Why didn’t Lynne step in more during the beginning of the conservatorship?

BritneyLVR

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, ryro_85 said:

She was dealing with her own issues...like being a pregnant teenager. This was all happening around the same time.

Nnnnnnnnnnn her mum sweety.

Didn't she say smth in lines James was the firm strict one and they thought he would be best for the job.

And that he later on pushed her out completely 

46 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Why didn't fans launch the #FreeBritney movement at the beginning of the conservatorship? :juggingu_britney_hat_meme_neyde:

Probably because many of us didn’t really know what we know now in regards to what a conservatorship actually is. I also do believe Britney herself and the fans thought that maybe once she got done with the circus era this conservatorship would come to an end! It just kept going on and on and on and through the years since she was working that was more of a cover-up allegedly!

As I said on the other thread, it's not hard to imagine James doing everything on his own and leaving anyone else out of the situation. Of course, James being advised by someone else, 'cause there's no way he was so informed about the conservatorship laws out of nowhere. 

Just like he convinced the media, public, fans that it was the best for her, I don't think the family was any different. The paparazzi and media had already done an excellent job at portraying Britney as having the worst meltdown in recorded history, so it was easier for everyone to just accept whatever that conservatorship was if it was to put Britney in a better place, without realizing the dangers of it. Then with people like Sam Lutfi and Adnan in the picture, I guess everyone just went with the flow.

Yet again, there was that alleged email where Lynne was calling out Jamie, but who knows. 

In the beginning the plan was immediate damage control which meant Britney was going back to work quickly. Back then there was no corruption as it was new. I’m pretty sure she was still in contact with Britney. People forget Jamie Lynn was 16 and pregnant on top of everything else going on. It was a crazy time. 

7 minutes ago, IconicShow said:

Probably because many of us didn’t really know what we know now in regards to what a conservatorship actually is. I also do believe Britney herself and the fans thought that maybe once she got done with the circus era this conservatorship would come to an end! It just kept going on and on and on and through the years since she was working that was more of a cover-up allegedly!

It's actually quite sickening to imagine how Britney was lured again and again to accept the potential end of the c-ship getting delayed. I think initially she thought it would end by the end of 2008. But then there was that court hearing after which she was seen with tears in her eyes and visibly abset. That was when she found out that it would be permanent. What's also aggrevating is that it all happened in the lead up to the release of Circus and FTR. She had to put on a fake smile for the comback promotion and at the same time deal with not getting her legal rights back.

For me, it felt like a private family matter at the time, so I thought the best thing to do was focus on Britney's artistry and give her privacy when it came to her personal life. It wasn't until Lynne's book came out and Britney did FTR that I really started to wonder what was going on. But again, her life was so public for so long that it sort of felt like it was no one's business. I was just so happy to see her working again and doing what she loved that I didn't think to question all of it. 

3 minutes ago, LikeShatteredGlass said:

For me, it felt like a private family matter at the time, so I thought the best thing to do was focus on Britney's artistry and give her privacy when it came to her personal life. It wasn't until Lynne's book came out and Britney did FTR that I really started to wonder what was going on. But again, her life was so public for so long that it sort of felt like it was no one's business. I was just so happy to see her working again and doing what she loved that I didn't think to question all of it. 

this is a very real answer and the obvious answer

As to why Lynne didn't do anything, I sort of assume she probably thought the same.

7 minutes ago, Goten21 said:

this is a very real answer and the obvious answer

As to why Lynne didn't do anything, I sort of assume she probably thought the same.

We need Lynne and Britney to do another Oprah sit down when this whole mess is over. Maybe they tried to divide things up and since Lynne had been so present for Britney her whole life she wanted to support Jamie Lynne while Jamie stepped in to look after Britney. I mean, it clearly didn't work but maybe that was the thought process. That family was a mess in 2007/2008. 

2 hours ago, 1inamillion said:

Cuz she was busy writing her book:oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

2 hours ago, Mike. said:

Came here to say this. We are way more lenient on Lynne than we should be given she took to a book tour making profit off of it just like Jamie 

The fact she called the cship an impossible dream on her book says it all!! She talked on the book how abusive Jamie was and that he never had a good relationship with Britney, but she thought it was going to be a good idea allowing Jamie to strip Britney off her rights and freedom? She agreed with him and saw him planning the cship for weeks with Lou, like she says on her book. She did nothing to stop him like Lindsays dad did to stop Lou, Larry and her mom from putting Lindsay under one. She said hed be tougher and Britney needed that, then she praised him as a conservator. For 11 years she sat and did nothing, hanging out with him and getting money from the cship (including 90k for her house reform). She follows Lou on instagram, she still hangs out with Jamie and always seemed more worried about her gfs and babysitting Junos kids. She only started doing smt after the FreeBritney movement in 2019, but didnt do anything yet that really made a change on Britneys case. I mean, she hopes Britney sees brighter days? What about doing smt to actually stop this circus for once and for all? 

I mean, I simply cant understand why Lynne would be ok with her so "unfit" and "unstable" daughter living isolated far away from her family and working non stop? All these years she was always with Juno or her gfs. 

Remember she was on a Bryans gf insta story that she seemed quite pissed off with us? 

Tbh I dont think she wants Britney to suffer, but I dont think Britney is her priority either. I dont think shes losing sleep over Britneys situation. Maybe she agrees Jamie should get out (afterall all Britneys family mooch off her so they would love for her to resume her career), but I dont think shes against the cship. Lynne cares a lot about her image and in 2008 she was trying to play the victim about Britneys situation and Juno getting pregnant. 

I dont know why fans always make excuses for all these things tbh. They all have been complicit to the cship since day one, the problem doesnt end with Jamie! Lynne has always been a stage mom! She neglected Britney since she was 15 and when Britney started having problems, she was too busy with Junos career and then she sided with Kevin forcing Britney to go to rehab what made Britney to be stranged from her for months! She even said ironically in 2007 that she was praying for Lynne bc she needed help! They all set Britney up bc she was pushing them away, they wanted to control her again. I wouldnt be surprised If Britney was also cutting their money and we all know this is all those hillbillies care about. 

Archived