Lawyers for Britney seems...

feo

6 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

Yea I do believe they are in the grand scheme of things. I know there's all this drama going on and they're all turning on each other, but I think once the dust settles they'll still have done far more good for the Free Britney movement than harm. 

I don't have proof either way, but I am suspecting there is an infiltrator here in one of the big groups, and JUST based on their own comments on twitter and instagram (such as the one that is the subject of this thread) I am starting to suspect it is LFB.

I don't believe LFB is on James' side or Lou's.  If they are on any side I think it is Ingham's for a few reasons:

1. They have been VERY focused on removing James and attacking Lou.  Those 2 are part of the unholy trinity (with Wallet) so I don't think they side with any of those 3.

2. They have been VERY pro Ingham and Jodi (who is alleged to be his close ally)

3. They have repeatedly made comments that make it sound like Britney might want or otherwise benefit from a conservatorship of the estate, which is of course the biggest red flag as to their potential interests.  I think less informed fans may believably think that, but for lawyers to even suggest that after everything we know is VERY odd.  Especially as there are so many other options that are less abusive/restrictive than a conservatorship. 

That suggests they are supporting whoever will be in charge after James leaves (probably Ingham and his team of lawyers, doctors, and even Bessemer).  LFB's comments seem to be softening the ground (preparing) for someone like Ingham to claim Britney 'wants' to stay in a conservatorship of the estate and for fans to say 'yeah ok, because LFB mentioned that already months ago'.

Of course this is speculation, but the facts are starting to support it. 

Like I said, I support Ingham too, but we should all watch him very closely.  If he or anyone else comes out with the idea that Britney 'wants' to stay in a conservatorship of the estate, we should start asking a LOT of questions.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, MM0219 said:

Well, what they've said is true. 

In recent months their account (and the freebritneyla protests) have done more for the movement than the Gram Girls since the voicemail leak, and that's approaching almost two years! 

I don't particularly like how GG handled this situation. They initiated this divide with an almost mob like mentality with the other accounts jumping on board. 

And then there's Kevin from freebritneyla talking about living in the shadow of GG and hoping to have more influence. 

No-one is coming for these accounts or questioning their true intentions but yet many are out for blood when it comes to LFB. 

I've said previously I've gone back and forth when it comes to  LFB. I don't like their posts praising Ingham or Lynne given it has taken both a decade to seemingly work for Britney's best interests, but to claim that LFB are worse than Lou and Jamie combined is nothing but utter nonsense. 

This fanbase is its own worst enemy at times and at the moment all these accounts are collectively doing more harm than good to help the movement.... and how did that start? Oh, yeah, GG leaking the names and professions of those behind LFB. Shady as ****.

I totally agree with you.  Most of those 'leader' accounts have acted inappropriately with each other and in general.  However, my focus is on LFB because while the others have done terrible things to each other, LFB is releasing these strange ideas to the fandom which might directly affect Britney and the movement. 

If fans start to think that Britney can freely sign anything while in a conservatorship, and that fans should feel safe about that because these alleged independent lawyers said so...that is concerning.  Any decent lawyer would know that Britney signing a declaration that she wants to continue in a conservatorship while STILL in a conservatorship is extremely suspect.

1 hour ago, Jordan Miller said:

then proceeded to discredit the entire Free Britney movement and all fans. 

This is not true. I support the movement. 

However, my point was, no group or person can take credit for anything now as Britney's situation has not improved, she's still being controlled, her music is being released without her permission etc. 

I even signed for that petition that was supposed to get the White house to review her case or whatever, yet it didn't do anything.

Claiming, "I/We contributed to the movement" sounds ridiculous, and I'm not attacking anyone. It's simply the truth.

5 hours ago, Switchy said:

They weren't negative feedback. They were and are constantly getting attacked. They were blindsided and ganged up on. A great source of insight is gone because of baseless and factless bullying. 

All they ever provided was legal facts. Some people act like as soon as Britney says she wants out of the c-ship, it's magically dissolved. It will take time.

But that's the thing.  Comments from LFB like the one I raised in this thread that I made are NOT legal facts.  They are naive at best, and misleading at worst.  And they have made many such comments.

And the problem is that LFB seem to want to be the only legal opinions that matter.  They seem to ignore other lawyers challenging them.  Other lawyers have already said that Britney should have directly filed for a termination of the conservatorship, which might actually make sense.  After all, James Spears is going to fight hard whether we are filing for termination or filing to replace him.  Filing to replace him might just be wasting time.  But we will see.

In any case, LFB has often not been stating 'legal facts', and ignore any legal challenges to their assumptions.  That is the problem.

