Britney Spears allowed to choose own attorney, believes a goal of the conservatorship team was to kill her, wants to press charges against her father (July 14th court hearing)

8 minutes ago, autumngoodbye91 said:

The fact that her own family was vacationing at her beach house while they had her locked up in a mental health facility against her will... These people are sick, evil. A family of narcissists and sociopaths. Britney needs to get as far away from these people as possible. There's a lot of healing to be done and I really hope she can start healing from all this trauma and abuse soon.

I'm so venomously angry right now 

9 minutes ago, phareezy said:

Thank you!! Here’s an excerpt.

Britney Spears broke down in tears during Wednesday's hearing, explaining to the judge that she was “extremely scared” of her father, James “Jamie” Spears, and that she is not willing to be evaluated in order to remove him.

Britney Spears said her issues with her father went back years, from when her parents left her alone in their trailer multiple times a week. She said she used to fear that Jamie Spears would "show up drunk and embarrass her," referencing her father's past issues with alcoholism.

“I’m here to get rid of my dad and charge him with conservatorship abuse,” she said. Later she added that she wanted him investigated and that “this conservatorship has allowed my dad to ruin my life.”

She told the court that every part of her life has been controlled, down to her diet, and that she worked 70 hours a week.

"Their goal was to make me feel crazy and I'm not," she said. "And that's not OK."

Britney Spears asked the court last month for the right to choose her own counsel, alleging that she was not made aware of her right to terminate the conservatorship and that she felt silenced by Ingham.

• Love 8