Never-before-see rehearsal of Gimme More VMAS 2007 (Second version)

On 25/12/2021 at 22:35, anakinskywalker said:

It makes no sense to me how her so called team would watch this and think that she was ok for a "comeback" or to open the biggest awards show at the time. That performance was always a mystery because we thought that something happened that day, but in fact, considering the 2 rehearsals we've seen, the performance was planned that way and she did what she was supposed to do on stage. They set her up, and I'm including MTV. It's infuriating how no one intervened, the performance was a MESS from the very beginning and they all knew she would be slammed for it.

Please, it's her fault. Point. She was not a girl, she was 25 years old.

5 minutes ago, oscar0 said:

Please, it's her fault. Point. She was not a girl, she was 25 years old.

A 25 year old with contractual obligations. She was probably menaced to get sued or something big if she didnt perform even though they knew the performance was trash. They didnt care, it will only help them in the long run which in fact did. 

• Like 1

SO I feel like I dont hear this brought up enough or maybe there is enough information out there. But I heard on a podcast which had a reliable source that the outfit is last min because kris angel backed out and they had to reimage the performance. Which made sense to me because it was very basic even if she was more into it. Overall I think my favorite version of this performance is the one with the hat lol 

• Love 1
  • 3 months later...
On 12/27/2021 at 1:17 PM, dancewithme said:

If someone could combine the 2 ponytail rehearsals we would have the best version of the Gimme More performance. The intro was fire and most of the close ups the camera does are fierce

I know this is a very late reply, but someone actually did:

This is also interesting because it actually reveals some of the deeper meaning behind the performance.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block