Britney fans need to accept that she’s done with music and owes us absolutely nothing

8 minutes ago, One More Time said:

After being pregnant at 40? Girl. She could slay with stage presence, good music and visuals. 

I think she could slay a dance routine for one of her songs but not the whole show like she did in her 20s

But I think Britney isn’t really thinking about it, she is exploring other sources of income. 

Maybe she becomes bigger than music just like Rihanna did 

Why not? It’s not like she’s disabled or anything.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, BritneyLVR said:

Being trafficked for 13 years not to mention giving her all since 1998 definitely warrants her retirement. She can afford it and owes us absolutely nothing. 

It’s still depressing, for an artist to retire. I imagine she has a playful and creative soul, i hope she capitalize it in something that fulfills her 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
  • Content Curators

The day Britney got freed was the day she was freed from being the pop star, I believe that’s how she sees it. That court arrangement was all one big messed up contract she never consented to. Bowing out on Glory-ious note isn’t all bad. The desert/breaking from the chains imagery is prothetic, symbolic and it’s a great record now than it was in 2016. I’ll be very surprised if she does an 07 one day and puts out music on the side. I’m thrilled for her being American’s next best “Christian” author and being a new momma. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1

I don't think many assimilate the level of trauma she seems to associate with the whole structure of the business. She clearly gets annoyed even thibking of hair and makeup, which for many, would be whatever. If her absence of the Oscars doesn't scream "I don't give two flying fxks" I don't know what would. I am pretty sure, if it weren't for her two kids, she would move to Hawaii. Clearly, she loves it there.

Having said that, nobody knows. I bet some here don't have a clue what will they be doing in six months, let alone 3 years. That whole idea of planning so much is such an illusion. I think she doesn't truly know and clearly, it won't be her priority for now, which is great.

I think, eventually, she will find other outlets. I see her more in a Kelly Clarkson type thing. I doubt she would like toto go back to incessant traveling by touring or stuff like that. Who knows.  

• Love 4

People won’t accept it because they are deluded even those ridiculous tea accounts that fans post on here believing makes me laugh she hasn’t been in a studio and they still believe she’s coming even after she announced she’s pregnant. I hope she’s done for a while anyway because most fans don’t deserve **** from her some of them were talking about new music before the conservatorship even ended which shows their true colors. I’ll miss her music but I’m so happy she’s doing what she wants and if that means quitting then so be it she was forced long enough to record music she could care less about it’s her time to take time for herself and focus on her family :) 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Ryan Robles said:

As long as whatever she puts out is better than Glory, I'll be a satisfied stan. She deserves to go out in a glitz of glamour, with a proper send-off project.. Let everyone know, she's Britney, ******. Try as they might. There won't ever be another Britney Spears.

:oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

• Like 1

Give her some time people! Seriously, i wanted her to be free! Not to be our music-slave! 

The next record (maybe in 10 years) will be great! 

I wish her all the best in the world! And i know she will be a good mother. :) 

And to all the unsupportive people: Go away, thank you! :rihit_rihanna_annoyed_throw_walk_away_bye_irritated_mad:

• Love 5
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, One More Time said:

I think she could slay a dance routine for one of her songs but not the whole show like she did in her 20s

I have an issue with this type of statements and I will explain it. 

One day (like a year ago lol) I was watching some odd recordings from fans of her tours during her prime. Tbh, it looked good, I wont lie but it wasnt THAT good or at least it wasnt as impactful as the dvd versions or the tv broadcasted versions were.

The thing is, we tend to idealize her prime performing skills and yes she was indeed fierce on stage but I feel like we have in mind that the whole Dream Within A Dream Tour (for instance) was exactly as it was on the Vegas night, and ofc no, it wasnt. 

With the internet, we are now able to follow an entire tour leg and spot every detail, every costume change, every singing note, every setlist change, etc. Now, with YouTube, we look every detail and the moment something doesnt match with what we have in mind or doesnt reach our expectations, it ends up being 'not that good' or 'is good but it could be better'. We werent able to do that in 2001.

If she ever comes back to perform, I dont expect the Britney from 2004 but I do expect her fierce side which was silenced during these last 14 years. It would be interesting to see what she has to offer now that she has no limitations of any kind. 

Once again, if she decides to do so. :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

• Love 9

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block