29 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

1. Yes. I'm aware of that. My point is that she didn't make legal moves, as others in this thread have alleged. Voicing her thoughts to a TV camera, or being recorded on an answering machine is not the same as filing a motion through the courts.

2. She was denied her rights from the beginning because she was deemed incompetent. Anyone AT THE TIME could see that was true. She had been running on no sleep for days on end, chugging Red Bulls, taking Adderall, drinking alcohol, and was being fed a cocktail of antipsychotics that Lutfi was crushing and putting in her food. She was babbling incoherently. AT THE TIME, the conservatorship application was not permanent -- it was temporary, and was meant to stabilize her and separate her from Lutfi. AT THE TIME, Ingham was right to deem her incompetent. He was just doing his job.

3. Blair Berk has nothing to do with the conservatorship. Why is she being brought up in this thread? (Also, I doubt Britney was consulting her on custody issues -- it is more likely she was consulting her because ***** had been found planted in her home and she was facing legal ramifications, aka "criminal charges," if she did not check herself back into rehab.)

4. Yes, I'm happy that Jon Eardley wasn't successful. Britney was not thinking clearly when she called him. She should have known that anyone associated with Lutfi would've given Jamie, Kevin Federline, and the entire group of them even more ammunition against her. Contacting him was a very bad decision on her part. Any other lawyer? Not so much. But affiliated with Lutfi? It was stupidity.

Britney likely didn't fight the conservatorship after 2009 because:

a) the conservatorship guaranteed her access to her children
b) the conservatorship guaranteed her the ability to tour and make millions
c) the conservatorship provided a shield against the many lawsuits piling up against her

It served its purpose, up until around 2010. At that point it should have been slowly phased out.

Anything after that was pure ****ery.

I think it is a stretch to say that just because Britney was acting erratically that she has somehow lost 'competence' forever, or for the past 12 years.  In fact, her accomplishments over the past 12 years strongly suggest that is not the case, especially as we have seen that the original court docs that got her stuck in the conservatorship based in on 'dementia'. 

Other celebrities like Heather Locklear, Robert Downey Jr., Lindsay Lohan, Paris Hilton etc. have all had different degrees of acting erratically, the first 2 probably worse than Britney.  And are either of them in a conservatorship?  No. 

There appears to be no legal basis whatsoever for her declaration of incapacity or for this conservatorship.

1 hour ago, Jordan Miller said:

Sigh. I'm not taking sides. I took issue with your delivery. 

You called them LawyersForBabies, LoyalistsForJamie, say they are living in delusion, called them disgraceful and then proceeded to discredit the entire Free Britney movement and all fans. 

I would have said the same about all the other advocate accounts. 

Not being funny you know I mean this respectfully Jordan but the whole delivery from LFB has been a massive shambles and they have been bashing fans and made many snide comments. It’s not our fault they can’t handle the repercussions. Let’s not forget LFB calling free Britney supporters ‘***holes’.

I genuinely don’t even think they’ve even had it as bad with the comments here to need defending, people have said much worse to mods and comments about other people and they have gotten away with it.

43 minutes ago, feo said:

I think it is a stretch to say that just because Britney was acting erratically that she has somehow lost 'competence' forever, or for the past 12 years.  In fact, her accomplishments over the past 12 years strongly suggest that is not the case, especially as we have seen that the original court docs that got her stuck in the conservatorship based in on 'dementia'. 

Other celebrities like Heather Locklear, Robert Downey Jr., Lindsay Lohan, Paris Hilton etc. have all had different degrees of acting erratically, the first 2 probably worse than Britney.  And are either of them in a conservatorship?  No. 

There appears to be no legal basis whatsoever for her declaration of incapacity or for this conservatorship.

I think you may have skipped over this part...

I wrote it at the end...

The conservatorship had served its purpose by 2010.

By the time the Circus tour wrapped it had achieved all that it needed to achieve.

She had re-filled her coffers. The lawsuits (apart from the Lutfi suit) had mostly wrapped. She had been separated from the leeches, and had re-established a relationship with her children.

At that time, Jamie should have done exactly what Lynne is asking for now. A system of supports should have been put in place to transition her into being able to care for her affairs all on her own. Unfortunately, she's been deprived of that support system for the past 10 years.

Apart from the 2 years she was married to Kevin, she has never had the chance to manage her life on her own terms. When I say that she may still want the conservatorship, I say it because she may now be terrified to try it all on her own. 

Britney needs support. If she chooses to keep the conservatorship in place for a few years once Jamie is gone, I hope the fans can understand that.

The conservatorship needs to be removed on Britney's timeline, not the fans.

