This Day in Pop: A morning to remember (March 29, 2011)

She was so humble and sweet here, also being in her home state probably helped a little. Now I do see she looks heavily medicated and not all there, but I think those are the nerves and the overwhelming feeling she got from the crowds, but ultimately I feel she was happy to be there with her fans. 

2 hours ago, Danielle1987 said:

I just don’t understand how other stans could’ve watched this & not known she was being medicated to compliance. 
Everyone’s like “We didn’t know back then.” How could you not know? I digress. 

in my personal experience, of course I noticed something wasn't right, but I was in denial mode, I was like "well, this is what we get from now on". Complaining about her body and the bloatedness of her face, her guttural voice, it just didn't feel right to me. "If she has to be so medicated, it must be for a reason" sort of thinking. 

If you dig up now the articles, there is stuff mentioning the conservatorship and such, but back then at least I wasn't that into that kind of things. In fact, it was around that time that I just started coming to BreatheHeavy (not yet to Exhale), because each time people were talking less and less about her life, which at the moment seemed positive, they were finally leaving her alone. Before that, she was always on the news, even during the Circus era, I remember a lot of tv shows talking about her gigs and stuff, her latest singles, the Candies' collection, etc. so I thought I knew everything there was to know about her. Little did I know.

So when at the end of 2011 she started to get better, then 2012 she was even more lively (despite some fans' complaints), and then 2013, 2014, etc, she just got better each year, and each year the FF era looked worse and worse in retrospective, I was like, wtf happened back then? 

• Love 2
  • Like 2

It boggles my mind completely how we went from Circus-ney to FF-ney in TWO years. The performance style and energy is drastically different. I felt it in my gut that Britney was deeply unhappy and clearly, she seems to have been medicated the entire year. If her team was really looking out for her, they would have noticed how obviously out of it she was and cancelled the era. 

• Like 2

I remember being so psyched that Brit was back on tv doing different promo performances.  Then seeing her mess up the dance routine a couple times, I was like the Brit I know does not forget steps.  She always made dancing look so flawless as though her body naturally moved like that with ease.  She seemed distracted as though her interests were elsewhere.  I was concerned at the time and thought she should have waited another year to come back with an album even though it had been a little over 2 years since Circus was released.  But then she improved and came alive again as the era went on and the tour started, plus she was getting hit after hit that I figured she was out of whatever funk she was in.  Little did we know of the actual full story.