Vocal Splicing in Shadow

6 hours ago, floopy22 said:

He does not. It would sound weird as ****. The takes are recorded atleast line by line. Words and syllables can however be comped together from different takes, which is what is going on here in 'Shadow'. There are videos of Britney recording NAGNYAW and Crazy where she sings the whole parts.

Yeah sorry I meant line by line not the syllable although he does clip just syllables sometimes, I think I’ve even seen him admit that in an interview. I didn’t mean he records every syllable but instead makes the artist sing the track more than usual :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white: Britney literally had to run away from Max during the not a girl session because he made her sing it too much 

17 hours ago, JackSProductions said:

Yeah sorry I meant line by line not the syllable although he does clip just syllables sometimes, I think I’ve even seen him admit that in an interview. I didn’t mean he records every syllable but instead makes the artist sing the track more than usual :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white: Britney literally had to run away from Max during the not a girl session because he made her sing it too much 

True. He is/was very particular with getting it just right without resorting to autotune. There is actually very little autotune on her Max Martin tracks (prior to Femme Fatale).

23 hours ago, Isla said:

Robyn? But I didn’t think she was involved in this song. She has backing vocals on Piece Of Me though.

No Emma something, I think. She has probably worked with Bloodshy & Avant in the past.

She is only famous for claiming on TV to sing 50% of the chorus of Toxic (which is not true because Cathy Dennis also did background vocals and you can clearly hear Britney).

She got her 15 minutes of fame I guess.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, floopy22 said:

No Emma something, I think. She has probably worked with Bloodshy & Avant in the past.

She is only famous for claiming on TV to sing 50% of the chorus of Toxic (which is not true because Cathy Dennis also did background vocals and you can clearly hear Britney).

She got her 15 minutes of fame I guess.

Wait what :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

This thread is a reach.

If Toxic's multitrack is anything to use as am example, Britney recorded each line several times and the best takes were combined in a final vocal track.

I'm Not A Girl is another example of this.

Additionally, no Britney didn't have a ghost singer for her entire career; she sang leads on all her albums and background vocals too. Occasionally, the lead vocal would be an adlib vocal take (early mornin, Where are you now etc) but they were ghost singers; it wasn't deceptive, it was a choice made by Britney, or the producers.

It wasn't until the conservatorship was brought in that it became more and more deceptive; the Circus track does it, with a louder backing vocals take overtaking Britney's lower take. FF, I believe, dabbled in it more, but only on words here and there, HIAM being an example of that.

Britney Jean....happened...and people spoke out and we found out and got loud.

Glory went back to all Britney because Team Con got caught.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

This thread is a reach.

If Toxic's multitrack is anything to use as am example, Britney recorded each line several times and the best takes were combined in a final vocal track.

I'm Not A Girl is another example of this.

Additionally, no Britney didn't have a ghost singer for her entire career; she sang leads on all her albums and background vocals too. Occasionally, the lead vocal would be an adlib vocal take (early mornin, Where are you now etc) but they were ghost singers; it wasn't deceptive, it was a choice made by Britney, or the producers.

It wasn't until the conservatorship was brought in that it became more and more deceptive; the Circus track does it, with a louder backing vocals take overtaking Britney's lower take. FF, I believe, dabbled in it more, but only on words here and there, HIAM being an example of that.

Britney Jean....happened...and people spoke out and we found out and got loud.

Glory went back to all Britney because Team Con got caught.

The words highlighted in red sound nothing like Britney. Listen to some of Lauren Christie’s work: those syllables sound exactly like her!

29 minutes ago, Circuit said:

The words highlighted in red sound nothing like Britney. Listen to some of Lauren Christie’s work: those syllables sound exactly like her!

Do you hear yourself? Syllables?  

I'm sorry, but if you were coming with BJ level examples, or even HIAM, I'd entertain it.

Syllables on  the nonemphasised parts of a melodic phrase is a ridiculous claim.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block