Bessemer Trust withdraws as co-conservators over Britney's estate citing "irreparable harm to her interests"

48 minutes ago, Arianna said:

Doesn’t Bessemer have ties to Lou or did I imagine that? If so I’m glad.. 

Nope, I'm sure they were independent (in fact, they said in the court filing they told them it was a voluntary cship). The legal team Ingham hired to fight back Jamie's request has ties with Lou and Team Cship 

• Like 3
50 minutes ago, ZoneGirl said:

Agreed. I'm concerned that her testimony may have an opposite effect in court compared to what it's having among fans and the public. At the same time, she said Jodi had started to take things too far and even though Jamie suggested her to be brought on after being her care manager, I mistakenly somehow thought she was considered an independent third party.  Anyway, I'll keep praying for her.

Several lawyers were interviewed in an article I read and they all agreed while her testimony was groundbreaking, they suspect it may do more harm because she swore a couple times, she was talking very fast, a little all over the place at times, etc etc. They said there’s zero way she’d be let out without an evaluation. They also all agreed her speech should have been coached by her attorney… so once again, she was set to take the fall it would seem by her lawyer who didn’t prepare her properly to speak to the judge. Her testimony honestly did not sound like it was peer reviewed in any way which on one hand it’s great because it was genuine but on the other hand if it can be used against her then it’s not good. 

So britneys biggest wish to get her oppressor ( not gonna ever call him “dad” again) the hell out of picture is once again neglected. Ofc this is good in a way for raising more awareness but holy.. britney must feel horrible. So F up

1 minute ago, MmmBop said:

Several lawyers were interviewed in an article I read and they all agreed while her testimony was groundbreaking, they suspect it may do more harm because she swore a couple times, she was talking very fast, a little all over the place at times, etc etc. They said there’s zero way she’d be let out without an evaluation. They also all agreed her speech should have been coached by her attorney… so once again, she was set to take the fall it would seem by her lawyer who didn’t prepare her properly to speak to the judge. Her testimony honestly did not sound like it was peer reviewed in any way which on one hand it’s great because it was genuine but on the other hand if it can be used against her then it’s not good. 

She has been set up to fail in every way possible. She will persevere and people will see through the CON job now.

9 minutes ago, BritneyLVR said:

That’s bad. Real bad… Who knows what he will do now. 

Yes and no...It would have been bad if they withdrew in private, but given they gave a public statement and stated the reason why (irreparable damage to Britney) can only bring positive things to Britney. Everything is crumbling down.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, GirlOnTheMoon said:

Yes and no...It would have been bad if they withdrew in private, but given they gave a public statement and stated the reason why (irreparable damage to Britney) can only bring positive things to Britney. Everything is crumbling down.

Agree with this. That’s the one good thing, the silver lining here. They made a public statement and it seems to have been made with Britney’s best interests in mind. So kudos to Bessemer for upholding their integrity. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2

Agree with this. That’s the one good thing, the silver lining here. They made a public statement and it seems to have been made with Britney’s best interests in mind. So kudos to Bessemer for upholding their integrity. 

Exactly! I might be wrong but I think its definitely something positive, the filing also says the firm was told the conservatorship was voluntary. Filing says company wasn’t aware Britney wanted out until her speech last week in court.

• Love 4
  • Like 1

Lol This makes them all look bad. This was Ingham’s solution and he couldn’t even get Bessemer in at all. They said, byeeeee. 

Bessemer’s statement is damming to the entire conservatorship and makes Ingham and Brenda look bad too. 7 months to file paperwork????

Ingham must be removed ASAP. He doesn’t have it in him to terminate. Or even be a decent lawyer. :drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad:

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Watch Me Work It said:

I hope somebody mentions this in the next hearing

Right… the actual Conservatorship

was supposedly voluntary. Everyone has been lied to in regards to Britney’s wishes and the only person who was supposed to speak on behalf of Britney , Ingham has been lying the whole time. 

• Love 3
  • Like 1
57 minutes ago, MmmBop said:

This isn’t good. This isn’t a win. If Britney is trapped in the conservatorship she at least could have some peace of mind her father could no longer act solely on his own and there would have been an independent third party working in her best interests alongside him (at least temporarily until he was removed). 

If we are indeed missing something such as imperative medical evaluations done over the years which will secure Britney in this for some time to come, then we should only want independent third party professionals working for her, not her family.

This is one perspective for sure but also it puts more pressure and speculation on the conservatorship and the judge and other people involved. If I had to say I think generally speaking it's better for Brit this happened. Because just think about it, right now this conservatorship is being very negatively covered and seen, what they need in order to fix that or at least to improve the way it's being painted - do damage control - is to place more mechanisms of investigation and balancing, one way being to appoint third party companies with some credibility. With that not only the judge but the others involved will have something to present as to show that they have done something about Britney's concerns. This also gives more weapons to the conservators lawyers in terms of proof they don't have full power and therefore can't fully control Britney as she testified. 

Now with they withdrawing it only further showcases how much of a mess the arrengment is and makes it lose more credibility weakening it even more from a legal perspective, also they pretty much sided with Britney in their reason to withdraw which gives more arguments to her case.

• Love 3
  • Like 2
Just now, Forever222 said:

Lol This makes them all look bad. This was Ingham’s solution and he couldn’t even get Bessemer in at all. They said, byeeeee. 

Bessemer’s statement is damming to the entire conservatorship and makes Ingham and Brenda look bad too. 7 months to file paperwork????

Ingham must be removed ASAP. He doesn’t have it in him to terminate. Or even be a decent lawyer. :drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad:

He’s the most useless garbage lawyer I’ve ever heard of in my entire life. He should quietly retire after this. You’d think any lawyer with their head screwed on right would be HONOURED to represent Britney (even if court appointed) and would work tooth and nail to terminate and get her free to demonstrate to future big wig clients they are incredible at their job. He literally just shat the bed this whole f^cking time. 

• Love 1
  • Like 5
8 minutes ago, MmmBop said:

I agree that she should have been coached and that under normal circumstances it wouldn’t have helped since she would have been pleading to a room full of people with zero interest in what she has to say and let alone to put an end to their paychecks.

BUT this case is different from others in the sense that her public testimony put a TREMENDOUS spotlight and pressure on the case that is honestly needed. It got the whole case out of the shadows and into the light, which will benefit her going forward.

• Love 4
  • Like 1

He’s the most useless garbage lawyer I’ve ever heard of in my entire life. He should quietly retire after this. You’d think any lawyer with their head screwed on right would be HONOURED to represent Britney (even if court appointed) and would work tooth and nail to terminate and get her free to demonstrate to future big wig clients they are incredible at their job. He literally just shat the bed this whole f^cking time. 

He should lose his job and license at minimum … 

• Love 4