Are we hypocrites for using these Britney emoticons?

2 hours ago, Onyxgirl17 said:

I don’t use them and I don’t like when other people use them but to each their own. It brings me pain to see her in pain. 

I’m gonna add a little bit to this. I actually don’t really mind that much when people use it on this forum because everyone here empathizes and knows Britney’s situation but I have friends outside of this forum that use these gifs and it does bother me because they are kinda using them in jest without understanding… it kinda like when people use that picture of Britney crying with baby Sean after almost being tripped by hundreds of paparazzi.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, Brother Shawn said:

I respect and value all of y’all’s opinion. I guess I’m just being protective of her. I’m trying to see it her way. I doubt she’d like to see her pain being used as a meme. That’s just my opinion tho. I’m not making this out to be “woke” or “sensitive.” Just trying to do her right. :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

I think the same way. 

• Love 1
  • Super Mods

I mean if we're going to retire emotes because Britney is emoting sadness/frustration in them, then maybe we should retire some members for their harsh/critical takes on Britney too? :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

I don't think people use the emotes with bad intention. Plus we never questioned it for the past 13 years and are only now doing so. Sure it's healthy to invite that conversation and reevaluate why we're using them. But maybe it comes down to personal decisions in this instance. If you want to use them, go for it, and if you don't want to, then don't.

This emote conversation reminds me of people's perspective on boycotting the streaming/buying of Britney's music. :parisok_hilton_chewing_gum_pink_phone_Reading:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 3
  • Super Mods

It depends on how you use the emoticons cause if you use it in a way to make fun of

or belittle Britney, its bad.

However if you're using them to express how you're feeling and you feel that that emoticon

represents you completely, I see nothing wrong with using it.

You gotta remember that the reason why we have emoticons is to show how we're feeling.

It would be hypocritical to only take away the sad Britney ones while leaving the ones

of other celebs.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Derrick said:

I have used them a few times and honestly now I feel bad about it. I also say let’s retire them. We stand for Britney! Not for Britney in sadness/pain. 

Uh can we not? What the hell? I'm sick and tired of the extreme censorship in America. Stop cancelling everything just because you don't like something. There's nothing better than FREEDOM to choose.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, femmepop said:

It's hard not to use them cause Britney is so perfectly expressive with ALL her emotions... happy, angry, sad

I feel like in this forum we know that we're not making fun of her pain when we use them.

we just relate to how human and vulnerable she was in those moments.

But if Britney ever poked her head in here and saw us using them I guess I would feel bad?

I hope she understands that it's just cause we think she's iconic.

But maybe I could try to stop using them since some of y'all do have a point.:lollipop_britney_sucker_dancing_party_2012:

You summed it up perfectly 

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, Easy There said:

No.

If we go by that logic.

White ppl using black ppl emojis could be considered racist.

Gloria is also a use of a black woman going teough some emotional stuff.

Orange is dying gorilla. Etc. Etc.

We are gonna have to retire all of them

2020s are full of this kind of logic. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

4 minutes ago, Nickey said:

2020s are full of this kind of logic. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

Yeah.

It's always a mess regarding it on Twitter.

It's like ppl these days (mostly in UsA) aren't living in real world and have no real life problems. Then again social media is the pits 50%of the time. You can't never win

• Love 2

I am proud of how she has reacted in all those horrible horrible interviews. That she acted completely normal in those impossible situations. She showed her inner voice and heart. It makes me furious. I think we use them because we or most of us feels that what she did was grand! That people think and say degrading things about her is just the devils work. Even she can understand that. But if she would to say that she doesn't want us to use them, in some words. We need to stop and apologize. It's hard because she's not capable now. I have thought about it quite a lot throughout all the years here. I see the emoticons as a tribute to her! How I wish we knew how she's feeling and thinking about us lovers... I am worrying a lot about her. I wonder how you feel about this as a tribute? 

Okay. Should we cancel this emote too? :orangu_orangutan_ape: It's a monkey literally on the verge of dying. Should we also remove this emote? :tired_so_there_head_tilt_annoyed_see_rose_mcgowan: Rose was talking of a very disturbing and dark matter. Should we retire this emoji? :awks_britney_side_eye_awkward_2011_ff_femme_Fatale: Britney obviously wasn't in a good place when this video was recorded. Should we let this emote go to? :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger: The woman was sharing a sad story in which she was even crying!
So many of these emotes have a dark history also, so should we let go of 85% of the emotes? :imacat_cat_hiss_meme_white_kitty_mad: I am pretty sure none of us also are using those emotes for malicious or ill intentions so whats the point? 

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Okay. Should we cancel this emote too? :orangu_orangutan_ape: It's a monkey literally on the verge of dying. Should we also remove this emote? :tired_so_there_head_tilt_annoyed_see_rose_mcgowan: Rose was talking of a very disturbing and dark matter. Should we retire this emoji? :awks_britney_side_eye_awkward_2011_ff_femme_Fatale: Britney obviously wasn't in a good place when this video was recorded. Should we let this emote go to? :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger: The woman was sharing a sad story in which she was even crying!
So many of these emotes have a dark history also, so should we let go of 85% of the emotes? :imacat_cat_hiss_meme_white_kitty_mad: I am pretty sure none of us also are using those emotes for malicious or ill intentions so whats the point? 

:gloria_falling_stairs_trip: 

• Haha 1

I'm guilty of using them to show emotion on this forum but I can understand why some people might not be okay with them. Those interviews are definitely some of Britney's saddest moments throughout her career imo.

I'm not a fan of the recently added gunney emoticon though, but that's just me.