Never-before-see rehearsal of Gimme More VMAS 2007 (Second version)

I get more and more pissed off with each of these. IF you watch the actual show closely, it’s better than these rehearsals. In fact, several spots of her choreo are sharper in the final show. What sucks is how they shot it, and they way they portrayed her. They used THE MOST unflattering angles on air, and you can see in her face that night that she wasn’t interested in being on that stage. That’s the difference. There’s no joy or power in her stage presence from the show …. And we all know why

knowing she was pushed to be there, and knowing she was struggling with so many personal things happening behind the scenes, I’m even more in love with this performance and Britney’s resilience. Then to take all the endless **** she took in the press… she’s unbelievably strong.

• Love 9

This is the exact same energy as the original performance. I feel like people saying that the rehearsals are so much better are just saying that because they weren’t the performance that was actually shown live on TV. Parts of this are better than the real performance, parts of this are worse than the real performance. Her energy and attitude looks the exact same here, just slightly less nervous. 

• Like 1

OMG this is the best one, we have, so far... We can feel she is stressed but she is there, not like in the final perf.

So much mysteries on that night... 

At the prime :

Why did the ponytail disappear ?

Definitely something is wrong withe the shoes (broken ?)

Plus the insults she received just before performing... Poor girl.

This is some reasons why we got an "OK performance" but I love it anyway, it's so iconic !!

4 hours ago, J45x said:

Is pretty obvious at this point that she was set up by EVERYONE to fail.  She didnt want to be there, and you can tell by her eyes, expressions and body language. She knew the performance was not up to her standards, yet they made her do it. Oh well, what is done is done and she is STRONGER than ever. They thought they will crush her, but she keeps striving. She indestructible! A true icon!

:katycry_perry_crying_tears_sad_sobbing:

• Like 2

This is what a Britmas is all about !

This performance is unique, I know it's not perfect and yes I would have loved if she did it with a lot of energy and yes they should have added some fireworks behind her during the first chorus and at the end or have her appear among the smoke at the very begining or something like that. Yes something is missing...........

....but damn it's fire and unlike some flop opinions here I LOVE this choreography, it's one of my fave and flops will deal. :gunney:

Also Ponytailney with this outfit makes me wanna relive my youth but this time with Ponytailney on my mind when Gimme more was played at the club. :ramona_dancing_bathing_suit:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block