Vocal Splicing in Shadow

IM JUST GOING TO SAY IT :janet_jackson_chewing_eating_food: 

This is a GREAT track, and the reason for why it might sound lazily arranged is because Britney herself is simply resinging what the Matrix laid out as an “I’m With You” Part 2. You will hear the similarities comparing these two tracks. the reason for why the Matrix didn’t stick as long as they could have was because they were selling everyone the same songs again and again. 

sing these lines to yourself:

I’m standing on the bridge I’m waiting in the dark 

—— I’m watching you disappear but you you were never here

im with yoiiuiuuuuuuuu

it’s only your shadow, never yourself 

They did the same thing with Complicated and So Yesterday

the production of shadow however, is far more aligned with in the zone. I don’t detect christy but I do think the producers picked Britney’s best takes and layered them into the leading vocal 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Rik said:

IM JUST GOING TO SAY IT :janet_jackson_chewing_eating_food: 

This is a GREAT track, and the reason for why it might sound lazily arranged is because Britney herself is simply resinging what the Matrix laid out as an “I’m With You” Part 2. You will hear the similarities comparing these two tracks. the reason for why the Matrix didn’t stick as long as they could have was because they were selling everyone the same songs again and again. 

sing these lines to yourself:

I’m standing on the bridge I’m waiting in the dark 

—— I’m watching you disappear but you you were never here

im with yoiiuiuuuuuuuu

it’s only your shadow, never yourself 

They did the same thing with Complicated and So Yesterday

the production of shadow however, is far more aligned with in the zone. I don’t detect christy but I do think the producers picked Britney’s best takes and layered them into the leading vocal 

:ohmygawd_britney_omg_shocked_wow_holy_crap_gasp_shocked_itz_in_the_zone_white: 

• Haha 1
22 minutes ago, dran said:

For some reason I have some memory of someone posting that Britney records each word at a time in all her songs, and then they combine everything.... I think Cyndi Lauper made a comment on it or something.... urg

Yes, I remember that! Cyndi Lauper worked with Max Martin on an album and he tried to get her to sing every syllable at a time “like he made poor Britney Spears” I think were her words

• Love 2

I don’t hear any actual proof.  Shadow could’ve been an incredible song had she sung it in a lower register (the chorus) - it’s not at all in her key.  Or maybe done it as a feature with another artist singing the “It’s only your shadow” part.  Britney sounds so forced and it isn’t pleasant.  Love the verses and pre-chorus tho.

55 minutes ago, JackSProductions said:

He literally does this, listen to Not A Girl vocal tracks. BOMT isn’t comped too much but Oops is literally 100 different takes. 

He does not. It would sound weird as ****. The takes are recorded atleast line by line. Words and syllables can however be comped together from different takes, which is what is going on here in 'Shadow'. There are videos of Britney recording NAGNYAW and Crazy where she sings the whole parts.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block