Britney comes for her family: I worked for my family my whole life and only permitted to perform old songs in Vegas

1 hour ago, reVolution said:

Maybe not 2007, I feel like her popularity dropped once they caged her in Vegas, I mean Womanizer is on par with her classics, Circus is pretty popular, FF had alot of top 10s and TTWE is pretty popular, even WB is a pretty well known/iconic hit, after that it went down hill, even if Glory is amazing in quality

yes actually you are right, just her last two albums were flops really

• Like 4

Most performers in Vegas perform their greatest hits and not recent ones that the general public does not know. I’m not really understanding Britney on this one. Management and artists will sometimes clash but I think her greatest hits were best for this type of show. It’s not the same as a typical tour.

She‘s also wrong to say, only old songs permitted. She performed Make Me, Slumber Party, Perfume, Pretty Girls, Alien, Work ***** (a newer song and basically the video was all about Vegas and pretty sure Vegas was the first time she performed it live).

Perhaps she meant she wanted to perform “deep cuts”????

• Like 4
27 minutes ago, Isla said:

I don’t mind the odd old song, especially her classic hits, but damn it’s clear she wanted more control over her setlists…. I wouldn’t be surprised if she wanted to perform more Glory songs at Piece Of Me.

Imagine

The intro

cutting to do you wanna come over

If you seek amy transitioning into gimme more 

Transitioning into make me and me myself and I 

after the performance, a bit of a dance break allowing Britney to change and take a 5-6 min breather while her dancers dance to courier  electrique with her shadow or something projected on the screen like they did with the hands at the VMAs 

Britney could come out performing just like me and then every time with the wings obviously 

Transition to showdown 

The usual for freakshow cuz she lowkey loves it from what I can tell  

Then love me down…. Followed by  baby

Maybe a minute of private show in a way they used it for the commercial … we know she loves it…. and then a bit of a break for her to breathe and drink water

Lucky sad version and oops Pom  version 

Riccus and Boys

piece of me

slumber party with Tinashe

If I’m dancing that gradually transitions the strings and orchestra into toxic

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, Rik said:

Imagine

The intro

cutting to do you wanna come over

If you seek amy transitioning into gimme more 

Transitioning into make me and me myself and I 

after the performance, a bit of a dance break allowing Britney to change and take a 5-6 min breather while her dancers dance to courier  electrique with her shadow or something projected on the screen like they did with the hands at the VMAs 

Britney could come out performing just like me and then every time with the wings obviously 

Transition to showdown 

The usual for freakshow cuz she lowkey loves it from what I can tell  

Then love me down…. Followed by  baby

Maybe a minute of private show in a way they used it for the commercial … we know she loves it…. and then a bit of a break for her to breathe and drink water

Lucky sad version and oops Pom  version 

Riccus and Boys

piece of me

slumber party with Tinashe

If I’m dancing that gradually transitions the strings and orchestra into toxic

A SETLIST!!!!

4 hours ago, alleyesonme393 said:

Imagine how mundane she must have felt performing Work ***** as the opening song for 4 ******* years and TTWE as her closer for ******* 7 years😵💫😵💫😵💫

Go off Queen❤️

Nah but for real though

Love that she's speaking so openly about it. I hope she feels the love from all the fans today and forever

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, waynebradybyday said:

Most performers in Vegas perform their greatest hits and not recent ones that the general public does not know. I’m not really understanding Britney on this one. Management and artists will sometimes clash but I think her greatest hits were best for this type of show. It’s not the same as a typical tour.

She‘s also wrong to say, only old songs permitted. She performed Make Me, Slumber Party, Perfume, Pretty Girls, Alien, Work ***** (a newer song and basically the video was all about Vegas and pretty sure Vegas was the first time she performed it live).

Perhaps she meant she wanted to perform “deep cuts”????

She meant that one of the best selling female artists of all time wanted to have more say in her own damn vegas setlist 15+ years into her career and couldn't

• Love 1
3 hours ago, anakinskywalker said:

I always hated how she became a legacy act the moment she went to Vegas. Considering what we know now, she hated it as well. SO MUCH potential was wasted performing old hits while being stuck in Vegas, she was just in her early 30s, just imagine the things she could've done if she had full control of her career. Unfortunately, the residency was always promoted as a greatest hits show, so it makes sense that she wasn't able to perform her new songs like she wanted to do.

THIS is what it boils down to. They made her put a break on her career and creative output (which gets even worse when you consider the forced medication)

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Tear the floor up up said:

Why did Team Con care so much about the set list? It's not like they cared about anything else. I guess it comes down to control. This is clearly something Britney had creative vision for and I bet they loved saying no to her

Probably some super dumb reasoning like "this is Vegas, people want the hits!" when in reality as long as she has BOMT, Oops, Slave & Toxic in some capacity, I'm pretty sure she would have been fine filling up the rest of the show with whatever she wanted.

• Like 6

I always thought it was weird AF that she barely performed any Circus, BJ, or Glory tracks.

her team must have loved FF because she performed a lot from that album…

but only:

4 songs from Circus on The Circus Tour (one of which was only performed a handful of times)

3 songs from BJ during POM (one only performed a few times)

3 songs from Glory during POM 2.0 with a medley of two other songs added later down the line.

it’s weird they don’t want her to perform her new material.  Do they really think Boys is THAT big of a hit that the fan base would riot if she performed a new album cut instead of it? :tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe:

• Haha 2
  • Like 4
1 minute ago, G-unit said:

I always thought it was weird AF that she barely performed any Circus, BJ, or Glory tracks.

her team must have loved FF because she performed a lot from that album…

but only:

4 songs from Circus on The Circus Tour (one of which was only performed a handful of times)

3 songs from BJ during POM (one only performed a few times)

3 songs from Glory during POM 2.0 with a medley of two other songs added later down the line.

it’s weird they don’t want her to perform her new material.  Do they really think Boys is THAT big of a hit that the fan base would riot if she performed a new album cut instead of it? :tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe:

I think it’s Britney who loves Boys. I’m pretty sure that except for Baby One More Time & Toxic, it’s the only song she’s performed at every tour since it’s been released-before and during the cship. 

• Like 1

Madonna is a legend in touring & performing - and each show she's done has been mainly focused on the album she has out at the moment. Even the troubled Madame X sold out. Britney was probably fine doing the hits for the first two years but likely wanted to really switch things up after Glory & establishing herself as a staple on the strip. We can just add this on the list of injustices. 

To be honest, I always thought the remixes for Stronger & Crazy were pretty decent. But BOMT was handled awfully IMO! I sort of understood where they were going with Oops because even back in the day Britney would put a rock twist on that song but they totally sucked the life out of BOMT. Though I'll admit I haven't really enjoyed any BOMT reinvention after the DWAD cut.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block