Britney and Jive FAILED MISERABLY on "Britney" Because....

1 hour ago, where the ballers at? said:

The entire era was botched when they left classics like am i a sinner, she'll never be me, and the solo version of when i say so off the album in favour of such lifeless tracks as that's where you take me, let me be, and anticipating. They also relegated multiple classics to the bonus tracks... can anybody think of anything good jive did for this album beyond making slave the lead?

Overprotected flopped on the charts, there was no way BL was doing better than that. 

anticipating is iconic. I will never understand people who dislike such pop perfection

• Love 2
  • Like 1
  • Content Curators
1 hour ago, blackoutbixxh said:

The Anticipating slander going on here :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

:deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink:

She should have known Britney the album was not the right place for ha, she could of been cute as a bonus track for some randon cd single released under the bottom of the sea but, she just had to place ha self in there and ruin the work of art that is Britney. 

I won't tolerate any love shown for ha she is the BritneyJean of the album Britney :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

• Love 2
  • Haha 2

I wanna be there when you touch fire

20 minutes ago, Midnight said:

:deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink:

She should have known Britney the album was not the right place for ha, she could of been cute as a bonus track for some randon cd single released under the bottom of the sea but, she just had to place ha self in there and ruin the work of art that is Britney. 

I won't tolerate any love shown for ha she is the BritneyJean of the album Britney :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

I don’t care where she ended up as long as it was somewhere. She is a bop and will be treated as so :pleaseshhh_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_tell_talk_preach_pollard: If anything taints the perfection that is the Britney album it’s the tacky ILRNR cover. So many better choices for self-titled and they wasted 3:07 on that nonsense :rihit_rihanna_annoyed_throw_walk_away_bye_irritated_mad:

• Haha 2

Its her best era with amazing singles, but the album as a whole is not her best.

The label wanted her to sound like NSYNC with an overproduced pop sound. Then they added some of the crossroad soundtrack. And then Britney wanted a more  R&B sound which is why she started remixing the singles to sound more RNB.

So to me the whole album is very messy

• Like 2
42 minutes ago, fays1 said:

Its her best era with amazing singles, but the album as a whole is not her best.

The label wanted her to sound like NSYNC with an overproduced pop sound. Then they added some of the crossroad soundtrack. And then Britney wanted a more  R&B sound which is why she started remixing the singles to sound more RNB.

So to me the whole album is very messy

Well said, I agree but never could fully articulate it. 

• Love 1

From a business point of view: tracks like Cinderella, Anticipating, Let Me Be, What It's Like To Be Me among others should have been a single due to the radio friendly poppy sound. They would have been good hits like Overorotected was. 

But in the long run, from an artistic perspective, another bubblegum pop album was too much, we already had Baby and Oops, it was time to take another direction. Slave and Boys urban sound was definitely what the entire Britney album should have sounded like.

Dont hate me, I love the entire tracklist but we had enough with Nsync, Backstreet Boys and all that wave of teen pop that was already wasted by 2001. Im glad Slave was the lead single and the fact that they went for the Boys remix as the official song and that Overorotected remix. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, F.a.u.zish said:

What Do you Mean? Britney definitely pronounced it as Bom-Bastic, she just really enunciates the first syllable of the word. 

I hear her say boom. It's supposed to be pronounced bomb bastic. But you can hear her more clearly say boom bastic during the bridge of the song. Are my ears failing me?:inbed_ahs_hotel_sarah_paulson_grin_smirk_cackle_bed_reading_phone:

I always enjoyed Bombastic Love, more so than Anticipating If I'm honest. But I think the single choices were okay. I would probably have chosen Lonely, Bombastic or Cinderalla over INAG. 

Also, it's a shame that this year they missed an opportunity to celebrate 20 years of the album like they did with BOMT and OIDIA, but that said it was team con who were behind that so that also puts me in a spot where I hate they happened to begin with. I'm hoping the anniversaries are done justice better in the future with all the money going to Britney of course.

• Love 1

Facts! This song is so special and different. But tbh the Britney album has the best non-single tracks of every album of her. Instead of ILRNR and Boys they should have used Bombastic Love, Cinderella, Let Me Be, Before the Goodbye, Lonely … as a single, they all are amazing:mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block