you tube turned to ****

Compared to 10 years ago current you tube:

1 has enormous amount of ads you cant skip

2 trending page is ****ed up

3 you tubers keep getting exposed as scumbags and you cant stop but think- who the f am i watching/supporting. this is disgusting

4 you tubers are scumbags (not all of them but a lot of them) and legit psychos that should be in jail not you tube- examples- creepshow art vs emily artful - how the f creepshow isnt in jail???

5 ****ty content in general. older videos are the only good ones

6 things you cant relate to- flex culture, new gen z things... nothing to relate to

7 infiltration of tik tok on you tube- I absolutely hate tik tok. I think it's ruining the society and I hate the fact it got its way on you tube

You tube was a big part of my teen days and college and it was useful and fun - you could watch useful lectures or listen to music without ads

there were funny you tubers- jenna marbles, kingsley... now all you can get is super rich you tubers who flex on everything possible and I hate it. I cant find vids I'd like. I only rewatch old videos. Nowadays, documentaries and just full albums cuz everything else is pure ****.

And I feel so old for that app that I completely deleted it from the phone and I watch it only on computer for maybe 30 mins a day. I hate it.

• Love 7
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

You just need a blocker, then you add this custom rule: youtube.com##.ytp-ce-element to remove the end screen overlays

About "youtubers" I've never really followed any, I mean, those that are just like them talking stuff, unless it's a celebrity I know for something else, and most of the time I just watch videos from channels that have great content, that talk about space, science, fossils, or just general knowledge, or I watch channels that come from TV shows I know, or ASMR channels (the original ones, not the ones that jumped on the trend years later) and yeah, and other than that I just watch music videos, performances, etc.

It used to be way cooler of course, when there was no ads, when videos weren't removed due to copyright claims, but there's still great content out there, you just need to learn how to search for it.

• Love 2
  • Like 2

Youtube has one big plus for uploaders - they filter most of the restricted videos automatically without blocking you.

i think youtube has turned to ****+too yes

i am giving my head about that the quality of videos get worse and worse and worse and i am not talking about pixels

plus, its harder and harder and harder and harder harder and harder and harder and harder harder and harder and harder and harder harder and harder and harder and harder harder and harder and harder and harder harder and harder and harder and harder harder and harder and harder and harder harder and harder and harder and harder harder and harder and harder and harder harder and harder and harder and harder harder and harder and harder and harder harder and harder and harder and harder harder and harder and harder and harder harder and harder and harder and harder harder and harder and harder and harder harder and harder and harder and harder harder and harder and harder and harder harder and harder and harder and harder harder and harder and harder and harder harder and harder and harder and harder harder and harder and harder and harder harder and harder and harder and harder harder and harder and harder and harder harder and harder and harder and harder harder and harder and harder and harder harder and harder and harder and harder 

harder to do what?

harder to download videos.

plese don't take this a spam

i mean it

it is supposed to express my anger! even a school rule in ******* essays says that it is okay to use repetitive words when there is a reason and here my reason is anger.

is it hard to be a good teacher? my teacher , i turned my essay to her and found my 2 times or 3 times repeating words good but she said it is not in the reasonable rule. **** teachers. of course i didn't do something as risky and outrageous as here lol

but nowadays - i can't download videos from internet or audio

from places

can anybody DM me to try to help?

i waste hours trying to download what i want these two days and just can't

i am infuriated

anyway

vimeo is better than youtube

netflix is better than youtube

viki is better than youtube

and i am so angry about how youtube separates audio and video and how youtube videos have turned into ultra **** quality

and by the way even youtube audio is worse

nowhere to turn now almost

only thing that is nearly okay is when i download movies

and watch them on Pot or Media P

i mean i see it

the decrease of the quality of youtube videos

'

funny thing i loved watching 144p videos just 2-3 years ago

and now i can't stand them

because codec or something is changed?

right??

Unfortunately it's not YouTube, the record companies has been the one deeming copyright claims, they want their money, and they are making sure that any free use of copyrighted work gets block.

The problem is unless it's public domain (Christmas songs) or songs that are literally 80 years old, but the music we like isn't in public domain, public domain happens 75 years after an artist his died, but that's unlikely given how artists teams create estates to preserve legacies and material so public domain is unlikely to happen to any type of music icon. 

My biggest issues with YouTube nowadays;

• Youtube is WAY too strict over creators content. The fact that there's over 20k banned words that you CAN'T use in videos or it will be demonetized is very telling. Some of the words make no sense, like "Activation" "911" "Accuse" "profit" "reading" etc.
  • The copyright system is completely busted. Some videos get automatically banned before user even uploads them, some videos get copyright striked by someone who doesn't even own the copyrights. 2 seconds of random song playing in the background? Demonetized.
  • All the original YouTube "stars" who used to make comfy content that everyone loved to watch, have turned into soulless money grabbers. Every major youtuber now has huge team behind them and new video is pushed out 5-7 times per week with no actual content whatsoever. There's literally nothing personal about them anymore.
  • Corporations have taken over. YouTube even gives free pass for billion dollar corporations. They can do whatever they want while content creators have to plan everything ahead because they are too scared of demonetization.
  • The recommendation algorithm ******* sucks now. Same recommendations are displayed again and again (I even get recommended something that has been recommended for me for like 4 years), already watched videos pop up again and again, you watch one video from someone you're not interested in and their videos are recommended for the next 4 months. Seriously I scrolled through about 50 recommendations and none of them interested me enough to click. 
  •  New features are bad and they keep removing old features instead of making them better (annotations for example). The newly introduced "shorts" feature was supposed to be competitor for TikTok, but it is literally cringey ripped-from-tiktok-videos. Stories are useless, comments layout keep changing like every year for no reason etc 

Long are gone the times when I would open youtube after school or work and watch videos for the rest of the day. There was endless amounts of content waiting and I would never get bored. Now I only watch videos when certain peoples upload something. :canthandleit_cry_katy_sob_sad_tears:

• Love 2
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

YouTube is amazing but will eventually become corporatized to the point that we will have to flee to go somewhere else. You can learn so much on YouTube 

Ironically it's the most popular streaming service among conservatives cos while it does censor, unlike Netflix or other platforms, it hasn't gone full woke..

Netflix began losing subscribers when they basically allowed the french film cuties to be on their platform, and woke shows like dear white people, and the deal with the Obama's, was pissing people off, they even said Trump would never get major platform deals outside daily wire or fox nation, so conservative areas leaving Netflix. Forbes said 15 million dollars loss might not look bad on paper, but eventually it adds up so business wise Netflix is losing money, people want to be entertained, escape the world for a few hours, not have entertainment with agendas but that's Hollywood which at one point pre 90s was actually conservative, so not many people know for decades Hollywood was very conservative, it changed in the era of bill Clinton which was expected of course..but people forgot the golden era of Hollywood had many Republican actors and actresses. But that's a by gone era. 

30 minutes ago, THE_MIKY said:

Well I mean someone has to paid the people who creates the content.

Back in the day we used to buy CDs that were not cheap. Now we want all free?

18.99, for the album you worked with your allowance which depending on what chore you did that Saturday for like two months was gone fast, many of us just bought the cassette album cos it was cheaper than the cd. 

CD was a Christmas gift of a birthday gift luxury to us kids. Tapes were more affordable plus the walkmans were easier to afford as well. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, F3rzz said:

guys i know muricans loove their iphones, but if you pay through your laptop or desktop it's 12 Dollars :) and it comes with youtube music so you can say bye to spotify or apple trashic :) 

I've noticed the ads are more on my tv, on my phone I've had more control. 

YouTube Music is amazing as well..

I feel spotify is more overhyped and overrated, just because it's the first and user friendly doesn't make it the best. 

Plus the industry attacked spotify but not the ones that make you pay to use it. 

3 hours ago, Stannedforever said:

My biggest issues with YouTube nowadays;

• Youtube is WAY too strict over creators content. The fact that there's over 20k banned words that you CAN'T use in videos or it will be demonetized is very telling. Some of the words make no sense, like "Activation" "911" "Accuse" "profit" "reading" etc.

WHHHHAT??? 😩

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block