Lawyers for Britney seems...

feo

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Easy There said:

We obviously didn't follow the same news :mhmnod_yes_agree_nodding:

some ppl like to read only what they want to read. Not what they need or should read :mhmnod_yes_agree_nodding:

I on the other side. Like to read everything. It's good to have an open mind :mhmnod_yes_agree_nodding:

ot. LFB are liars and are damaging FreeBritney movement. They are worse than Lou and James combined. I hope karma gets them :mhmnod_yes_agree_nodding:

LFB are lawyers. They understand the law.

You are not a lawyer. And it's clear that you have no comprehension of how the courts work.

I hate to break it to you, but LFB are a way bigger asset to Britney than you are.

Keep telling yourself otherwise, but it's the truth.

4 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

Can someone explain to me what's wrong with trademarking your entity? 

I think it's not so much trademarking your identity so much as trademarking things with Britney's name on it that rubs me in the wrong way. 

Lawyers for Britney

FreeBritneyLA 

Kind of sucks that she can't consent to them trademarking something obviously related to her. 

10 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

Can someone explain to me what's wrong with trademarking your entity? 

It isn't the same as you trademarking "Exhale" or other businesses trademarking their name. 

LawyersForJamie supposedly fights for britney out of non-for-profit purposes, what is the point of trademarking the name? :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know: Are they planning to sell shirts, masks etc later on? :imok_goo_ooze_yellow_slime_mess_blonde:

39 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

LFB are lawyers. They understand the law.

You are not a lawyer. And it's clear that you have no comprehension of how the courts work.

I hate to break it to you, but LFB are a way bigger asset to Britney than you are.

Keep telling yourself otherwise, but it's the truth.

Okay mrs Magnolia. There is no abuse in Britneys case,liars for Britney did not try to destroy FreeBritney movement. They didn't call Sam, Sam Kingnight,Lou is a saint and was only here to help Britney so was James. You convinced me I am officially against FreeBritney. 

• Leader
2 minutes ago, MyahJeanSpears said:

I think it's not so much trademarking your identity so much as trademarking things with Britney's name on it that rubs me in the wrong way. 

Lawyers for Britney

FreeBritneyLA 

Kind of sucks that she can't consent to them trademarking something obviously related to her. 

I hear you. Thing is... Britney can't legally consent even if she wanted to.

These accounts that are trademarking with Britney's name in it are working to change that so she could legally say one way or another. Ultimately, they are helping Britney so I guess just don't understand the outrage. :calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what:

2 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

These accounts that are trademarking with Britney's name in it are working to change that so she could legally say one way or another. Ultimately, they are helping Britney so I guess just don't understand the outrage. :calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what:

Are they ? :calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what:

• Leader
15 minutes ago, STJ said:

It isn't the same as you trademarking "Exhale" or other businesses trademarking their name. 

LawyersForJamie supposedly fights for britney out of non-for-profit purposes, what is the point of trademarking the name? :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know: Are they planning to sell shirts, masks etc later on? :imok_goo_ooze_yellow_slime_mess_blonde:

Trademarking their names adds a layer of protection, which as we are well aware in this situation is important. 

Even if they started selling merch, Britney's team could still send them a cease and desist for using Britney's likeness without their consent (trademark or not). 

People still to this day claim I use Britney for personal gain and to fund my life. I personally don't view myself / BH that way, but I can see where they are coming from and there is an element of truth to it because BreatheHeavy is a business as well as a pop music news community and a home base to advocate for Britney's autonomy. Making money (imo) is not bad. It's the opposite, really! How you do it... that's everything. 

Say I were on Britney's business/legal team. I personally would not stop fan accounts ("FreeBritneyLA" or "Lawyers for Britney" for example) from creating merch with their name on it and selling it as long as the design was original, thoughtful and elevated Britney's brand overall (AKA you can't just throw up one of her photos on a shirt and call it a day). 

We can see there are people in Britney's life who are also making money off her, but doing so in a way that strips her rights away from her. That's an example of how it's bad. 

