Britney Spears' "Blackout" to receive it's own book

53 minutes ago, Easy There said:

I don't think this type if releases have anything to do with her team. As far as I understood this is completely independent and only rare and impactful albums get this treatment.

does this includes new material like outtakes and new interviews or...?

• Like 5

wow ******* awesome

11 minutes ago, CJMCH said:

does this includes new material like outtakes and new interviews or...?

I'd assume it's a book that talks about its influence and how it came to be. Also it's a book, I don't understand how that would contain an outtake xd

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Goten21 said:

wow ******* awesome

I'd assume it's a book that talks about its influence and how it came to be. Also it's a book, I don't understand how that would contain an outtake xd

I mean I thought it had magazine-like paper and it could print some photos, but yeah, I guess not.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, PokemonSpears said:

hmm, I'm seeing lots of mixed reviews from other releases of this series on Amazon. Mostly bad reviews. Apparently the author is very subjective, and not so professional, but I guess yay for giving Britney some recognition.

It seems like there's already ~150 books in the series and each of them have their own author who's artist/music critic/analyzer, so I'm interested who's writing this book. Blackout is definitely piece of pop culture history and I've saw a lot of music critics praising it even now over decade later.  :boredashell_pink_britney_hmm_blink_well_umm:

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

hmm, I'm seeing lots of mixed reviews from other releases of this series on Amazon. Mostly bad reviews. Apparently the author is very subjective, and not so professional, but I guess yay for giving Britney some recognition.

Not a good sign. Let me look this book series up. 

One person said of the Neil Young book, "I really liked this one. The 33 1/3 series can be hit or miss but this is one I liked a lot. Had a lot of interesting info and insights into Young at the time, the album and the recording."

Sooo I'm not too sure based on that and what @PokemonSpearssaid of the reviews. :nopingout_meme:

• Haha 2
44 minutes ago, Stannedforever said:

It seems like there's already ~150 books in the series and each of them have their own author who's artist/music critic/analyzer, so I'm interested who's writing this book. Blackout is definitely piece of pop culture history and I've saw a lot of music critics praising it even now over decade later.  :boredashell_pink_britney_hmm_blink_well_umm:

Poke is pressed bc Brianna Juanes wasnt even considered for it :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

1 hour ago, Buffybot said:

The writer for Blackout. I hope she focus on the positive, not the perspective of Britney being a label puppet or whatever.

Since she mentioned Free Britney, maybe she'll be more sympathetic.

I hope it includes more about the making of the music. Everything about Blackout always tends to focus on Britney’s personal life at the time

• Love 1
  • Like 6

OMG YES! :OMGney_britney_surprised_no_way_shocked_wide_eyes: I think she is one of the only few pop artist whom is getting such treatment and respect and we are loving to see it :scalped_wind_storm_blowing_sand_dirt_desert_holding_on: I wished In The Zone was covered as well, since it is as influential as Blackout in todays pop scene, they are basically sibling albums. Regardless, I am super happy and cannot wait! Hopefully a PDF of it comes out since I cant buy the book :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

• Love 3
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

OMG YES! :OMGney_britney_surprised_no_way_shocked_wide_eyes: I think she is one of the only few pop artist whom is getting such treatment and respect and we are loving to see it :scalped_wind_storm_blowing_sand_dirt_desert_holding_on: I wished In The Zone was covered as well, since it is as influential as Blackout in todays pop scene, they are basically sibling albums. Regardless, I am super happy and cannot wait! Hopefully a PDF of it comes out since I cant buy the book :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

I agree! Out of Britney's entire catalog, those are the two albums that I would be most interested in the details of how they were made :angietea_angelina_jolie_tea_sips_coffee_mug_cup_drink_spilling_spill:

• Love 4