Britney and Jive FAILED MISERABLY on "Britney" Because....

11 hours ago, rennen said:

I thought you were going to say because they turned it into a Crossroads soundtrack, and I came in here expecting to agree. 

But then read this nonsense about Bombastic Love. 

Black Woman Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

The Britney album should have remained what it was initially intended to be - a more mature sounding album with every song bar two (I'm assuming Slave and Boys) co-written by Britney as stated by Britney herself in June/July of 2001. 

IMO the movie and soundtrack should have been pushed back to late 2002 which still would have given Britney time off after DWAD.

Or the movie scrapped altogether. :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

This, Not a Girl & Rock n Roll does not fit the album sound for me. I wish there were more Neptunes Songs.

Not a bombastic fan, its my least fave on the album, but I do agree they did fail with this album. ILRNR and NAG should have just been on the soundtrack. Lonely and Cinderella should have been singles and I Run Away for the ballad. Also she'll never be me needed to be on the actual album and be a single. This album could've had 6 singles easy.

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, DanjaMouse said:

The best part of having a epic album is having great songs that don’t need to be singles, rather than just filler between the odd good song that made it as a single. Bombastic, Cinderella and Lonely are great examples of that.

Props to What It’s Like to Be Me too.

Britney Spears Yes GIF

Sis I can't lol :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

The entire era was botched when they left classics like am i a sinner, she'll never be me, and the solo version of when i say so off the album in favour of such lifeless tracks as that's where you take me, let me be, and anticipating. They also relegated multiple classics to the bonus tracks... can anybody think of anything good jive did for this album beyond making slave the lead?

Overprotected flopped on the charts, there was no way BL was doing better than that. 

12 hours ago, Frankie8 said:

BL is catchy and I like it. It is not single material though. It did need a better intro to kick off the song.

Bombastic was a vocab word at the time and my teacher said it is pronounced bom bastic, not boom bastic.

I still pronounced it like Brit.

What Do you Mean? Britney definitely pronounced it as Bom-Bastic, she just really enunciates the first syllable of the word. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

"Before the Goodbye" was so ahead of its time. Too bad it didn't make the album. Would make a great transition between B and ITZ. They did all they could with the album. They released so many singles. They didn't even bother milking OIDIA when it had at least 2 more potential hits on it. 

The album was her peak. She was basically everywhere. It still outsold many current popstars whole discographies. We really shouldn't look for holes in something that was basically perfection. We were given the classic pop singles in Overprotected EU and INAGNYAW, the new sound with IAS4U and Boys, and some rock in ILRNR. Obviously, the whole album was single worthy. But was there a need for more singles? No.

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block