Nominate an Exhaler to join our Moderator team

Message added by Jordan Miller,

Please keep this topic positive and on topic or it will be locked. Thank you.

7 minutes ago, BritneyLVR said:

I noticed your new title :gimmemoar_britney_hat_more_gimme_giggle_haha_hehe_lol_2007_vmas_lmao:

4 minutes ago, BritneyLVR said:

And this ladies and gentleman is the exact type of dramatic and negative type of comments that Exhale is tired of. Your negative cloud is always above in every thread. Read the room :begone_tiffany_miss_ny_new_york_ms_door_there_leave_bye_goodbye:

Please keep posting, you just provide more receipts why you’re not suitable for the role. Also wasn’t you on the CC team for about 2 seconds before you were removed for being a troll :hahaha_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

• Haha 2
31 minutes ago, BritneyLVR said:

I also think that a moderator should be proud of their title but know that they are no better than someone on here who isn’t a mod. I think a lot of the times the issue is the “power trip” that you see happen and it creates a chaotic environment for others to want to be apart of. 

I agree with this :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

But they should also be conscious that there are more things to take into consideration than just having fun and letting everyone do what they please, and whoever becomes mod will see it right away when they start dealing with all the daily reports and messages, when they find themselves in the middle of an argument of users with two opposite opinions, when they have to deal with troublemakers that do the same thing over and over and never learn no matter how many warning points they get and realize they have to start preventing things to happen before they happen, and then somehow find the right balance between not losing control as you mention and actually moderate this site as it's required. 

That without mentioning the constant criticism they will receive for every action they do or don't do. If they moderate too much or if they moderate too little, from outsiders and from within the own group of moderators itself.

But also, as users, we need to understand the moderators are dedicating time of their own to do this job, they're not getting paid. This place needs boundaries like any other site, and someone needs to make everyone respect them. So if we receive a warning, we don't have to start a tantrum or revenge and whine about it as if it was the end of the world. We can always discuss it with them, privately, and try to understand the reasoning behind it and maybe be more openminded and understand that maybe we DID something wrong, so let's just try not to repeat it, or if we still don't agree, just accept that certain behaviors are not tolerated here, or if we find it so unbearable, then just leave the place. The warning points usually expire quickly and don't have any consequences unless you get several of them, which isn't worse than getting prevented from posting for a few days. 

As users we need to remember that we're not in 2007 anymore, nor this is 4chan or whatever, there's people seeing this place, what we do, and what the mods or Jordan allow to be posted in here has consequences, sometimes even legal consequences for Jordan, so let's try to support the ones that are trying to keep the order in here and drop that attitude a lot of people have, especially reignited by the freebritney movement, of being against any form of authority, even if it's something as innocuous as an online forum mod. 

• Love 6
  • Like 2
Just now, Slayer said:

Please keep posting, you just provide more receipts why you’re not suitable for the role. Also wasn’t you on the CC team for about 2 seconds before you were removed for being a troll :hahaha_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

Only because you all were so upset by it :queenie_falling_dying_dead: but yes, I was offered a position on the team :imacoolmom_mean_girls_amy_poehler_pink:

1 hour ago, Slayer said:

Thanks for the nomination! At the current moment I would respectfully decline a mod position because I’m working a full time job as a chemistry teacher plus working on my graduate degree full time so I wouldn’t be able to put the time and effort into it as I would like to if given that opportunity. 

That content creator position @PokemonSpearsmentioned (but isn’t currently being looked for) may be something I could help out with though. 😁 

I love this place and trust that whomever the new mod choice is will do an amazing job keeping the community positive 💖

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I agree with this :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

But they should also be conscious that there are more things to take into consideration than just having fun and letting everyone do what they please, and whoever becomes mod will see it right away when they start dealing with all the daily reports and messages, when they find themselves in the middle of an argument of users with two opposite opinions, when they have to deal with troublemakers that do the same thing over and over and never learn no matter how many warning points they get and realize they have to start preventing things to happen before they happen, and then somehow find the right balance between not losing control as you mention and actually moderate this site as it's required. 

That without mentioning the constant criticism they will receive for every action they do or don't do. If they moderate too much or if they moderate too little, from outsiders and from within the own group of moderators itself.

But also, as users, we need to understand the moderators are dedicating time of their own to do this job, they're not getting paid. This place needs boundaries like any other site, and someone needs to make everyone respect them. So if we receive a warning, we don't have to start a tantrum or revenge and whine about it as if it was the end of the world. We can always discuss it with them, privately, and try to understand the reasoning behind it and maybe be more openminded and understand that maybe we DID something wrong, so let's just try not to repeat it, or if we still don't agree, just accept that certain behaviors are not tolerated here, or if we find it so unbearable, then just leave the place. The warning points usually expire quickly and don't have any consequences unless you get several of them, which isn't worse than getting prevented from posting for a few days. 

As users we need to remember that we're not in 2007 anymore, nor this is 4chan or whatever, there's people seeing this place, what we do, and what the mods or Jordan allow to be posted in here has consequences, sometimes even legal consequences for Jordan, so let's try to support the ones that are trying to keep the order in here and drop that attitude a lot of people have, especially reignited by the freebritney movement, of being against any form of authority, even if it's something as innocuous as an online forum mod. 

I agree with you Pokemon. You’re a great moderator :) 

4 minutes ago, Slayer said:

And you provide receipts as to why you're no longer in yours. :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh:

You've proven time and time again that you take a dislike to people who have a differing opinion to you when it comes to Sam Asghari. And once they're on your list, that's it. 

FINALLY people can voice a different opinion from you, while being respectful I may add, and not worry about receiving warning points from you. 

I'll likely be banned from this thread but so be it. 

:mcwave_mariah_Carey_kiss_bye_goodbye_wave:

• Love 5
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, rennen2.0 said:

And you provide receipts as to why you're no longer in yours. :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh:

You've proven time and time again that you take a dislike to people who have a differing opinion to you when it comes to Sam Asghari. And once they're on your list, that's it. 

FINALLY people can voice a different opinion from you, while being respectful I may add, and not worry about receiving warning points from you. 

I'll likely be banned from this thread but so be it. 

:mcwave_mariah_Carey_kiss_bye_goodbye_wave: