Lawyers for Britney seems...

feo

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, VioletWoolf said:

But legally none of those life difficulties qualify for a probate conservatorship or ANY conservatorship 

What are we arguing about here?

I've been saying the conservatorship needed to go since the moment it was made permanent in October 2009.

I was one of the only fans on this forum who has consistently called for it to be dissolved since that time.

The rest of you have been asking for it to be dissolved for exactly this long:

Are ya'll are coming after me for my views? :watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what:

9 hours ago, ElenaB said:

i get what you’re saying and I agree to some extent. But there are a lot of things we don’t know. Maybe she has indeed developed a Stockholm syndrome and doesn’t want out. Maybe she just wants the cship to act like a guardianship for her fortune and she doesn’t know better.  But i still think that the question LOB asked is genuine and doesn’t automatically turn them into team con.

If Britney did therapy with people who had no ties to Colon, if she talked to lawyers like she did in 2008 that were against the cship, and she still wanted a cship over her state maybe Id believe it was her choice, but she has been manipulated and threatned before, she doesnt have a voice and its not like she is being listened anyway... If she "chose" to stay under any cship I wouldnt believe it was really her choice. The cship is far from being voluntary, just look how Britney isnt even heard about Jamie getting out of her life. If she stays under the cship and ends up giving in and doing music again, I will have no choice other than not support at all. The whole thing is a scam. I dont care If I dont know the whole situation, but the fact her dad refuses to let her go and at the same time is desperate for her to resume her career, is all I need to know. Britney - who has no rights - signing a declaration saying she wants a cship to stay in place, makes no sense whatsoever. It also doesnt make sense that one cship would be lifted but the one thats about her money, wouldnt. Just see how Colon removed himself easily from the personal one once he abused Preston, but the estate one, hes fighting tooth and nail to stay no matter how shady hes already looking. There are other ways to protect her money, she doesnt need a cship for that. No other star is under a cship for that. And even If she doesnt want anyone handling her money, she should have the choice bc in the end its her money, she worked hard for and should be able to spend like she wanted as long as her kids are being taken care of, which they are. Colon and Bryan act as if its their money, its their brand. I think these questions are rather strange and make them look sus. They praised Ingham all the time, they act as if Jamie & co are the problem, not the cship itself. They also said the cship isnt abusive and now they were asking this? Yeah, that didnt sit right with me. 

9 hours ago, ElenaB said:

i get what you’re saying and I agree to some extent. But there are a lot of things we don’t know. Maybe she has indeed developed a Stockholm syndrome and doesn’t want out. Maybe she just wants the cship to act like a guardianship for her fortune and she doesn’t know better.  But i still think that the question LOB asked is genuine and doesn’t automatically turn them into team con.

But that's the thing, it was not a 'genuine' question coming from lawyers who should know better.  If it was another fan, sure they might not fully understand how limited a person's rights are as conservatee in a conservatorship.  But LFB are allegedly lawyers and they SHOULD know better. 

I agree, their statement alone does not make them team con automatically.  But the fact that they are even asking fans about a question that has not even brought up directly by Britney, something that is reliant on an improper legal assumption (that a conservatee signing a declaration to stay in a conservatorship is expressing free will while STILL in a conservatorship), given LFB's inability to explain why they are bringing this up and why they are making such improper legal assumptions, and finally their gaslight-ey statements about fans who disagree not caring about Britney's 'happiness'...RED FLAGS.

What's disturbing is, it shouldn't matter if the conservatee WANTS to stay in a conservatorship. If the conservatee is well enough to take care of themselves and are able to earn a living it should be dissolved, no question. It is not a right for an adult to be taken care of and treated as a child. As an adult you have a responsibility to care for yourself if you are able to. They're not even giving her a chance to try. The conservatorship should be gradually dissolved, starting years ago.

If they truly cared, they would have her learn economics and business skills that she may be lacking due to her very sheltered adult life. Then help her get trustworthy managers (of her own choosing!), if she decides to continue working in music/showbiz.

5 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

What are we arguing about here?

I've been saying the conservatorship needed to go since the moment it was made permanent in October 2009.

I was one of the only fans on this forum who has consistently called for it to be dissolved since that time.

The rest of you have been asking for it to be dissolved for exactly this long:

Are ya'll are coming after me for my views? :watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what:

Just because you have been following the case since the beginning doesn't mean you're the holder of the absolute truth and that the rest should just shut up. I like you, but what's with this self-important attitude now?:frenchy_britney_u_sure_ff_femme_fatale_you_look:

• Leader
12 hours ago, Justin Woodpond said:

Seeing as it’s been “fact-checked” by 1/2LFB (only one of them is a actual trained lawyer), let’s hope it doesn’t include any of their “opinions”. 

It's fact checked not opinion checked :billie_eilish_green_chuckle_cackle_lol_lmao_haha_hehe_laugh:

There is zero opinion from anyone in my story except my own. 🙏 

You guys gotta remember that for 13 years people have tried to persuade me one way or another and I've always stuck to my guns about this situation. LFB was super professional regarding giving this article a once-over. I wanted to make sure anything I put into the world in this format was 100% accurate.

56 minutes ago, Catalin said:

Just because you have been following the case since the beginning doesn't mean you're the holder of the absolute truth and that the rest should just shut up. I like you, but what's with this self-important attitude now?:frenchy_britney_u_sure_ff_femme_fatale_you_look:

History is important, and so are the facts.

I'm seeing a LOT of self-congratulatory behaviour by others on this board with barely any reliance on actual facts. 

That doesn't help Britney. If anything, it hinders her. 

And it's annoying as **** to watch.

Archived