12 hours ago, Slayer said:

So you're going to stop 'helping' Free Britney because of negative feedback?:squintney_britney_confused_huh_what_umm_ok_glory:

If you truly want Britney free, you'd continue to spread awareness regardless of what is happening.

I think everyone should move on from the drama. All parties should go back to spreading awareness, any news and information they have or obtain. I think it is all down to how everyone handles it going forward and the evidence of anyone being 'good' will be shown by what you do now to help the movement, not petty arguments/twitter spats (this goes for everyone).

Not when it’s been Thatsurprisewitness actually breaking down docs for us 😂.

people need to think a bit deeper. We all have questions but I’d imagine w the NYE statements and the behavior since, maybe there’s some weight behind what happened 🤷🏾‍♀️

9 hours ago, Busybee said:

We may not know you personally but we know you as the entity Lawyers for Britney. You have made a name for yourselves and built up a reputable reputation until recently which I agree was done poorly and unnecessarily. I dont condone what was done on new years. And I apologize if I misinterpreted this but to me this sounds like you inferring that you had something to do with what was happening in court:

"Did people not notice that we were specifically going after James and Lou? Did the fact that Lou stepped down just days after we posted about her using Britney's money on her own attorneys to sue BK go unnoticed, too?"

I think its honorable that yall spend so much of your time and money on this but again no one asked you to. If you are doing it out of the kindness of your heart then that should be it. No one is making you do that so it's not a reasonable argument in my opinion.

as far you quitting I applaud you for stepping back from what feels toxic for you. You won't be good for anyone if you can't take care of yourself it just wasn't made clear on your original post and felt like you were blaming it on the criticism.

not trying to bash yall at all! Just think we can all grow when we learn from our mistakes and take accountability when we are wrong

Not to mention that we are well aware of the fact that more than Lou and Jamie are responsible for Britney’s suffering. Ingham is included right there, too.

lets be real - these people are all guilty 

6 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

I think you may have skipped over this part...

I wrote it at the end...

The conservatorship had served its purpose by 2010.

By the time the Circus tour wrapped it had achieved all that it needed to achieve.

She had re-filled her coffers. The lawsuits (apart from the Lutfi suit) had mostly wrapped. She had been separated from the leeches, and had re-established a relationship with her children.

At that time, Jamie should have done exactly what Lynne is asking for now. A system of supports should have been put in place to transition her into being able to care for her affairs all on her own. Unfortunately, she's been deprived of that support system for the past 10 years.

Apart from the 2 years she was married to Kevin, she has never had the chance to manage her life on her own terms. When I say that she may still want the conservatorship, I say it because she may now be terrified to try it all on her own. 

Britney needs support. If she chooses to keep the conservatorship in place for a few years once Jamie is gone, I hope the fans can understand that.

The conservatorship needs to be removed on Britney's timeline, not the fans.

But legally none of those life difficulties qualify for a probate conservatorship or ANY conservatorship 

32 minutes ago, halfdressed said:

today!! :shake_excited_pink_bounce_yay_pumped_anxious:

you got me hype when you said it's the best piece you've ever written!

Seeing as it’s been “fact-checked” by 1/2LFB (only one of them is a actual trained lawyer), let’s hope it doesn’t include any of their “opinions”. 

What transpired yesterday has made one thing clear, not everything that comes out of their mouth(es) is truthful, or factual.

9 hours ago, Bundy said:

I dont think Britney is silly, but the problem is the situation shes in where shes treated like a child. Just look at the many women that are abused but stay with their partners bc they believe they love them and many times they cant even understand how bad their situations are. The same thing goes to cult's victims or people that were kidnapped and develop a stockholm syndrome. Britney has been obviously controlled, isolated and gaslighted all these years. On situations like these - one that has been going on for 13 years and counting -, even the toughest and smartest people can break and give in. Its her life, but shes surrounded by vultures that are only out for themselves and they will tell her what benefit them the most. Sometimes people in such a bad situation cant see how bad its bc they have been abused for so long. We all know people who have ****ty parents or husbands who cant see they are being mistreated, and Britney doesnt even have her freedom to try to break loose from people that are harming her, the same people keep manipulating her and are supported by the state, by law. Her situation is really bad. I mean, is she even allowed to do therapy? Many people only realize some ****ed up things once they do. 

i get what you’re saying and I agree to some extent. But there are a lot of things we don’t know. Maybe she has indeed developed a Stockholm syndrome and doesn’t want out. Maybe she just wants the cship to act like a guardianship for her fortune and she doesn’t know better.  But i still think that the question LOB asked is genuine and doesn’t automatically turn them into team con.

Archived