Britney and Jive FAILED MISERABLY on "Britney" Because....

1 hour ago, JayTawndre said:

Bombastic Love was robbed of being a single :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

No I wasn't here for the 30 second preview in the Overprotected video. :britstare11_britney_ftr_for_the_record_annoyed_tired_irritated_sigh:

We deserved a great video for this Bubblegum Pop masterpiece. :nomnom_shake_chest_boobs_dance:

Who else stans the best song off "Britney"? 

Ikr. The label did this era dirty. I think that LONELY should've been a single. Her showing her inner feminist is SOMETHING ELSE 💥💫

• Love 9
23 minutes ago, sunny_liston said:

Bombastic Love is Max Martin OIDIA-era pop circa 2000, either you love that style or you hate it (I fking love it).

In 2001 Britney - correctly - identified that era was rapidly coming to a close and pivoted away from it. If Jive had its way and put BL as the lead single would it have single handedly extended the lifespan of that era by a little bit? We'll never know but I do wonder. Only Britney's star power at the time could have conceivably done so. 

I can’t even imagine how different that whole era would’ve been if bombastic was the lead single. Slave 4 U shook things up completely. The visuals and choreography changed her whole image. She was finally out of that school girl visual. 

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, Kaitlyn Johnson said:

I can’t even imagine how different that whole era would’ve been if bombastic was the lead single. Slave 4 U shook things up completely. The visuals and choreography changed her whole image. She was finally out of that school girl visual. 

In retrospect she almost definitely made the right call to do a hard pivot to S4U and remake her image, for the sake of extending her career long past millennium pop. In fact, a third straight album dominated by that sound could have really held her back.

And yet I'm such a big fan of that sound, and it's a bummer that forgotten non-singles like BL and Cinderella were the last we would ever get of it from Britney. 

• Love 3
  • Like 1

While I really enjoy Bombastic Love, it’s definitely not single material. Lonely would have been an amazing single. If she was gonna do a bubblegum song, Cinderella would have been a much stronger choice IMO, plus a video would’ve been epic. What It’s Like to be me would be good. Or the bonus tracks, before the goodbye or I run away are amazing. When I Found You is also a better bubblegum song than bombastic. I’m shocked to learn jive wanted bombastic love as a single. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
46 minutes ago, sunny_liston said:

Bombastic Love is Max Martin OIDIA-era pop circa 2000, either you love that style or you hate it (I fking love it).

In 2001 Britney - correctly - identified that era was rapidly coming to a close and pivoted away from it. If Jive had its way and put BL as the lead single would it have single handedly extended the lifespan of that era by a little bit? We'll never know but I do wonder. Only Britney's star power at the time could have conceivably done so. 

Slave is so ionic! No song on album could beat slave..

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Style. said:

This is probably her best album, but I don’t think Bombastic Love had single potential... :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

You had to live in the US, this would have done well in her biggest market at the time, Imagine adding Shaggy who had two back to back hits with it wasn't me and a semi remake of the 1950s hit Angel.

And this was after he had a huge hit in 1995 with MR. BOMBASTIC..

It would have done well. Especially in the US. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block