This Day in Pop: 'Crossroads' movie is released in 2002 (February 15)

19 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

For anyone whom watched it? how was the movie?

It’s a teen drama don’t expect much. Film is good overall and shows some hard topics. Cast is good and Britney acts really good. 
But it’s has a lot of cliches(Good/Perfect Girl thing, karaoke scene, American dream thing etc) and don’t like the mood it is directed (little bit boring for me).. 

is it the best movie I’ve seen? Nope 

is it the worst one? Definitely no

6.5/10 for me

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 3

Britney's 'acting' was easily the worst performance Ive ever seen in my life.  Our fave can't act in dramatic roles, although I like her takes in comedy.  

Movie itself is awful, but it's cheesy as hell and again, Britney is terrible in this.  Do not recommend for anyone unless their stans.

Terrible movie.

OK hear me out here 

MOVIE / REALITY:

They're not wealthy but her father is pushing Lucy to be successful / Brit's parents were in debt but invested in trips to New York, dance lessons etc..

She feels trapped in the life her father wants for her / Britney is trap by the media and the fame

So Lucy tries to escape with her two friends / Hello Paris and Lindsay :tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe:

Like everybody else she makes mistakes along the way / Britney made some "mistakes" along the way too

Lucy's father comes and get her from the hospital to bring her back home. Lucy accepts it / Jamie puts Britney in a conservatorship and Britney resigned to the situation

Lucy doesn't want this life and takes back her freedom / Britney is currently fighting for her freedom..

I know it's a reach but I was bored today :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek: 

Next time you'll watch the movie, think about that it will add a new perspective to the actual movie :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh:

• Haha 2
  • Like 5
5 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

For anyone whom watched it? how was the movie?

As someone said, it was very cliche-y because they tried to make everything happen in the 94 min that it lasts, from friends that reunite after years of not talking to each other, to teen pregnancies, falling in love with the bad guy, etc. As I feel with many movies that I watch, I think it would've been better if instead of a movie, it was a series, so we had time to digest everything that happens throughout several episodes, so we could see a natural progress of the story, the development of the characters, and maybe it would've helped them to get better at acting too as the show went on.

Lucy, Britney's character, is very dull and I think that's why people find it so corny. Britney herself described it as very dorky and shy (even stating she hoped she wasn't like that when asked if there were similarities between her and her character). She's supposed to be the perfect student that rebels to her father to go on a road trip to find the mother that abandoned her (an encounter that btw lacks the drama and power it needed, again, because they can't spend too much time on it, because there's so many things happening in the movie every 10 min.) and ends up opening up to sing ILRNR in a karaoke and sleeping with the guy they met on the road, but yeah, it's like, you don't feel a natural evolution of the character.

I don't think Britney's acting is the problem, she delivered what she was told according to the story, it's the writing of the scenes and the dialogues what just doesn't feel alright. 

• Like 3

"Despite strong numbers, the movie was panned by critics, nominated for eight Razzies. However, most who worked on the film seem not to care about the opinions of old white men.

This interview is kind of dumb, thats exactly what Brie Larson said when her movie flopped. The worst thing about Crossroads was Jive records involvement, the writing and the directing. The acting was fine, Britney doesnt get enough credit for her acting in it. They dumbed the movie down to appeal to Britneys younger audience and thats the worst thing you can do creatively. 

You'd think these women would own up to the fact that they didnt do a great job and it was some theirs first ever projects and they've grown since then.

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Avatar said:

"Despite strong numbers, the movie was panned by critics, nominated for eight Razzies. However, most who worked on the film seem not to care about the opinions of old white men.

This interview is kind of dumb, thats exactly what Brie Larson said when her movie flopped. The worst thing about Crossroads was Jive records involvement, the writing and the directing. The acting was fine, Britney doesnt get enough credit for her acting in it. They dumbed the movie down to appeal to Britneys younger audience and thats the worst thing you can do creatively. 

You'd think these women would own up to the fact that they didnt do a great job and it was some theirs first ever projects and they've grown since then.

But Crossroads wasn't nearly as bad as the Razzles implied. Acting was fine enough. Concept was nothing revolutionary. Dialog was nothing to write home about. Story is contrived and not that well thought out but there are Oscar nominees doing the same.

Sure, I wouldn't nominate it for an Oscar either, but there definitely was an overreaction because it was Britney Spears.

• Like 3
Just now, Applejack said:

But Crossroads wasn't nearly as bad as the Razzles implied. Acting was fine enough. Concept was nothing revolutionary. Dialog was nothing to write home about. Story is contrived and not that well thought out but there are Oscar nominees doing the same.

Sure, I wouldn't nominate it for an Oscar either, but there definitely was an overreaction because it was Britney Spears.

The dialogue was atrocious lol. it definitely got bad press because it was fun and easy to attack Britney at the time, well her whole career.

• Like 2