Bessemer Trust withdraws as co-conservators over Britney's estate citing "irreparable harm to her interests"

Britney’s case is unprecedented. A lot that happens shouldn’t. From its very inception it bent the rules or flat out broke them. 

Britney’s testimony wasent coached, it was raw. It had to be, for the first time In 13 years it felt like BRITNEY. This is why it touched her fans across the world and caused this wave of support.

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, Isla said:

Hmm I'm not sure how to feel about this. It means Jamie is still in control of the entire c-ship but they may have withdrawn because of this whole mess. 

Yeah, but I’m certain that after this twist, JAMIE AND THE GANG are fully aware just how much under the microscope they are 🙌🏻😎

• Like 1

Britney DID sign a "Nomination of Consevator" naming Bessemer Trust August 27, 2020, probably believing it would get rid of her father.   For some reason Sam Ingham did not get the court to sign the order giving Bessemer authority until yesterday.  I don't think Bessemer liked that.   They were never given any assets, just the liability.

Edited by monamontgomery
Added date of Britney's signature on the Nomination
17 minutes ago, ftr:itsbrit***** said:

I don’t agree with this at all! If you have a brain and a heart, you’ll know that it doesn’t matter how she said it (which was fine, by the way), but rather, what she said that matters. Point blank: the conservatorship is an abusive hybrid business model and the evidence continues to mount as such. We shouldn’t be placing blame on a victim who’s suffered unimaginable abuse for HOW she said things. **** that. She’s traumatized and now they want her to give a lawyer-esque speech? Even in captivity, she’s expected to perform perfectly. **** that. It’s part of the problem and unhelpful. Don’t come here with that ****

Trust me, I have a brain thank you very much. I was responding to someone raising the point her testimony may do harm. I stated lawyers who work in probate courts in an article weighed in and they all agreed with that sentiment. No one is denying her testimony wasn’t groundbreaking or isn’t illuminating injustices in the case. That doesn’t mean those who are professionals in the practice are wrong in that her attorney should have coached her properly in how to have the most impact with what she says.

If you had a brain, sis, you’d be able to acknowledge the fair criticism which really isn’t of Britney but of her attorney not doing his job to best prep his client. Stick to your job at Walmart, don’t come here with this juvenile sensationalism. 

• Like 1
Just now, monamontgomery said:

Britney DID sign a request to let Bessemer on board but for some reason Sam Ingham did not get the court to sign the order giving Bessemer authority until yesterday.  I don't think Bessemer liked that.   They were never given any assets, just the liability.

Britney was probably forced to sign, while at they same time they told Bessemer the conservatorship was voluntarily. Since they now know she was forced to sign, they're being smart in publicly announcing the reason behind their withdrawal...They really didn't even have to do that and yet they did. 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, MmmBop said:

Several lawyers were interviewed in an article I read and they all agreed while her testimony was groundbreaking, they suspect it may do more harm because she swore a couple times, she was talking very fast, a little all over the place at times, etc etc. They said there’s zero way she’d be let out without an evaluation. They also all agreed her speech should have been coached by her attorney… so once again, she was set to take the fall it would seem by her lawyer who didn’t prepare her properly to speak to the judge. Her testimony honestly did not sound like it was peer reviewed in any way which on one hand it’s great because it was genuine but on the other hand if it can be used against her then it’s not good. 

I've seen other legal opinions about it. Some lawyers said the fact the judge didn't interrupt Britney for the swearing and asserted with her head during Britney's testimony shows that considering the emotional depth of Britney's speech she understood she was nervous and angry and therefore could view the swearing and talking fast as reasonable and fitting for this situation, even giving more credibility to what she was saying as more realistic and less articulated. They said it's not unusual for important testimonies involving abusive and traumatizing events to include this. Also the fact that her lawyer pointed very clearly that he did not instruct Britney or influence her testimony in any capacity and it was all coming from her own words makes it more valid in that formalities and legal language is usually the job of legal experts not witnesses and/or victims. 

Even politicians and authorities  are using her testimony as a strong one, so I don't see the jugde taking issues with that. The evaluation is more about if anyone contest her petition to terminate it - which even she assumed will happen - and she only pleaded not to go thought it again because they make this process very torturous for her. I think it will depend more on her case to terminate it, the evidences and arguments she's gonna present and how willing she will be to any care plan they present for her. On ET a legal expert said she can use all the work she has done for the past 13 years as evidence and he considers that a strong case because of the amount of things she did. With her plea the judge can also consider a third party evaluation with no involvement with any of the parties if being evaluated is inevitable. 

1 minute ago, 2K16NEY said:

I believe this is a good thing. They are resigning for the sake of Britney's own interests. Their statement that they were led to believe 'the conservatorship was voluntary' is noteworthy because it tells the judge and the courts that they were lied to and misled by Britney's own lawyer. 

Sam Ingham needs to resign immediately. Brenda needs to step up and allow Britney her own counsel. This is beyond ridiculous and it's become clear now that Vivian and Samuel are on the same team here. 

Exactly. All evidence leads to Samuel Ingham needing to step down immediately. 

• Love 4