This Day in Pop: 'Crossroads' movie is released in 2002 (February 15)

Our girl's first official movie! :crying4_britney_crying_stages_tears_sad:

6 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

For anyone whom watched it? how was the movie?

Well, I haven't seen it in quite a few years, probably 6-8 years, but from what I remember, it was basically a typical cliché teen movie but with some serious moments in it. Britney's acting wasn't the worst thing I've ever seen, and the cast wasn't bad, either. I liked it, but it's not a movie I'd go back to dozens of times.

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Critics were beyond harsh when it came to Crossroads :britoverit_britney_eyeroll_roll_eyes_annoyed_whatever: Its not like she was aiming for an oscar or whatever. Brit wanted to do a movie for her fans :surething_britney_eyeroll_rolling_eyes_um_okay:

As a fan I’ve only seen the movie two or three times. Its a fun, dorky movie that throws a lot of wrenches at its audience. The actors did fine, but the storyline was rushed :yesokay_britney_blush_blink:

• Like 4

The movie is good and does not deserve all the hate, but does have some awkward cringey parts. Like them celebrating in the hotel, when her backup dancer irl was the pushy guy at the bar and anson mount's character saved her, Lucy meeting her mom was ultimate cringe like bad acting on Kim Cattrall's part. Those are off the top of my head as I haven't seen the movie in awhile.

1 hour ago, Frankie8 said:

The movie is good and does not deserve all the hate, but does have some awkward cringey parts. Like them celebrating in the hotel, when her backup dancer irl was the pushy guy at the bar and anson mount's character saved her, Lucy meeting her mom was ultimate cringe like bad acting on Kim Cattrall's part. Those are off the top of my head as I haven't seen the movie in awhile.

The exposition of what happen after she met her om, instead of just filming that scene :ugh_britney_disgust_gross_ew:

The high school hallway scene where Zoe just knocks down her books and calls her a virgin out of nowhere. And why was she even carrying books on the last day of school.

• Haha 3

Remember when this movie got bad reviews just because it had Britney in it. One of the reviewers even said that it sucks because she shows too much midriff on the stage and is not good role model for kids :brityawning_britney_chaotic_sunglasses_tired:

I think she's good actress, not oscar-worthy but still way better than most tv-actresses. IMO it's still 10x better first film than most debuts made by A-list Hollywood actresses :sippinga_gaga_hotel_ahs_drinking_sipping_wine_spill_tea: If anything, the movie has quite mediocre writing but then again, it's not Britney's fault :billie_eilish_green_chuckle_cackle_lol_lmao_haha_hehe_laugh:

• Like 2

OMG obsessed with all her wild outfits for this press tour. haha so tacky Y2K but iconic. who was her stylist at the time? anyone know?

I haven't seen this movie in forever but I remember going to see it with my mom the weekend it was released (none of my friends wanted to go, I was the only one that still loved Britney lol). we thought it was cheesy but fun and cute. I was like 15 so I was the perfect demographic for it and wasn't really questioning the quality or the filmmaking at the time.

I'd like to watch it again to see how it holds up.

thinking back though, I wish they didn't mesh the Britney album era with this movie, I wish they both got to exist as separate pieces of work. that's the only thing that I feel cheapened it for me that it was like an obvious push to get people to buy her album.

• Love 1
  • Like 3

i watched this for the first time a few months ago. i really thought when people said it was bad, it was because of misogyny and how media that targets women/girls always gets unfair criticism but..............................this has to be one of the worst movies i've ever watched :gimmemoar_britney_hat_more_gimme_giggle_haha_hehe_lol_2007_vmas_lmao: at least she looked good

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, GLOOMINATI said:

I don't think it's well known outside of France. The guy posing as a journalist is a comédien who had a segment on a daytime talk show. He's done Brad Pitt, Madonna etc... All very funny 🙂

I will have to look up those other interviews.  If someone watching it doesn't know it is a prank, then the whole thing just looks extra awkward Laughing Out Loud Lol GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

7 minutes ago, Frankie8 said:

I will have to look up those other interviews.  If someone watching it doesn't know it is a prank, then the whole thing just looks extra awkward Laughing Out Loud Lol GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

Haha yeah, the epitomy of cringe ! 

I had this interview on VHS and I remember watching it over and over again with my sister all those years ago haha

French TV has created its fair share of cringe-worthy Britney moments haha the cringiest has to be teen-idol Priscilla singing made-up words to Crazy right up in Britney's face 

• Love 1
  • Haha 3
2 minutes ago, GLOOMINATI said:

I had this interview on VHS and I remember watching it over and over again with my sister all those years ago haha

French TV has created its fair share of cringe-worthy Britney moments haha the cringiest has to be teen-idol Priscilla singing made-up words to Crazy right up in Britney's face 

Yes major second hand embarrassment!  Sometimes watching prank videos even though it's a joke it is soo cringey!  Britney would never do this, but could you imagine her saying to her that's so great, but those aren't the right words lol.

1 minute ago, Frankie8 said:

Yes major second hand embarrassment!  Sometimes watching prank videos even though it's a joke it is soo cringey!  Britney would never do this, but could you imagine her saying to her that's so great, but those aren't the right words lol.

"And this Is why you should always Lip-sync" 😅

• Haha 1
26 minutes ago, GLOOMINATI said:

I AM DYING

"craaaazy I just can see im so inside, a way to be, woah crazy but it it feels alright baby baby oh you fix me up alright" 

:mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

• Haha 3