Mariah Carey liked this shady JLo Tweet

Other comments are saying obsessed but I see it as until J.Lo admits/being accountable of what she did to Mariah (Loverboy/I’m real Sample) and being Tommy’s puppet, Mariah will continue to shade her. Yes J.Lo and at small part Jessica simpson were brought up to go against Mariah and failed! Both artists maybe didn’t know they were being pitted against Mariah but over time it should be seen as obvious! 

200.gif

• Love 2

I love Mariah but damn, is she still pressed over the sample thing? Loverboy sounded so much better with the Candy sample than with the Firecracker one and iirc even Mariah acknowledged that the final version was superior, so why's she still throwing shade at JLo and Sony, especially the former who probably had nothing to do with the usage of the Firecracker sample on I'm Real anyway given that she doesn't produce her own songs in the first place? 

• Like 4

I've rewatched the video from the tweet like 5 times and the only person really being shaded is Tommy Mottola. Am I missing something? I'm aware of the backstory with JLo/Tommy Mottola vs Mimi, but seems like  a reach to say she's shading JLo here. 

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, bruinoc said:

I've rewatched the video from the tweet like 5 times and the only person really being shaded is Tommy Mottola. Am I missing something? I'm aware of the backstory with JLo/Tommy Mottola vs Mimi, but seems like  a reach to say she's shading JLo here. 

Not even shading anyone. He’s just stating the truth about him, about his actions and about his intent.

Mariah knows Tommy, she knows what he did and why he did it. So naturally, she identifies with this statement and agrees.

• Like 3

Everyone saying she needs to get over it needs to really think of the history of Mariah and Tommy. Imagine after years of abuse finally breaking free and being able to have the opportunity to prove yourself as an artist and not just a product of a record executive /your abuser for him to turn around and build someone else up with the same style of music you’ve been trying to do for years but was shut down about for the sole purpose of Sabotaging that opportunity. 
it’s only natural she would resent JLO whether it was warranted  or not especially when the media kept harping on it. 
mariah had a rough couple of years while JLO was starting a successful music career in the same time 

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block