EXHALE TOP 100 - Best songs of 2021: Submit your entries now! (Voting starts in November)

PokemonSpears

EXHALE TOP 100 - Best songs of 2021: Submit your entries now!  

88 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Agreed, but I mean you’re the one including overexposed *** songs by overexposed *** people like Kiss Me More, Montero, Peaches, Bad Habits, The Weeknd, STAY?! I mean you should be reserving judgment there my friend :nopingout_meme:

Okay because listing 25 obscure Taylor Swift songs in a row is normal.

We're trying to make a top songs OF THE YEAR? Not top songs OF PROVE ME HOW DIVERSE AND UNIQUE YOUR MUSIC TASTE IS. So of course there should be overexposed songs

I think you misunderstood the assignment

Sarcastic Sarcasm GIF

38 minutes ago, ElToxico said:

Okay because listing 25 obscure Taylor Swift songs in a row is normal.

We're trying to make a top songs OF THE YEAR? Not top songs OF PROVE ME HOW DIVERSE AND UNIQUE YOUR MUSIC TASTE IS. So of course there should be overexposed songs

I think you misunderstood the assignment

Sarcastic Sarcasm GIF

Actually no we are trying to do Exhale’s top songs REGARDLESS of popularity. You’re trying to mimic the Billboard Year-End Top 100. If you had just posted your songs and gone about your day I wouldn’t have said anything. I just find it ironic to call people out for their choices yet including the most overplayed songs of the year 

2 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Actually no we are trying to do Exhale’s top songs REGARDLESS of popularity. You’re trying to mimic the Billboard Year-End Top 100. If you had just posted your songs and gone about your day I wouldn’t have said anything. I just find it ironic to call people out for their choices yet including the most overplayed songs of the year 

well guess what

Vh1 Opinion GIF by America's Next Top Model

13 hours ago, ElToxico said:

This would be a much tidier thread if everyone would limit to submit to their top 5-10 songs instead of spamming with the same old boring re-released Taylor Swift songs......

well, it would, but not a lot of people are making suggestions, so we will see. Chances are we're gonna limit the entries per artist once we have all the suggestions, I'll see when the deadline is met.

The really important thing is to have the biggest amount of people voting, that will make the difference. Or if you don't want Taylor Swift songs to rank high, then you gotta vote for the others, even if you don't like them or even know them lol

I knew it was gonna be messy, that's why this whole thing is like an experiment. :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know: Every way I thought of doing it had its drawbacks, but I decided to go with this.

That's also why I'm planning to start the weekly Top 20 to decide next year's list in a more organized way, which should be more controlled about entries per artist, and in terms of being only the latest releases. But we'll see how many people get into that.

It's all about trying new things, probably they won't work, but tbh I can't blame people for being so apathetic when the new music has been so meh in recent times.

• Love 1
PokemonSpears
This post was recognized by PokemonSpears!

MyLittlePopstar was awarded the badge 'Great Support' and 15 points.

Star crossed- Kacey Musgraves (august) 

The One- Rita Ora (February) 

Four Letter Words- K. Flay  (June?) 

Show Off- Todrick Hall & Nicole Scherzinger (June) 

Stronger- Kesha/ Sam Feldt (January) 

Flames- Avril Lavigne/Mod Sun (January) 

Good Luck- Pia Mia/James Hype (June)

Marjorie- Taylor Swift (December) 

Justified- Kacey Musgraves (August) 

This Is How I learn to say no- Emeline (August) 

Wrecked- Imagine Dragons (July) 

Reckless- Madison Beer (June) 

You For Me- Sigala/Rita Ora (July) 

My Heart Goes (La Di Da) - Becky Hill/Topic (August) 

Breadwinner- Kacey Musgraves (September) 

There is a light (Kacey Musgraves) - September 

what doesn’t kill me- Kacey Musgraves (September) 

Hookup scene- Kacey Musgraves (September) 

Simple times- Kacey Musgraves (September) 

That’s what I want- Lil Nas X- September

Ya’aburnee- Halsey (August) 

Never Felt Like This- Devault & Kiarra (July) 

Happier Than Ever- Billie Eillish (July) 

• Love 1
PokemonSpears
This post was recognized by PokemonSpears!

lustwecantcontrol was awarded the badge 'Great Support' and 10 points.

