Britney fans need to accept that she’s done with music and owes us absolutely nothing

3 minutes ago, BritneyLVR said:

Speculation is way different than EXPECTATION. Let’s not confuse the two!

Understood. Again, she won't have to start from scratch like a new artist. Good manners do exist and a thank you gesture would be welcomed by said fanbase. She's a wealthy, talented individual who became world-famous because of such...this is not some LARGE undertaking to suggest of her.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, MikeMasi said:

Unfortunately with this fan base, you can’t agree to disagree. If you’re not happy about that she’s no longer making music, you’re considered not a real fan and selfish. It’s ridiculous 

No, everyone can feel and think whatever way they want. Everyone’s entitled to their opinion. With that being said, putting any sort of expectations or pressure on her to release music or do anything for that matter however is selfish when she’s made it very clear that she wants to focus on herself and her own life. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, BritneyLVR said:

No, everyone can feel and think whatever way they want. Everyone’s entitled to their opinion. With that being said, putting any sort of expectations or pressure on her to release music or do anything for that matter however is selfish. 

Respectfully, I am a consumer of her art. Thus, this is what appeals to me, most. Additionally, the periods between Britney to ITZ, Blackout, Circus, Femme Fatale, Britney Jean, Glory felt excoriatingly slow and dragged out and that's when she WAS working. Being a Britney fan within the last 15-20 years is not as rewarding as folks make it out to be as the alternative artists carve out dignified careers while we hope and pray for additional singles and videos...

the reason posts like these get under my skin is because respectfully ya'll speak on Britney's offering of music as if you were speaking of a different, more consistent, more generous artist and were part of a different fanbase. Facts are facts and she's dragged her feet for years.

Of course we prefer she offer things NOW because it would come more authentically from HER and not a conservatorship or a disingenuous team. If she can post Instagram's and questionable photos she can channel the same energy into new material for a very VERY patient, compassionate fanbase.

Please stop defending the lack of material we receive as supporters...please...it's as if she's paying your rent.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, 517113 said:

Respectfully, I am a consumer of her art. Thus, this is what appeals to me, most. Additionally, the periods between Britney to ITZ, Blackout, Circus, Femme Fatale, Britney Jean, Glory felt excoriatingly slow and dragged out and that's when she WAS working. Being a Britney fan within the last 15-20 years is not as rewarding as folks make it out to be as the alternative artists carve out dignified careers while we hope and pray for additional singles and videos...

the reason posts like these get under my skin is because respectfully ya'll speak on Britney's offering of music as if you were speaking of a different, more consistent, more generous artist and were part of a different fanbase. Facts are facts and she's dragged her feet for years.

Of course we prefer she offer things NOW because it would come more authentically from HER and not a conservatorship or a disingenuous team. If she can post Instagram's and ***** she can channel the same energy into new material for a very VERY patient, compassionate fanbase.

Please stop defending the lack of material we receive as supporters...please...it's as if she's paying your rent.

Respectfully, it was your decision to be a fan. She owes you literally nothing and she’s happy now. 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, 517113 said:

Of course we prefer she offer things NOW because it would come more authentically from HER and not a conservatorship or a disingenuous team. If she can post Instagram's and ***** she can channel the same energy into new material for a very VERY patient, compassionate fanbase.

Thank you! So we’ll said! 🙏

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, BritneyLVR said:

Respectfully, it was your decision to be a fan. She owes you literally nothing and she’s happy now. 

Wanting new music or her to be involved in her career is not bad. There is a difference between wanting and making someone do something. We can stop the whole “she doesn’t owe you anything.” 

This is me saying Britney should make a video and talk to her fans and make an official announcement on what she really is doing. That’s not asking for much. At the end of the day, she can chose to do what she wants but requesting that from her should not make me wrong 

• Love 2
Just now, MikeMasi said:

Wanting new music or her to be involved in her career is not bad. There is a difference between wanting and making someone do something. We can stop the whole “she doesn’t owe you anything.” 

