The only thing I want is to hear her voice wether it's on IG or a podcast, I really miss hearing her talk :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

As a stan, part of me would like her to do one last project, just to "prove" she never lost it to the critics, that had no restraints and was open and honest, but that is because I know I am going to miss her gifts when she does retire. 

I think we all need to realise it, because she's said it time and time again, her dream was ripped from her by her Father and Management. That chapter of her career makes up over half of her career now. Put yourself in her shoes, imagine if you became THE global standard of performance, and your ******* father managed to own your estate, your career, your every decision, stunted any professional relationship you could ever build etc. All before we even mentioning the vile abuse she faced. 

If Britney retired, as sad as it would be, she absolutely deserves to do it.

• Love 1

It's a very complex subject it's a very complex conversation because you think about everything that Britney has been through the last 13 years and then you know the fact that you know she literally was not even able to have children or different stuff like that you know and now that she's pregnant of course you know that's her focus is like you know building her family getting married to Sam and you know live in a normal life

• Love 1
2 hours ago, jennyj said:

Can we stop with these stupid posts?  That's both rude and arrogant to assume she's done with her music career, when it's a known fact that she loves performing and loves recording music.

The ONLY thing she's done with is doing music UNDER A C-SHIP and WITH HER FATHER IN CONTROL.

It might be a while before we get new music, but to assume she's done is flat out nonsense. She doesn't need to tell you or any of us anything on what she's doing until she wants to.

Nene Leakes GIF

• Haha 1

Time will tell whether she wants to get back into music or not. At this stage she has a highly negative perception of the entertainment business as a whole, not just the music business, and she has every right to.  

As someone else said, I don't think it's too much of a reach to believe she's writing songs or poems during this time to help her heal. I find it hard to believe she's simply just writing essays on instagram without actually channelling some of those thoughts into lyrics/poems. She is creative and I don't believe the conservatorship fully diminished that spark in her. Whether we actually see or hear any such creativity is another thing... if we do it'll likely be on instagram, and tbh, I'm okay with that. 

However, with all that being said, she is pregnant. I don't expect ANYTHING from her. I especially don't expect nor want a remix or rarities album that she hasn't approved or has no involvement in. 

Let me her be.

• Love 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block