Jamie Lynn Spears withdraws petitions and resigns as trustee of Britney's trust, Sam Ingham asks to be appointed as guardian of the trust

Message added by Jordan Miller,

Please keep the comments respectful. 

15 minutes ago, Newrie said:

I actually think Ingham has been great recently. I just don’t see Why HE would apply to be her trustee, Why he did not nominate someone else, not involved with Britney. Like a skilled accountant or something with a good reputation, I don’t know. It is not about trusting him, just the principle that you should not have double roles with conflicting interest when You in your profession have people dependent of you. 

I haven't seen the documents, but what the tweet said was that Ingham asked to be named "guardian ad litem" which is different than a trustee. I don't understand those legal things 100%, but for what I read, it seems like this is a temporary representation. I'm assuming, again, I don't know, but it seems to me that he being that guardian ad litem, is there to represent Britney Spears on the case regarding her trust, because, well, she happens to be under a conservatorship. Jamie Lynn resigns as a trustee, so a new trustee has to be named, but without Britney being legally allowed to do so (apparently) she needs someone to represent her while a new trustee is found.

That's what I understand, anyways. Again, I haven't seen the documents, but that's what I could get from my research based on what that tweet said, or I think it was that Instagram account freebritneyla.

Also, yeah, the judge approved, but that Rebecca Swan, whoever she is, protested, and they decided to "meet and confer" which I assume is about coming to an agreement outside of court.

• Like 2