The Weeknd: I won't be submitting my music for future Grammys despite their new rule change

• Leader

weeknd-ra.jpg.0e0242230160b797b8940b498377fd64.jpg

Despite having some of the best-charting music of all time, The Weeknd was iced out of the 2021 Grammys. That was, in part, because of the Recording Academy's secret committee. 

In an effort to become more transparent, the RA announced they're getting rid of them. The Weeknd is like :parisok_hilton_chewing_gum_pink_phone_Reading:

“The trust has been broken for so long between the Grammy organization and artists that it would be unwise to raise a victory flag,” he tells Variety

He won't be submitting his music in the future for consideration. However, he does say that the move is “an important start.”

“I think the industry and public alike need to see the transparent system truly at play for the win to be celebrated, but it’s an important start,” he continues. “I remain uninterested in being a part of the Grammys, especially with their own admission of corruption for all these decades. I will not be submitting in the future.”

Tbh I see where he's coming from. The RA is hanging on by a thread :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

Related:

• Like 2

I'm 100% on his side and I believe the Grammys are a flawed and outdated institution. But would he be saying all this and coming at them this way for months had he been nominated? I don't think so. I hope he realizes his music or him as an artist don't hold more value than every other musician in the world just because he's been very successful. He should be humble.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Style. said:

I’m so glad he’s speaking his truth. ‘After Hours’ was a huge era and the way they snubbed him is disgusting. 

Can we take back the Grammy given to the Milli Vanilli Of Rap? Mediocrity won already so they can kiss my ***. :selena_red_carpet_gomez_um_stare:

Was already takes away 30 years ago.

Btw, what’s the secret committee? Is there an article on this, where they explain what it is? Do you have to suck the secret committees **** or pay them? Or do you have to pay them to suck their **** in order to get a Grammy? If so, Beyoncé’s been really busy all these years even more then we thought she was busy. 

• Like 1

Said it before and I'll say it again, artists who talk too much or obsesses about awards are tacky af and self absorbed. STOP talking about all the accolades and recognition you think you deserve.

You let OTHER people do those things FOR you on your behalf

Get over it already this is so desperate.:jeanluc_ashamed_embarrassed_hide_facepalm_meme:

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Korb said:

Said it before and I'll say it again, artists who talk too much or obsesses about awards are tacky af and self absorbed. STOP talking about all the accolades and recognition you think you deserve.

You let OTHER people do those things FOR you on your behalf

Get over it already this is so desperate.:jeanluc_ashamed_embarrassed_hide_facepalm_meme:

THIS!!!!
Britney has been snubbed from the Grammys SO MANY TIMES, and never has even been half this bitter about it.

Like dude stop, the Grammys freaking happened 3 or 4 months ago, nobody gives a crap about it until the 22’ nominations come out.

These aren’t times to be crying and whining about being snubbed by a Grammy. People in India are dying like flies because of second wave of COVID, America’s cases are just ever rising, we are in an economic freaking crisis, people are losing their jobs, people are struggling to meet ends meet and you can easily complain on Twitter in your million dollar worth mansion about being snubbed for a freaking Grammy? Nobody ✍️ CARES ✍️
There is much more to cry and give our attention about, Weekend.

I can’t believe he could be so insufferable...

• Love 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block