EXHALE TOP 100 - Best songs of 2021: Submit your entries now! (Voting starts in November)

PokemonSpears

EXHALE TOP 100 - Best songs of 2021: Submit your entries now!  

88 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

you only have to pick your 100 favorite songs :explainlol_stare_spin:

But that's exactly my point, 100?? I might as well include a 2021 version of "La Cucaracha"!!

If we're a music forum and we release a best songs list, I expect to get the crème de la crème of that year, not a "...oh and this is a demo of an unreleased song from an album that never was by a B list artist!". That should be in another ranking, a sort of "discover new or interesting music" list.

19 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

But that's exactly my point, 100?? I might as well include a 2021 version of "La Cucaracha"!!

If we're a music forum and we release a best songs list, I expect to get the crème de la crème of that year, not a "...oh and this is a demo of an unreleased song from an album that never was by a B list artist!". That should be in another ranking, a sort of "discover new or interesting music" list.

The thing is, everyone complains that music sucked this year. Yet here we have 370 songs suggested between everyone, and the list is still missing many of the songs that actually did great on the Billboard charts, etc. 

There are soooooo many songs released this year, that actually a Top 100 isn't even enough to cover everything, but that's why we're voting. Everyone may have some obscure songs that no one else knows, and those are their favorites, but the other songs that may not be their ultimate best, but that are somewhat good, and that most of the people agree on that, those are the ones that will end up adding more points, and will make the top of the list. And that's the interesting part to discover with this. We all may have that song that is so so, but it's the most popular because everyone will give it at least some points. Songs that only one person support, even if they give them the highest score, will most likely not make the cut, if there aren't more exhalers voting for them.

In the end, this is not about success on the charts, nor about the creme of nothing, but about what Exhalers like the most, which shouldn't necessarily go along with what the GP wants, or what the critics say in those cocky websites. 

And you don't have to vote for 100, you can vote for as many as you want, but your points won't have the same value. I'll clarify the rules on November 1st in a new thread, but basically, the more songs you vote for, the higher score your top songs will get. If you only vote for 10 or 20, your first song will still receive 100 points, but the other songs will receive less and less. So your 20th song will receive less points if you only submit 20 in total, than if you submit 50 or 60 or 100, with 100 being the limit. 

PokemonSpears
This post was recognized by PokemonSpears!

TheDukeDan was awarded the badge 'Great Support' and 15 points.

Here are my favs of 2021 so far:

Charli XCX - Good Ones (I know it’s already in the list but… DAMN!)

Ashnikko ft Princess Nokia - Slumber Party

Iggy Azalea - Nights Like This

Becky Hill & Topic - My Heart Goes (La Di Da)

Au/Ra - Young Giants

UPSAHL - Time Of My Life

Tiësto & KAROL G - Don’t Be Shy

Doja Cat ft The Weeknd - You Right

Lil Nas X ft Jack Harlow - Industry Baby

bbno$ (feat Rich Brian) - Edamame

Ava Max - Everytime I Cry

MARINA - Venus Fly Trap (Kito Remix ft Tove Lo)

Agnes - 24 Hours

Allie X - Private Life

BANKS - The Devil

Dua Lipa - Love Again (Single out in 2021)

blackbear - u love u (with Tate McRae)

Daya - The Difference

Tones and I - Won’t Sleep

Elton John & Years & Years - It’s a Sin

Bebe Rexha - Better Mistakes

Bebe Rexha - Sacrifice

Imanbek & Cher Lloyd - Baddest

INNA - Oh My God

Au/Ra - Dead Girl! (Shake My Head)

Zoe Wees - That’s How It Goes (ft 6LACK)

Griff - Black Hole

Winona Oak - Winter Rain

Ashnikko - Toxic

RAYE & Rudimental - Regardless (December 2020)

1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

The thing is, everyone complains that music sucked this year. Yet here we have 370 songs suggested between everyone, and the list is still missing many of the songs that actually did great on the Billboard charts, etc. 

There are soooooo many songs released this year, that actually a Top 100 isn't even enough to cover everything, but that's why we're voting. Everyone may have some obscure songs that no one else knows, and those are their favorites, but the other songs that may not be their ultimate best, but that are somewhat good, and that most of the people agree on that, those are the ones that will end up adding more points, and will make the top of the list. And that's the interesting part to discover with this. We all may have that song that is so so, but it's the most popular because everyone will give it at least some points. Songs that only one person support, even if they give them the highest score, will most likely not make the cut, if there aren't more exhalers voting for them.

In the end, this is not about success on the charts, nor about the creme of nothing, but about what Exhalers like the most, which shouldn't necessarily go along with what the GP wants, or what the critics say in those cocky websites. 

And you don't have to vote for 100, you can vote for as many as you want, but your points won't have the same value. I'll clarify the rules on November 1st in a new thread, but basically, the more songs you vote for, the higher score your top songs will get. If you only vote for 10 or 20, your first song will still receive 100 points, but the other songs will receive less and less. So your 20th song will receive less points if you only submit 20 in total, than if you submit 50 or 60 or 100, with 100 being the limit. 

OK Einstein, go off... :wtfdidusay_wth_what_huh_again_who_confused_looking_around: I trust you now.

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

according to the internet this actually came out on November 20, 2020 so it's not eligible, but thanks for the rest

Edit: ok, I'll let it pass just because the music video came out in January, just like the Ava Max song

Thank you for your dedicated work on that topic @PokemonSpears! Can’t wait to see the final results :-)

• Love 1

@PokemonSpears I went through the songs and the lists have pretty much everything.. Because of my fish memory, I usually wait till my Spotify most played to know what songs I enjoyed lol. Some additions (I may have missed them in the list):

Die for You - Justin Bieber (March 2021)

Somebody - Justin Bieber (March 2021)

Electric - Katy Perry (May 2021)

Rainin' Fellas - Todrick Hall (June 2021)

And my current favorite song: Fancy Like - Walker Hayes (August 2021)  :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

• Like 1

I have a few more I’d like to add, I think they’re missing. I plan to make a full 100 ;)

Everyone sucks but you- Matt and Kim & K Flay (August 2021) 

Kiss My (Uh Oh)- Anne Marie & Little Mix (July 2021) 

Let Somebody Go- Coldplay & Selena Gomez (October 2021) 

Sabotage- Bebe Rexha (April 2021) 

Lean on Me- Cheat Codes & Tinashe 

(May 2021) 

Blame Myself- Illenium & Tori Kelly  (July 2021)

Diamondback- Carly Pearce (Feb 2021) 

Should’ve Known Better- Carly Pearce (Feb 2021) 

Chosen Family- Elton John & Rina Sawayama (October 2021) 

i don’t think any of these are on there 

• Like 1