Hope that makes sense 🙏 

3 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

Yea I do believe they are in the grand scheme of things. I know there's all this drama going on and they're all turning on each other, but I think once the dust settles they'll still have done far more good for the Free Britney movement than harm. 

Initially yes. But LawyerForBritney spewed so much mess and bs in past month or so. That I do not trust them whatsoever.

Where is that workout video meal plan. You lazy Bish :schoolingtime_talking_telling_glasses_preaching:

• Leader
Just now, Easy There said:

Initially yes. But LawyerForBritney spewed so much mess and bs in past month or so. That I do not trust them whatsoever.

Where is that workout video meal plan. You lazy Bish :schoolingtime_talking_telling_glasses_preaching:

I kinda lost track with all the he-said she-said stuff about LFB, but come on do we really think they are pro conservatorship and have ties to Lou Taylor etc like a lot of people are alleging? An account that is continually releasing court documents that show how corrupt this all is has ties to the conservatorship? Make it make sense (not aimed at you, generally speaking). 

I agree the Kingham stuff was... interesting... but I think they backtracked on that. 

This isn't a LFB defense post, but any time I see someone get ganged up on it just doesn't sit well with me. 

What irks me about everything that's gone down is now fans feel like they have to "pick a side" and that is so the opposite of how I think we should proceed. It's important to unify. 

Also, still planning on a fitness-related video lol. Got some other ones in the works first =]

1 minute ago, Jordan Miller said:

I kinda lost track with all the he-said she-said stuff about LFB, but come on do we really think they are pro conservatorship and have ties to Lou Taylor etc like a lot of people are alleging? An account that is continually releasing court documents that show how corrupt this all is has ties to the conservatorship? Make it make sense (not aimed at you, generally speaking). 

I agree the Kingham stuff was... interesting... but I think they backtracked on that. 

This isn't a LFB defense post, but any time I see someone get ganged up on it just doesn't sit well with me. 

What irks me about everything that's gone down is now fans feel like they have to "pick a side" and that is so the opposite of how I think we should proceed. It's important to unify. 

Also, still planning on a fitness-related video lol. Got some other ones in the works first =]

Yeah. They lost my support the moment they tried to divide fandom. And the moment they trashed smth that started the whole FreeBritney movement. Like even if the voicemail was fabricated,it obviously came from Britneys inner circle and was later confirmed in court. 

At that moment I have realised they have malicious intentions and cannot be trusted. And my concerns were confirmed when they went after Lisa for no reason.

Who the hell cares who got the information first. The most important thing is to be United. Smth that Liars4Britney seemed not to like. 

And their pro Sam Ingham propaganda is fishy to say the least. Yeah he is doing his job now. But he was more than fine not to do his job for 11 years. He was even bestie with James/Lou M Taylor (allegedly)

11 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

I understand (And that also occurred to me as I was writing that post), but I've become very dubious about the whole situation the past couple of weeks. 

**** like this: 

Has me looking at EVERYONE in "leadership" positions sideways. I believe it's become less about Britney to them and more about their own egos. I see a lot of narcissism and I am disappointed that this movement is getting used for clout. And I am not singling out one person on here. I am including EVERYONE who was involved in the messiness on NYE.

I was on the LFB train but they stepped into 💩 so many times in the last two weeks that I honestly can't defend them anymore either, even though I still think they were "cancelled" in a horrendous and mean-spirited way. And the Gram Girls? The less said about them, the better. 

Nothing these girlies have done the last couple of weeks has benefited Britney. They've successfully manage to turn off this fan, and I am sure several others. In my opinion, you shouldn't expect anything in return for your activism. They have lost focus on their original goal.

And who knows at this point if they were ever in it for the right reasons to begin with? 

4 minutes ago, lawyersforbritney said:

The reality is, by highlighting specific court docs and putting actual public pressure on James, Lou, and their attorneys when no other big media outlet would, we did more for Britney than any of the other "movement leaders." 

Thanks for proving my point :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

Archived