Britney comes for her family: I worked for my family my whole life and only permitted to perform old songs in Vegas

The psychological torture she had to endure all these years, if you put all the things together... :enigma_alien_blue:

And as Jordan said in his video, she still manages to smile, making fun of it by doing skits and writing a lot of positive stuff.

She is truly inspirational. I'm glad Sam organized this wonderful birthday, it was perfect to celebrate her new life.  :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

• Like 5
1 hour ago, waynebradybyday said:

Most performers in Vegas perform their greatest hits and not recent ones that the general public does not know. I’m not really understanding Britney on this one. Management and artists will sometimes clash but I think her greatest hits were best for this type of show. It’s not the same as a typical tour.

She‘s also wrong to say, only old songs permitted. She performed Make Me, Slumber Party, Perfume, Pretty Girls, Alien, Work ***** (a newer song and basically the video was all about Vegas and pretty sure Vegas was the first time she performed it live).

Perhaps she meant she wanted to perform “deep cuts”????

Mmmmm, I think its clear Vegas wasnt even her idea, come on!? she didnt even had a say on whats for dinner :sofedup_fed_up_miss_ny_ms_new_york_done_tiffany_pollard_eye_roll_eyeroll_whatever:

• Love 3

The hits are never being performed again by the queen and who can blame her? She is probably sick to death of them. Any one would be performing the same old songs every night for years. Many artists stop performing the old hits at some point, and I think if Britney ever returns she won't be doing them maybe other than 1 or 2.

• Like 3
  • Super Mods

It bugged me how she couldn’t have more new songs on the set list and don’t understand why when it could help sell the current album. They really are a bunch of dinosaurs who is so out of touch when Britney herself knows the fans very well and it was mainly fans that went to her shows. Sometimes I want to sit in on their meetings and scratch my heads at their logic, they put so much effort in marketing her as a nostalgia act when they could push forward. Like Britney said she’s only in her thirties…she’s not dead, what were they thinking?

• Like 7
  • Super Mods
3 minutes ago, frederiickx said:

The hits are never being performed again by the queen and who can blame her? She is probably sick to death of them. Any one would be performing the same old songs every night for years. Many artists stop performing the old hits at some point, and I think if Britney ever returns she won't be doing them maybe other than 1 or 2.

I wouldn’t mind, got really sick of hearing the hits all the time. The GP already ruined Toxic for me, I honestly want to see her perform new music from now on or the b sides cuz it was overkill so could totally understand if she refuses to perform her old hits and from what I get, she did refused unless they were remixed. 

• Like 2

Interesting...musical director of the Circus Tour also said she was permitted mostly old songs while she wanted to do B sides. 

Her saying the same about Vegas must mean the musical director was right.

Imagine how the Circus Tour and Piece Of Me would have looked like if she decided the setlist.

Would DIE for performances of Toy Soldier, Get Back, Outta This World, Shattered Glass, ....

Or even Mona Lisa!

• Love 7
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, The Finn said:

Someone asked why the the images are blurry – my bet is they are screen captures from a video.

Am I the only one who thinks “More classic fashion dresses coming to my Instagram … by me … worn by me” hints her own fashion line (dress collection) coming out soon? 🤔

I'd say it's more that these dresses will be chosen and bought by her and are her own taste as opposed to what she was told to wear before

Her billboard performance had deep cuts … and she added deep cuts to the second leg. 

Pretty sure it was her choice to add Breathe On Me, Touch of my hand, I love Rock N Roll, Do somethin, Missy Elliot, Change Your Mind, and Clumsy. 

she probably didn’t want to sing baby, oops, stronger or crazy which is why we have those old vocals 

I’ve got two points to this. 

1. does anybody remember the “I am Britney Jean” doc her and Larry were actually going over the set list and picking the songs. Was that just for the cameras? She seemed involved. 

2. can we please get an Hulu doc on the making of domination and why it got canceled? Was it only old songs? I mean it had scream and shout remix in the rehearsal videos? 

3. she really angry (as she should be) I really hope she does an interview soon I feel like it will really help with her healing process. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Zanderfree said:

I’ve got two points to this. 

1. does anybody remember the “I am Britney Jean” doc her and Larry were actually going over the set list and picking the songs. Was that just for the cameras? She seemed involved. 

2. can we please get an Hulu doc on the making of domination and why it got canceled? Was it only old songs? I mean it had scream and shout remix in the rehearsal videos? 

3. she really angry (as she should be) I really hope she does an interview soon I feel like it will really help with her healing process. 

I think as far as Vegas is concerned, she knew it was going to be a greatest hits show mostly.  But there were quite a few BJ tracks on the board in the scene of IABJ if I remember correctly, and only two were chosen (not counting Alien since it was only performed a couple of times).  So I think in her mind she thought that since she had a new album coming out they would put a few more songs from BJ in the show.  Then Glory rolled around 3 years later and she probably thought they’d finally let her scrap some of the lesser-known hits and add Glory tracks to promote the album, but only 3 Glory songs were chosen when the album was first released.

• Love 1

Loving her truth and speaking out!! She deserves to do that. Also I’m loving the dresses and her face looks super cute but for the love of gawdddd someone give our girl a Brush for her hair. It’s like she puts on the cutest dresses and has her make-up nice but then her hair is a mess 😭😭 gotta love her. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block