Britney comes for her family: I worked for my family my whole life and only permitted to perform old songs in Vegas

9 minutes ago, Tear the floor up up said:

Why did Team Con care so much about the set list? It's not like they cared about anything else. I guess it comes down to control. This is clearly something Britney had creative vision for and I bet they loved saying no to her

I think since her latest albums have not been so popular and she is mainly known for her early 2000s stuff, they wanted to attract a bigger audience. like 90% of the people that I have talked about Britney with, they didn’t even know that she was still releasing music, and only remember her toxic, oops I did it again, baby one more time, slave stuff

add: yes for sure they probably have heard work *****, but they don’t connect the dots - britney the icon died in many of the GP view unfortunately. they believe whatever the media told them around 2007. maybe not in America, but in Western Europe, she never gets positive media :(

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

It is, but at the same time, they didn't even try to hide it, we saw it since I am Britney Jean the long faces everyone did when Britney was trying to add Alien 

You're right I totally forgot about that! She had to fight for it then they made her sing Sia's parts on Perfume :beyfedup_beyonce_sunglasses_fed_up_annoyed_ok_wow_smh: and she got a lot of flack for it when in reality they probably didn't let her sing live or re-record

• Love 1
  • Like 2

Oh, she wants to perform every track from her newest album and forget the old hits :sipney_britney_starbucks_straw_sipping_drinking_spill:

I am down with that, cuz she can't compete with her legendary prime performances of those old songs anyway, so it would just be a waste of potential and efforts to spend more time on something so untouchable and perfect that has been imperfectly reenvisioned for the past 12 years :cheersney_britney_flames_pink_fire:.

And thus... performances for new songs only is preferable for everyone :letitburn_elmo_fire_flames_burn:

Unless it is songs post Circus. She can redo them. Cuz nearly all of the performances post Circus are trash compared to pre FF performances. Sorry not sorry.

Don't blame me cuz I don't blame Britney for doing trash performances because of being in a c-ship Britney Spears Dancing GIF   

• Love 1
  • Like 2
32 minutes ago, Tear the floor up up said:

Why did Team Con care so much about the set list? It's not like they cared about anything else. I guess it comes down to control. This is clearly something Britney had creative vision for and I bet they loved saying no to her

Purely commercial reasons. The hits are the ones the General Public knew, and Britney has enough hits to fill a show. They didn't care if Britney wanted to be an artist, she was only the voice that made them money.

Personally, the fact that Domination had so many fan favourite songs really makes me feel like  Team Con never intended to let the show reach the public, but that's a theory for another thread.

• Love 4
  • Like 1
41 minutes ago, Tear the floor up up said:

Because her classics bring in ticket sales. If gp is like oh let me look up the set list before buying tickets and don’t know any of the music it might stop them from going 

• Like 4

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block