This is me saying Britney should make a video and talk to her fans and make an official announcement on what she really is doing. That’s not asking for much. At the end of the day, she can chose to do what she wants but requesting that from her should not make me wrong 

We will just have to wait and see! :tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus:

• Like 1
1 minute ago, BritneyLVR said:

...but are you?

Britney is not Aaliyah, she is not Whitney, or Michael...

those fanbases have a reason to be satisfied with what already exists...

their artist is deceased.

Do you understand where I'm coming from?

There is opportunity, here, to improve upon a tarnished legacy.

If the breakdown hadn't happened, she'd likely be known as a lip-syncing barbie with a semi-admirable two-step.

Janet and Madonna took true artistic risk.

Every accolade post-breakdown has likely been provided out of pity for a human being and not out of artistic merit. The ONLY redeemable album to speak of has been blackout.  She's a singles artist. She lacks the artistic credibility to walk away, now. She's a fad from 20 years ago. Little to no re-invention: Blonde, dance, lip-sync...repeat. 

Is that really how you would want to leave things as a fanbase?

I love her...

but I will not lie to her.

• Love 1
Just now, 517113 said:

...but are you?

Britney is not Aaliyah, she is not Whitney, or Michael...

those fanbases have a reason to be satisfied with what already exists...

their artist is deceased.

Do you understand where I'm coming from?

There is opportunity, here, to improve upon a tarnished legacy.

If the breakdown hadn't happened, she'd likely be known as a lip-syncing barbie with a semi-admirable two-step.

Janet and Madonna took true artistic risk.

Every accolade post-breakdown has likely been provided out of pity for a human being and not out of artistic merit. The ONLY redeemable album to speak of has been blackout.  She's a singles artist. She lacks the artistic credibility to walk away, now. She's a fad from 20 years ago. Little to no re-invention: Blonde, dance, lip-sync...repeat. 

Is that really how you would want to leave things as a fanbase?

I love her...

but I will not lie to her.

Smile GIF by MOODMAN

• Love 1
  • Haha 4
3 minutes ago, BritneyLVR said:

Smile GIF by MOODMAN

I will not treat this formidable, capable individual as if she were made of glass and too incompetent to improve upon her artistic legacy. As a fan base we have been expected to applaud for table scraps, wear rose-colored glasses, and tear down artists who have essentially pushed greater boundaries within the musical landscape. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, 517113 said:

I will not treat this formidable, capable individual as if she were made of glass and too incompetent to improve upon her artistic legacy. As a fan base we have been expected to applaud for table scraps, wear rose-colored glasses, and tear down artists who have essentially pushed greater boundaries within the musical landscape. 

Okay! I respect your point of view and opinion :) 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
13 hours ago, Million Billion said:

I have an issue with this type of statements and I will explain it. 

One day (like a year ago lol) I was watching some odd recordings from fans of her tours during her prime. Tbh, it looked good, I wont lie but it wasnt THAT good or at least it wasnt as impactful as the dvd versions or the tv broadcasted versions were.

The thing is, we tend to idealize her prime performing skills and yes she was indeed fierce on stage but I feel like we have in mind that the whole Dream Within A Dream Tour (for instance) was exactly as it was on the Vegas night, and ofc no, it wasnt. 

With the internet, we are now able to follow an entire tour leg and spot every detail, every costume change, every singing note, every setlist change, etc. Now, with YouTube, we look every detail and the moment something doesnt match with what we have in mind or doesnt reach our expectations, it ends up being 'not that good' or 'is good but it could be better'. We werent able to do that in 2001.

If she ever comes back to perform, I dont expect the Britney from 2004 but I do expect her fierce side which was silenced during these last 14 years. It would be interesting to see what she has to offer now that she has no limitations of any kind. 

Once again, if she decides to do so. :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

And to add she had A lot of great energetic pom performances during 2014-16

• Love 1
1 minute ago, BritneyLVR said:

I’m on your side here :weirdmeout_umm_ok_what_weirded_britney: I’d love new Britney music and will always support her hair like you! I just want her to be happy. 

...and I'm on yours @BritneyLVR

...and your Cinderella profile photo makes me smile. I simply don't want to feel as though I'm attending Britney the artist's funeral when I truly believe she has so much more to offer our world as music lovers.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block