Britney and Jive FAILED MISERABLY on "Britney" Because....

I have a love hate relationship with the Britney album. It’s actually in my top 3 but as a tie strictly because the bonus tracks were worlds better than the crap that is anticipating and that’s where you take me.  I wish THOSE were bonus tracks. Before the goodbye and I run away are flawless and SHOULD have been on the tracklist 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Alexanda said:

They failed in the US, but clearly not in Europe. She has top 10 hits in the UK and germany from that era. 

I think “fail” in the US is a stretch. Yes, Slave was the only top 40 hit, but with the radio ban in effect, the chart success of her singles don’t really capture the actual popularity of the songs and the album here. The album itself was still a #1 smasher and she was still the biggest pop act here.

• Love 4
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Kaitlyn Johnson said:

I can’t even imagine how different that whole era would’ve been if bombastic was the lead single. Slave 4 U shook things up completely. The visuals and choreography changed her whole image. She was finally out of that school girl visual. 

Honestly Slave was a game changer, in Pop music in general, after that Xtina did dirty, and all the girls started doing the same thing

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Kaitlyn Johnson said:

Bombastic love was not well relieved when the album was released. Same with Anticipating. The reason that album didn’t generate any huge hits was bc of her clear channel ban. 

In the US. Outside of the US the singles were pretty big and in Latin America i must say i feel like that was her strongest era. It was Britneymania!!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, filmandstage13 said:

I think “fail” in the US is a stretch. Yes, Slave was the only top 40 hit, but with the radio ban in effect, the chart success of her singles don’t really capture the actual popularity of the songs and the album here. The album itself was still a #1 smasher and she was still the biggest pop act here.

Not to mention the album came out weeks after 9/11

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block