Worst Behavior- Ariana Grande 

Test Drive- Ariana Grande

Simple Times- Kacey Musgraves

Camera Phone- Kacy Musgraves

What Doesn’t Kill Me- Kacey Musgraves

There Is A Light-  Kacey Musgraves

Cherry Blossom- Kacey Musgraves

Easier Said- Kacey Musgraves

If This Was A Movie- Kacey Musgraves

Healing- Fletcher 

Good Ones- Charli XCX

I Don’t Do *****- Doja Cat/Ariana Grande

Naked- Doja Cat

You Right- Doja Cat/ The Weeknd 

Deeper Love- Nick Jonas

Don’t Give Up On Us- Nick Jonas

This Is Heaven- Nick Jonas

Flowers- Marina 

Highly Emotional People- Marina 

Venus Flytrap (Kito Remix)- Marina/ Tove Lo

Lemme know if I did this wrong

Submissions:

• dancing in the kitchen - LANY
  • montero - lil nas x
  • hurricane - kanye west, the weeknd, lil baby
  • need to know - doja cat
  • driver's licence - olivia rodrigo
  • meet me at our spot - Willow, The Anxiety, Tyler Cole
  • ivy - taylor swift
  • cowboy like me - taylor swift
  • long story short - taylor swift
  • Like 1
On 10/4/2021 at 8:47 PM, glittershimmer said:

Lemme know if I did this wrong

Submissions:

• dancing in the kitchen - LANY
  • montero - lil nas x
  • hurricane - kanye west, the weeknd, lil baby
  • need to know - doja cat
  • driver's licence - olivia rodrigo
  • meet me at our spot - Willow, The Anxiety, Tyler Cole
  • ivy - taylor swift
  • cowboy like me - taylor swift
  • long story short - taylor swift

the only one that is not eligible is meet me at our spot, since it came out last year, unless it was released as a single this year, but I couldn't find any information on that

Well, so far we have 314 entries. I think we're good, we'll only wait for any releases in October and November I guess.

We have artists that have lots of entries, so we might have to do something at the time of the voting to stop them from crowding the final top. On November 1st I'll announce the process of voting with all the definitive rules.

I think I'll also start parallel to this with the weekly Top 20 either in November, or at the very latest, December, so we can start the tracking of next year's top songs.

Songs pt 2

Love Again - Dua Lipa

Million To One - Camila Cabello

Perfect - Camila Cabello, Nicholas Galitzine

Hey Gringo - KALEO

Mon Cheri - Sofi Tukker, Amadou & Mariam

Venus Fly Trap (Sofi Tukker Remix) - Marina

Belle, Belle! - Naïka

My Head & My Heart - Ava Max

EveryTime I Cry - Ava Max 

Run It - DJ Snake, Rick Ross, Rich Brian

XXXTRA - Iggy Azalea

s** on the Beach - Iggy Azalea, Sophia Scott

N.Y.E - Iggy Azalea, Alice Charter

Fire - Kah-Lo

I Don’t Want You - Riton, RAYE

Friday - Riton, Nightcrawlers, Mufasa & Hypeman, Dopamine 

• Like 1
20 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

My Head & My Heart - Ava Max

according to Wikipedia this song came out in November 2020 :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red: 

but I included it just because the video supposedly came out in February :typing_keyboard_computer: 

or is there another version? Because I also read something about an acoustic version or something but I couldn't find it as a single

3 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

according to Wikipedia this song came out in November 2020 :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red: 

but I included it just because the video supposedly came out in February :typing_keyboard_computer: 

or is there another version? Because I also read something about an acoustic version or something but I couldn't find it as a single

Spotify says January 29, 2021 :typing_keyboard_computer:

4 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Spotify says January 29, 2021 :typing_keyboard_computer:

this is the official video I found on her channel, it says November 2020

but I couldn't find it on Apple, which is where I've been checking the dates of most of the songs. On Apple Music it only shows me the Kastra Remix, released on January 28 (maybe that's the one you mention), the Acoustic (released on February)  then the Claptone Remix from March 4.

14 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

this is the official video I found on her channel, it says November 2020

but I couldn't find it on Apple, which is where I've been checking the dates of most of the songs. On Apple Music it only shows me the Kastra Remix, released on January 28 (maybe that's the one you mention), the Acoustic (released on February)  then the Claptone Remix from March 4.

Spotify has the dates messed up. I remembered there was a reason I hadn’t included it previously, but when I saw the date on Spotify I decided to include it. Oh well you can include the Kastra Remix instead

• Like 1