Jesy Nelson performs "BOYZ" for the first time ever (solo debut performance)

Slayer

8 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

I saw a ton of negative comments about this. I think she did good. 

I think that's exactly the problem. She did "good", yet she hyped everything about her debut so much. And her core fan base, like for most popstars, are (high maintenance) gays. AND Little Mix were not just "good", they we're pretty good I'd say. So yeah... Meh.

• Haha 2
  • Like 3
6 hours ago, Style. said:

Let me correct you. Little Mix was good because Jesy Nelson was part of it. Perrie was always my favorite member, but since Jesy left they lack something. Also, Jesy had so many solo parts on Little Mix’s songs and it shows now, the songs are kind of lackluster. Yeah, Little Mix were good because Jesy was in it. 

That is a valid opinion, but for me Jesy was always the one who always stood out in a bad way.
I'm not glad she left, but she was definitely not at the same level than the other girls.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, Borja said:

That is a valid opinion, but for me Jesy was always the one who always stood out in a bad way.
I'm not glad she left, but she was definitely not at the same level than the other girls.

Are you for real? For me she was super necessary, she added real spice to the whole thing. Her verses ALWAYS stood out.

• Love 5
40 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

I saw a ton of negative comments about this. I think she did good. 

People just love to hate on her, she was viciously trolled whilst in the band now it has amplified because people are pressed she has left :nyheadache_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_annoyed_head_rub_irritated_red_tired:

She did good! I just hope she's okay mentally as her sister has been saying she hasn't been doing too good.

On 10/30/2021 at 4:44 AM, Geralt_of_Rivia said:

I can't see Beyonce written on the choreo at all. However, it did seem weird to me too. She looked gorgeous, though. An okay performance, I'd say. 

It's not the choreo I can't describe it.. Its like the mannerisms and more the style of dancing... Like EVERY move is a body pop... And the head movements... There wasn't a lot of choreo either it was just a lot of mannerisms and attitude... 

Shame because she has danced better... Everyone is shook from the choreo from the MV and even that for me is not good either... 

• Like 2

I'm still so iffy on the song itself, though I love the pre-chorus, I just can't stand the sample.

Performance wise, my girl is STUNNNNIIIINNNGGGG as ever, but it kinda backs up what I feel she may suffer from (unless she works hard on her breath control and stamina), that is not having any backup from anyone else on stage to help when she gets winded.

Watching the LM5 tour really made me realize how often she sing-talked/rapped or kinda shouted (Wasabi) (which all the girls did occasionally but not as much) her verses and I do think it's because she always goes full out.  Sis can MOVE, hype up a crowd and hit any note when she's not really going in on choreo and you can tell she's having a blast which makes me happy, but I do think she underestimated how much more exhausting it may be for her singing the entire song versus 1/4 of it. She'll definitely get better in time, and I'm optimistic about single #2...I just...Wanna hear more of her and not what it seems a label believes is a recipe for success.

I don't mind the lipping if she can use better prerecorded tracks because when she goes in, she goes in, but something was just a little underwhelming for me since I hold her to such high standards but TBH, anything is better than the nonsense Britney was giving us since Onyx (i'll never forgive her team for having her lip to Alien with the glitch).

I do feel it would've looked better with a better colored outfit so we can see that body move but she'll get it.

• Love 1
On 10/30/2021 at 9:46 AM, Slayer said:

People just love to hate on her, she was viciously trolled whilst in the band now it has amplified because people are pressed she has left :nyheadache_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_annoyed_head_rub_irritated_red_tired:

She did good! I just hope she's okay mentally as her sister has been saying she hasn't been doing too good.

What has her sister been saying?

I think Jesy did good. Proud of her. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block