What are your thoughts on open relationships?

Slayer

I personally don't understand how you can be romantic with more than one person at a time. I also worry about the spread of STDs.

I dunno. I like romance and intimacy. I don't really get the whole polyamorous thing. 

I literally have no interest in what other people do in their own personal lives so it's a non issue for me, but it's not something I personally believe works for me.:mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

• Love 1
  • Like 3
2 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

I wanna know the fascination of gay men and DL married men..

Do you have a sense of pride???

Feel proud breaking up a marriage???

Gay men can be really messy and enjoy breaking up homes lol. 

Also the "thrill" of knowing they're ******* a married man and engaging in taboo is enticing.  

I was in an open relationship for a while, but it didn't work out. Our agreement was to always tell each other everything, but then I found out my (now ex-)boyfriend had been lying about loads of other people he'd slept with :clown_meme__makeup_green: Despite this experience, I'm not opposed to the idea of an open relationship per se - I'm not a very jealous person, the only thing I really hate is being lied to. I don't think I could handle polyamory, but the occasional casual hook-up with someone else wouldn't really be an issue for me. As long as my partner is honest with me, that's the main thing. But yeah, what I have learned is that open relationships are hard. Even if you agree in theory, actually putting it into practice is a whole different ball game. Both partners need to put in the work to be totally open and honest and courageous in their communication, and to have difficult and sometimes painful conversations with each other. So I think it can only really work out if you're both very mature and have excellent communication skills, and unfortunately that's very often not the case :eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:

• Love 2

I could love and be with more than one person at a time. I have had many different relationships where I loved ppl for different things / had relationships based on *** vs emotional connection. I would love to have multiple romantic relationships at once. 

however, the thought of the person im with being w other ppl bothers me so I couldn’t do it. It’s easy to trust ur own intentions but not knowing how my partner felt, how I “stacked up” against others, if they were developing a deeper connection w someone else.... I just couldn’t hack it. I guess that sounds hypocritical but oh well. At least I know that about myself! I’m sticking with monogamy for now. :) 

True love doesn't deserve limitations! That said, I think once a relationship has had its up and downs and you're still feeling committed, there is more to love than a ***ual connection. I agree that you need to constantly talk about boundaries and rules, but characterizing the needs of your partner with phrases like "I would never" etc. are not helpful in finding a confiding life with your loved one.

11 hours ago, Stefani said:

I think it's gross tbh. I could never be in that kind of relationship, if you can even call it that. What's the point of being with more than one person? Other than more sex I guess, but in that case you might as well be single and just use Grindr. :snooptoya_jackson_snooping_looking_magnifying_glass_glasses_search:

So "being with more than one person" means only having ***? That is the point I will never understand I guess...why are committed relationships so much associated with ***? There are so many aspects of a committed relationship we so often neglect. For example, listening to the other person attentively. And I'd say that this is so often uncared for, but few people would say that it is a break of trust.

On 1/23/2021 at 3:17 AM, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

No. Someone eventually gets hurt. Either you feel bad for hurting your spouse or you feel neglected when you start to sense your partner developing a greater connection (whether ***ual or not) with another guy. And if you don't, well ... your just a sociopath I guess. I guess it doesn't matter then. 

Sociopath. I couldn’t say better.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block