Britney Spears' "Blackout" to receive it's own book

On 1/5/2021 at 1:54 AM, Hooked-On-Knee said:

My previous comment was satirical. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

I may think Oops!...I Did It Again is a 10x better album (and 10x more platinum. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:) but it's not because of a Grammy nomination or a metacritic score. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

Do you seethe whenever I bring up that metacritic score? :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

you are going to derail this thread again

satirical: adj. criticizing people or ideas in a humorous way, especially in order to make a political point. 

I didn't know you could do humour.  :idkha_mariah_i_dont_know_her_pink_idk_shake_no:

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Justin Woodpond said:

Britney Spears: 'Oops!...I Did It Again picture book, with facts and anecdotes for fans!

Thats not the type of book Blackout is going to be. But okurrr :weirdmeout_umm_ok_what_weirded_britney:

1 minute ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

She released a book called Heart to Heart in 2000 with her mother detailing her life which I presume would include recording sessions. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

Wait no, Heart-To-Heart details ...Baby One More Time's recording sessions. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

Not ...Baby One More Time getting a better book than both of the albums we are arguing for. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, Justin Woodpond said:

Yes sweetie, but you meant this book

https://www.amazon.com/Britney-Spears-Oops-Did-Again/dp/0711984719

Don't go backtracking now.

Just now, Hooked-On-Knee said:

No, I actually didn't. I didn't even know that book existed till you pointed it out. :watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what:

Cause Heart-To-Heart was released in 2000 so I just assumed it was released during Oops!... but I can't find a release date so it was probably written prior to Oops!... :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

7 minutes ago, Justin Woodpond said:

you are going to derail this thread again

satirical adj. criticizing people or ideas in a humorous way, especially in order to make a political point. 

I didn't know you could do humour.  :idkha_mariah_i_dont_know_her_pink_idk_shake_no:

I don't have the time or effort to argue with you over your random accusations. :peasants_taylor_swift_walking_away_bye_goodbye:

Literally all of my comments have not been serious, not my fault you decided to take them too seriously. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Justin Woodpond said:

You think I'm being serious? random accusations? Now you are being funny

Ha Ha Lol GIF

Random accusations was what I was talking about when you accused me of backtracking even though I genuinely thought Heart-to-Heart was the only book she had released in 2000. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

I can see how you would make that mistake, though, it does sound messy what I said. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

You're not angry at me? :whiteladydance_scarlett_dancing_happy_johansson: :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

9 hours ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

She released a book called Heart to Heart in 2000 with her mother detailing her life which I presume would include recording sessions. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

I actually recently found the book at a friend's place. I just skimmed through a few pages but the French translation seemed rough.

:gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

Le cadeau d'une mère - Poche - Britney Spears, Lynne Spears - Achat Livre |  fnac

Edit: is that actually the same book? :lostney_britney_what_confused_huh_who_looking_around_glory:

Edited by IUSM
  • Haha 1
  • 2 months later...

I'm currently reading a book on Björk's "Homogenic" by the same publisher and it's quite good. The author couldn't reach Björk for comment but she talked with several of her collaborators, who say interesting things about it. Also, the way the author describes each song and the album is general is very insightful. So, I'm assuming the author of the book on "Blackout" will be talking to some of the album's writers and producers and who knows, maybe even Britney herself, and I'm expecting it to be a nice read. Not many writers have been able to capture Blackout's essence on written form, if that makes sense. I liked Pitchfork's review and how The Guardian's described it as a "diamond pressed from trash." Also Mark Fisher's take on it was pretty spot-on: 

What's great about Blackout is the way that Britney seems to enjoy and acclerate her dis-integration as an organic individual - the record, like the media coverage, is a 'piece of her', a fragment of a distributed, mostly simulated, hyperbody, exhibited in a cyberspatial freakshow.

So I'm expecting a fairly intelligent and well-written take on the album and I'm very excited. Also, this will NOT be a coffee table book, it will be an actual book.

• Love 3
  • 7 months later...