Swimming In The Stars v Matches

Slayer

Which song do you prefer?  

143 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like them, though I kinda see why they were scrapped in the first place.

They're still better than some tracks on the final Glory tracklist, but they're not that outstanding. Yes, her vocals sound better in Matches, but overall I think I prefer Swimming's melody. :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

Matches is still great, but I just feel it suffers from the same effect of Me Against the Music. MATM is a great song, but you would've expected better from a duet between Britney and Madonna, and Matches is the same; all my life I've been waiting for a BSB x Britney collaboration, but it definitely didn't sound like this in my dreams lol who produced it btw?

SITS all the way. I can see why it wasn't included but it's pretty lyrically and it's Glory era vocals. The vocal production is really similar to Mood Ring.

Matches is catchy, it does sound like an early demo though. The vocals aren't well produced and it feels very short, like it would have been fleshed out in a second recording session.

SITS has the unreleased vibe some of her best songs have. Like state of grace for example.

Matches is a BOP!

However, her refusion to work is obvious in both songs and they shouldn't have them released.

I mean vocally if it was her desicion, the songs would turn out pretty more polished.

On 12/6/2020 at 1:11 PM, Slayer said:

I struggle to watch that video :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

I do too...

Though I've grown to appreciate the car wash scene. Somewhat. lol

There was an effort made with this video, at least. I would've liked to have seen what they could've done with another song. Iggy is a surprisingly competent director and is underrated when it comes her m.v. concepts. 

Matches. I already feel fatigued from listening to SITS too much, and I haven’t even listened to it that many times. The “DREAM!” intro also really irks me (I’m picky about song intros), which just makes me want to skip it if it comes on shuffle. Also, the vocal production is weird.  SITS is the more mature, sweet, and fitting for 2020 song though. 

Matches sounds unfinished, almost like a demo where they didn’t have enough lyrics to finish the song. It also to me feels like Britney is barely on the song despite it being her song. But I just enjoy it more. I’m more in the mood for a fun, clean-sounding pop bop. The production reminds me of blackbear’s productions, which I like, and I like Britney’s clearer vocals on Matches compared to SITS. 

Archived