Never-before-see rehearsal of Gimme More VMAS 2007 (Second version)

4 hours ago, scottmoorela said:

She just seems very lethargic.. Anti depressants can do that to you.. Someone should have stepped in. Having said that- the stage direction and the choreography are amazing. 

But also the event must have been too big for her to handle which I think is understandable. She hadn't done a televised performance in years at this point and the media attention surrounding her was insane. That's a huge amount of pressure for someone at the best of times let alone when they are going through a lot of struggles in their personal life.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, bad media karma said:

But also the event must have been too big for her to handle which I think is understandable. She hadn't done a televised performance in years at this point and the media attention surrounding her was insane. That's a huge amount of pressure for someone at the best of times let alone when they are going through a lot of struggles in their personal life.

Literally can you imagine having to open an awards show in front of all your peers who know all your business bc of the media.. I’d throw up. 

• Love 1
On 12/25/2021 at 10:23 PM, Kletus said:

ugh queen rehearsed 4 times to give us exactly what she gave us and nothing more, I love her sfm :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

I've never thought of it that way.

But it's true!

She was totally over it the night of the official performance...She looked around at her peers and decided just to dial it in. 

:britlol_britney_surprised_wow_oh_shocked_choatic:

EDIT: I wonder if she showed up just to fulfill her record contract and nothing more?

The rehearsals aren’t great but her standards, but they are definitely better than the actual performances. She looks better and appears more comfortable and confident. It seems highly likely she took Xanax (as many with anxiety would innocently do) before the actual performance and it slowed her down a bit. Overall though, I still think the set design, costumes, and general creative direction of the performance was very basic. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Anna Karina said:

Certain focal lenses of cameras can make you appear bigger than you really are:

Hide contents

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611184a814495d1c4d269

You can kind of see it here, Britney's face looks like it has been squished together. And even if she would have drank a whole bottle of Tequila, this is not an alcohol bloat or anything:

Br8Egef.png

One can argue that she might have been under influence or that the accusations of manipulations might be false, whatever, but this truly is manipulation of the performance and her image. They filmed three rehearsals with the appropiate focal length and the performance suddenly looks completely different? :slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney:

It's all true about camera angles / proximity and how they can make you look completely different :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

But also, couldn't it be that it also depends on the format it was originally aired on tv, vs what we're getting now, in the sense that maybe back in 2007 it aired like this, all squashed, not just Britney, but the whole thing, but this leaked footage is being shown in the original format it was filmed? 

For example I am Britney Jean aired all squashed on television, but then the footage they uploaded to to YouTube looks alright. 

Still that doesn't justify the takes from down under and such. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block