What was the one career move you wish Britney didn’t do?

Not releasing Breathe on Me as Single 4 for ITZ

She wouldn't have twisted/broke her knee. She would have still had passion since she seemed to love Breathe On Me. The song would have smashed at least in Europe. 

It would have delayed the births of Sean and Jayden, but I mean, that's not necessarily a down side.

That single choice changed the course of Britney's life imo. Outrageous, a cursed production by He Who Must remain jailed, basically single handedly set off a long course of events. 

• Like 2

Well, "wish". I don't think I wish anything. There were mistakes in terms of her career as well as her personal life and well being.

I don't think I have ever trully enjoyed a song of hers from Britney Jean on forward lol. So I "wish" BJ and Glory had been something else. I know many people like them, but personally I didn't and it certainly only helped to nuke her career plus alledgedly none of this was her own wish either? So...

Femme fatale tour wasn't a good career move. The resulted performance in X Factor wasn't either.

• Love 1

Well There are many things that they/she sould have done differently when it comes to her career.

-Toxic as first single for ITZ.

-Stopping ITZ era in one second...Just like that. (I personnally don't like Breathe on me but I do understand that it's a hit and that a music video released after she broke her knee could have been possible and would have been great to finish the era ( I love Touch of my hand better though )...but a slower, more moody song could have had a music video.

-Having her perform only ONE time LIVE and at an opening of the most watched ceremony as visual//promo for her come back when she could have had a prerecorded 15 minutes performance of a medley of Blackout when it was released. It would have been prerecorded, cut whenever they wanted etc etc...they could have been more clever and come with less stressful ways to give us promo. The absence of visual was unbearable back in the day when we had the best album in our hands. ( though I know she was going through a lot). 

-Radar release is a mess and the fact they tried to "save" the release by having a tacky and cheap clothing brand as a sponsor...They ruinned that song, thank God we have a good performance at the Circus tour.

-I wanna go music video..only video that ruinned a song for me. What king of cheap AvrilLavinesque crap was that ? It deserved a better styling and visual.

-Working with Will I am. No good taste. His music for Brit didn't age very well.

-He about to lose me should have been a single instead of boring Criminal (though it was a surprising choise to have those celtic flokoric ballads notes and music included in Criminal). 

-Pretty girl was bad. 

-Fakney Jean was bad for the most part. I like Mya's Brightest morning star though.

-Perfume music video..........I watched it only 2 times in my life. It should be next to the word Boring in the dictionnary.

-Canceling an entire visual project few weeks before the release date was wrong, I'm talking about David Lachapelle's work for Make me and Glory. These last minute visuals are not good and we all know that.

Now there is so many things she could have done but I guess this thread is What she shouldn't have done so ..

• Love 4

you guys talking about Xfactor, I read something about "chaotic wasnt really her", but how do you know wasnt her, I mean we never ever have a real close look on what Spears is like, I think chaotic was one of the times she was really beoing herself, in full charge, so criticize that is really mean.

And about Xfactor, now we know it really wasnt her choice, we can see that she was really medicated at that time and probably a a pro-team con move to make her look bad in media and earn money (once again) trough her image

• Love 2
  • Like 1
15 hours ago, mitchelspears said:

For me it’s either doing X Factor, or Botched Job. I really loathe that album, but tbh because she was so squirreled away in Vegas at that time AND IMO the X Factor damaged the GP’s interest in her around that time so much it didn’t get more attention so not nearly as many people know it exists ya kno? :gunriah_mariah_carey:

How/Why did X factor damage the GP’s interest in Britney??? TheFemme Fatale eta did that. If anything, X factor helped restore her image as scream & shout was a massive hit 

1 hour ago, RAITEI said:

Well, "wish". I don't think I wish anything. There were mistakes in terms of her career as well as her personal life and well being.

I don't think I have ever trully enjoyed a song of hers from Britney Jean on forward lol. So I "wish" BJ and Glory had been something else. I know many people like them, but personally I didn't and it certainly only helped to nuke her career plus alledgedly none of this was her own wish either? So...

Femme fatale tour wasn't a good career move. The resulted performance in X Factor wasn't either.

What? You didn’t enjoy ANYTHING on glory???

• Like 1

Potentially the X Factor Uk’s performance of Womanizer in 2008. It really harmed her reputation here. More than 10 million people tuned in to watch her mime on a singing contest, and unfortunately the dancing did not make up for it. Personally, it’s one of my favourite performances of hers. But many others didn’t see it that way. It was close to our version of the VMAs 2007 in terms of the hype/backlash

16 hours ago, BritneyLVR said:

For me, it has to be not letting The Notebook happen. She would have done so well in that, I just know it :wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad:

Reveal hidden contents

After that it would have to be X Factor for me. 

I thought she would have done a great job as legally blond! I know it wasn’t offered to her, but it’s so britney

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, Innate said:

Breathe On Me should have been the first single from In The Zone. Me Against The Music should have been solo and left as a filler. Breathe On Me (ft. Madonna) remix should have been on B In The Mix.

:liar_red_mad_angry_anger_yell_slap:

Agree! Breathe on me would have killed it on charts! She should have collaborated with Madonna on and then we kiss

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block