EXHALE TOP 100 - Best songs of 2021: Submit your entries now! (Voting starts in November)

PokemonSpears

EXHALE TOP 100 - Best songs of 2021: Submit your entries now!  

88 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

So I'm confused about these, and Wikipedia isn't very helpful lol

What Wikipedia says is that the anniversary edition contains 2 discs, 1 with all the tracks and b sides, and the disc 2 with new remixes or previously unreleased tracks. That makes only Little Lady Love and All Around the World count as "new".

But Sometimes and Girls' Nite Out appear on the disc 1. Were these songs truly unreleased, as in, they weren't even B sides before?

Sometimes and Girls' Nite Out were previously unreleased as well, so Wikipedia is kinda wrong. Tracks 13-16 on disc one were the album b-sides (and were previously released, just not included on the original album's tracklisting) and 17-20 are previously unreleased.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

THAT.SONG.GIVES.ME.LIIIIIIIIIFE.

I think it'll be my number two pick of the year after "Swimming in the Stars".

I really liked it :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

that Jonas song too. I'm not a fan of them, but stumbled upon that song by accident, and I really liked it. Then I found out it was written by Max Martin and Rami Yacoub, I was like, of course :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
PokemonSpears
This post was recognized by PokemonSpears!

SlayOut was awarded the badge 'Great Support' and 15 points.

Without further ado, I have some submissions. :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink: I referenced the list on the OP to ensure no duplicates, but not knowing if it was recently updated, I apologize if I have repeats.

Also, shoutout to @MyLittlePopstar for having flawless taste and selecting the majority of Kacey Musgraves star-crossed for their submissions. :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye: Most of my work here is done!

SEPTEMBER 2021

• Have Mercy – Chlöe (9/10)
  • good wife – Kacey Musgraves (9/10)
  • Silk Chiffon (feat. Phoebe Bridgers) – MUNA (9/7)

AUGUST 2021

• Coastin' – Victoria Monet (8/5)

JULY 2021

• Oxytocin – Billie Eilish (7/30)
  • I Didn't Change My Number – Billie Eilish (7/30)
  • Fast Car – Syd (7/16)
  • Wild Side (feat. Cardi B) – Normani (7/16)

MAY 2021

• Ready Is Always Too Late – Sinead Harnett (5/21)
  • Stay – Sinead Harnett (5/21)
  • Hard 4 Me 2 Love You – Sinead Harnett (5/21)
  • Last Love – Sinead Harnett (5/21)

APRIL 2021

• My Girlfriends Are My Boyfriends (feat. Sweetie) – Demi Lovato (4/1)

FEBRUARY 2021

• BOY**** – Madison Beer (2/26)

• Stay Numb and Carry On – Madison Beer (2/26)

• Emotional Bruises – Madison Beer (2/26)

• Up – Cardi B (2/5)

JANUARY 2021

• Best Friend (feat. Doja Cat) – Saweetie (1/8)

DECEMBER 2020

• Easy (feat. Kacey Musgraves) – Troye Sivan (12/10)
  • Love 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, bas che said:

Excited to know how this plays out. Will there more than one round? Several qualifiers and a finale!m? How does it work

Nah, it would be just one voting. 

Each person will give me their list of songs, from 1 being the best, to as many songs as they want (100 is the limit). 

Depending on the position of the song, and the total amount of songs they're submitting, each song will receive a score (the more songs you submit, the higher their score is gonna be for your top songs, but I'll explain that on a new thread in November) 

So I'm just gonna add all the scores, and pick the 100 highest scores. Unless there's a lot of ties, I don't think there will be any additional rounds. 

But I'm starting a weekly Top 20 sometime this year, probably in late November or December, and this will be the new method to decide next year's Top 100. But I'll explain that in due time too. 

8 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

Nah, it would be just one voting. 

Each person will give me their list of songs, from 1 being the best, to as many songs as they want (100 is the limit). 

Depending on the position of the song, and the total amount of songs they're submitting, each song will receive a score (the more songs you submit, the higher their score is gonna be for your top songs, but I'll explain that on a new thread in November) 

So I'm just gonna add all the scores, and pick the 100 highest scores. Unless there's a lot of ties, I don't think there will be any additional rounds. 

But I'm starting a weekly Top 20 sometime this year, probably in late November or December, and this will be the new method to decide next year's Top 100. But I'll explain that in due time too. 

Okay this is exciting I like the weekly top songs to ultimately have a more solid shortlisted songs. Thanks for always improving this.

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
11 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

@SlayOut If I haven't done it by the end of the week, please remind me to add the entries I haven't added. I'm always out of time :deadbanana_pbj_peanut_butter_jelly_time_yellow:

No worries! I’ll come knocking on your door if I don’t see them! :emma: You’re still quite the legend for coordinating this extravaganza! :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

• Like 1